Wedding Woes

SUPER Happy Friday!!

It's bonus day!  AND I PAID OFF A CAR!! (<---imagine Oprah and her "You get a car! YOU GET A CAR! EVERYONE GETS A CAR!!!!!" glory.)  I made DH come in the office as I hit the button.  :D 

This week is almost over, w00t!!  I do have a zit that's trying to create it's own area code on my lip and it hurts like a mofo.  

What's up for your weekend? 

Re: SUPER Happy Friday!!

• @sparklepants41  baby sparkle isn't even born and you're looking at preschools! lol How come so early? Also boo work, yay dinner!
  • I am hung over because I made bad life choices last night.

It's the year anniversary of my divorce.  I don't know if I feel anything about that.  I had lots of feels the last few months just b/c of the anniversary of the anger and hurt from about November-January last year, but by this time I was just ready for all the things to be over.  And in weird news, I'm wearing my old wedding ring b/c my mother wants to buy the diamond off of me and have it reset.  I'm meeting her for lunch and didn't want to forget it.  Part of me thinks I should be upset about this and the larger part of me is "Meh."  Since we didn't have children, it's like he never Existed in my life.  Which is ironic in of itself, b/c for the last 3 years of our marriage, he didn't.  But still, it's all just Gone.  IDK, I have a bit of a head trip going on.

Other than that, SSDD for the entire weekend.  I'm hoping to get out this weekend and enjoy some sunshine with K, and the rest is pageant prep.
  • Varuna - Hugs for you!  Take it easy on yourself!  Just think of how different your life is now and for the better!
  • (( @VarunaTT ))

Even though you know why you're feeling feelings, it's still hard to feel them sometimes.  

• I don't need these. I don't need these. I don't need these.
    There must be a dupe. I don't want to pay $25 for eyeliner, idc how beautiful they are :'( and they are. Damn you Marc Jacobs ...

http://www.temptalia.com/swatches/?compare=275049,275050,275051,275052,275053,275054,275055,275056,275057,275058,275059,275060
  • edited February 2017
    @OliveOilsMom  ohh that makes sense! also YAY for healthy H!
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    It's bonus day!  AND I PAID OFF A CAR!! 
    Image result for werk gif
    Y'all should go out and celebrate this weekend!
    LOL.  DH and the kids are ditching me since it's FIL's bday.  And DH wants to clean house this afternoon/tonight.   But I do have a little $$ left over after paying off the car, so I am thinking about ordering some new shoes.
    you earned it! ;)
  • It's crazy how low the maternity leave is. Here if you want a daycare center, you have to start right when baby is born basically because the wait is crazy long. Most people end up doing home daycare because it's less of a wait.

Also I vote states get longer mat leave! In Canada we get a year, and the government is looking at pushing it to 18 months {since some women have to go on mat leave early due to health concerns, etc etc}

Ladies .... come to Canada
  • It's crazy how low the maternity leave is. Here if you want a daycare center, you have to start right when baby is born basically because the wait is crazy long. Most people end up doing home daycare because it's less of a wait.

Also I vote states get longer mat leave! In Canada we get a year, and the government is looking at pushing it to 18 months {since some women have to go on mat leave early due to health concerns, etc etc}

I have academic friends in Canada who even put their mat leave on their CV, which is considered when they go up for tenure. Here, you would never dream of that, or suggest that you ever took time off for having a child. 
  • Around nine last night I had that feeling everyone hates. "Oh shit...am I getting sick? I think I'm getting sick." It came out of nowhere. I took some NyQuil and went to bed and sure enough when I woke up this morning....sick. Ugh. 

There's supoosed to be "THE RAIN STORM OF THE DECADE" arriving here today, so of course people are freaking out. I did all of my errands yesterday for the express reason that I don't want to deal with idiots on the road. And also where I live there will probably be some flooding. SO is driving to vegas today for a work trip. I'm sad he won't be here this weekend. We love lazy rainy weekends together and we don't get them that often. Plus the drive to vegas does have flash flood areas so I just want him to be safe. 

Bff moved her flight to Monday, which works out. My Nona's 90th bday party is on Sunday, but I won't go if I'm sick, because I refuse to be known as the person who killed grandma with a cold on her 90th. 

• just called in for a refill of the meds for the dog that I need to show ID to get--whee controlled substances not for me.

I still sound awful, but I"m about to go iron for my job interview.

And I have a girlscout cookie booth to do w/ the kiddo tomorrow morning, beyond that, I thik we're just recouping

I have academic friends in Canada who even put their mat leave on their CV, which is considered when they go up for tenure. Here, you would never dream of that, or suggest that you ever took time off for having a child. 
    People tend to ask why you weren't working for a year here if you get a new job after mat leave. Employers are pretty understanding.
  • @sparklepants41  baby sparkle isn't even born and you're looking at preschools! lol How come so early? Also boo work, yay dinner!
    Tell me about it - I already have the jalapeno-sized fetus on TWO waitlists for preschools near us that are booked through October (Beans would enroll for the infant room at the end of October). But yeah, in the Boston area, the really good preschools fill up fast!! It's crazy!
  • @Heffalump, you should pick up some "mixed nut butter" from TJ's.  You'll thank me.  :D  It's delicious on Ritz crackers and great for dipping apple slices. 
  • @Heffalump can I come over and make some trail mix too? That sounds delicious! RE: your cupcake-less reveal, H and I jsut want to find out ourselves without the big reveal hoopla, but I told him I still wanted cake because, frosting. LOL
    and he can't say no to a preggo ;)
  • Yay Friday!  H has a long weekend so he's home and all morning persony, and I'm home and like leave me alone.

Not much this weekend, a going away party for a friend who is moving to Florida that I did a poor job of planning so we're bar hopping.

@charlotte989875 how long are you in Buffalo for?  Have fun with your sissy and good luck with the interview.

@sparklepants41 my sis started looking way early too in Florida.  @MissKittyDanger we were just talking this morning about how she really hope Trump follows through with his day care promises.  Currently, they don't qualify to write their expenses off of on their taxes.

@levioosa Are you close to the dam that they evacuated over earlier in the week?