Wedding Woes

SUPER Happy Friday!!

13»

Re: SUPER Happy Friday!!

• Total first world problem, but I have been working HARD for what feels like all afternoon and I still have an hour and half until I'm done :'(

Someone please speed time up!
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @kimmiinthemitten  so when you file taxes, you can't even claim child care!? that's crazy!
    Up here, basically because M makes more money he would claim the kid and I would claim the daycare costs
    Wha?  I claimed daycare for the kids.  You are capped at a $600 tax break (per kid, I think.  I never paid daycare at the same time for both kids) and it's basically a percentage of what you paid (since DefConn went to daycare for only 6 months last year, I didn't get the full $600 credit based on what we paid).   You can also choose to do a daycare flex spending account, if your employer offers it.   The money comes out pre-tax, so you can't claim daycare on your taxes if you go that route.  We never did it because of the fact that you are capped and we'd run out not even halfway through the year, and the money would still be coming out of our check.  And in the end, it wasn't that much of a tax savings. 
    This is what we did eons ago when I was working and DD was little. DH's employer had the flex spending account (I think) but we claimed daycare.

• kvruns said:
    thank heavens for the beautiful weather we are having right now. Took the baby for a run this morning when it was still chilly and then a walk in the nice sunshine. Would like another this afternoon but we have therapy so not sure I can go. 

B rolled over in his sleep from back to belly which means no more swaddling arms in. So he's screamed at me for every attempt at sleep thus far today. But at least he wore himself out for his morning nap. I worry about overnight sleep as he'd been doing sooooo good and now this. Stupid developmental crap lol.

Plans for the weekend are mostly just trying to be outside and enjoy the sunshine with some walks since I don't really know what else to do with the baby.
    Swaddling wasn't "in" when my kids were newborns but wouldn't have been able to do it anyway. All three of them HATED being tight in anything - even blanket sleepers. DD slept through the night really early and the only time she woke up during the night (other than being sick) was the night I put her in a blanket sleeper. She got too hot and couldn't move enough! LOL! 

• @VarunaTT Hugs to you. Divorciversaries bring up all kinds of feels. I'm glad you're out of that situation, though.

@mrsconn23 A big huge YAY for paying a car off!!! That's a great feeling.

@MissKittyDanger I will be looking for those pics of your dinner on Insta!

Morning all!

I'm kinda sneezy/sinus headachy today. We have a bunch of stuff blooming, because, ya know, the trees think this springtime weather we've been having all "winter" long means it's spring.

Got my hair done last night, which was amazing. I got something called "shadow root" done with a little balayage. She did an awesome job.

Today I'm working, AKA playing on TK all day because we still have no loans. Cool. I'm leaving right after work to head to Atlanta for a date night with DH. It's been forever since we have gone out together. I am really looking forward to it. This will be his last weekend in ATL. He told me last night that he's getting moved to South Carolina next week. Any SC knotties on here?

I'm driving home tomorrow, and potentially going to see my friend and her brand new twin girls at the hospital if she's feeling up to it! Sunday will be church and that's about it!

I took Monday off because I have a Dr. appointment smack dab in the middle of the day, and then mom and I are going to get tattoos that night :D they aren't going to be matching, but they do "go" together. Kind of in honor of my grandma with Alzheimer's. That's gonna be a special night!

Where in SC? My son and future DIL are in Columbia. Most of my extended family lives in SC. Whenever we head there it is like going home!

• @VarunaTT Hugs to you. Divorciversaries bring up all kinds of feels. I'm glad you're out of that situation, though.

Morning all!

I'm kinda sneezy/sinus headachy today. We have a bunch of stuff blooming, because, ya know, the trees think this springtime weather we've been having all "winter" long means it's spring.

Got my hair done last night, which was amazing. I got something called "shadow root" done with a little balayage. She did an awesome job.

Today I'm working, AKA playing on TK all day because we still have no loans. Cool. I'm leaving right after work to head to Atlanta for a date night with DH. It's been forever since we have gone out together. I am really looking forward to it. This will be his last weekend in ATL. He told me last night that he's getting moved to South Carolina next week. Any SC knotties on here?

I'm driving home tomorrow, and potentially going to see my friend and her brand new twin girls at the hospital if she's feeling up to it! Sunday will be church and that's about it!

I took Monday off because I have a Dr. appointment smack dab in the middle of the day, and then mom and I are going to get tattoos that night :D they aren't going to be matching, but they do "go" together. Kind of in honor of my grandma with Alzheimer's. That's gonna be a special night!

Where in SC? My son and future DIL are in Columbia. Most of my extended family lives in SC. Whenever we head there it is like going home!
    My cousin and her husband are just outside Charleston!!

Morning all!

Not sure what part he will be in just yet! I'll post it once I find out. I always like to get recommendations of things to do/see and places to eat!

Morning all!

My cousin and her husband are just outside Charleston!!
    Love the Charleston area. I'm headed that way next month for a girls' weekend with college friends. Great restaurants and lots of history, not to mention beautiful beaches.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Yeah, I have and that's really not my thing.  ;)   I have thought off and on about looking into those thinx undies.  
    Ahh ... I've heard of them and I'm curious but the idea weirds me out lmao! If you get them you must share your wisdom!
    Please let me know how those work, as I too am curious.  I don't think I could get away with them on heavier days though (((TMI I am a heavy/clotted bleeder))).

Warning, TMI in my Diva cup review:

I used the disposable cups (Softcups) for a long time and absolutely love those, however, I can only find them on Amazon nowadays and they're spendy.  But they're pretty much set it and forget it.  Then I took the plunge and bought a permanent Diva cup.  I don't like it, though I think I got the wrong size (yes, they come in different sizes, lol).  When I bought it, the instructions were if a woman has had a child and/or is above a certain age, they should buy the larger size.  I was above said age (I think 35), but have never had a child.  I wish I'd gotten the smaller size.  I read all the advice online and, although I don't have trouble putting it in, I often have trouble taking it out if it isn't full.  Don't have that same issue with the disposable ones.

The cups hold more than a tampon can, so they can be a lot better for women with a heavier flow.  With that said, I have never gotten the knack to consistently take them out without potentially causing what looks like a crime scene, so I always plan for them to be taken out at home.

What I've been doing is using the Diva on my first, heaviest day and then switching to either a disposable or tampons for the rest of my days.  I tend to have light periods, so the first day is the only one where I know I can easily take the Diva back out.

I just saw on Amazon that the prices have come down on cups and there are more brands out there nowadays.  Some that claim easier removal than the Diva.  I'm glad I saw this thread.  It prompted me to do a search and I'm going to try a smaller size with a different brand.  Because, if I can combat my difficulty in taking it out, these are seriously the best thing since sliced bread. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker