Wedding Woes

Wednesday/Hump Day

2»

Re: Wednesday/Hump Day

• The last two weeks have been so busy for me, and now there's a lull.  When I'm bored I shop or vacation plan.  DH's days off change on the 1st, so I can't even plan a mini vacation/road trip until Saturday. 

• @kimmiinthemitten  with the apple? Okay you know the stem, and you twist it? When I was a kid it was a thing. Every twist was a letter - you go through the alphabet and whatever letter it landed on was the name of your future spouse.
  • edited March 2017
    @kimmiinthemitten  with the apple? Okay you know the stem, and you twist it? When I was a kid it was a thing. Every twist was a letter - you go through the alphabet and whatever letter it landed on was the name of your future spouse.
    I used to do this. :) 

So if it takes 4 twists for the stem to come of, the future spouse's first name would start with a D. We also did the last name, where you'd take the detached stem and poke it onto the skin of the apple. The number of pokes it took before you broke the skin of the apple signified the last name initial (e.g. 13 pokes = M).
    *********************************************************************************

• @MissKittyDanger @southernbelle0915 crazy!  I've never heard of either of those!  I want to try.
  • @southernbelle0915  yes!!! I didn't do the poke one {heard of it, but not popular near me} I did the twist and since I'm married, I figured I'll do it to first child's name :')

@kimmiinthemitten  YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!! It's super fun ;)
  • @MissKittyDanger @southernbelle0915 crazy!  I've never heard of either of those!  I want to try.
    haha I had long forgotten about it until @MissKittyDanger mentioned it, but fun memories for sure. We also used to count how many jump ropes you could do as how many kids you were going to have. Looking back, it's hilarious and ridiculous because unless you were terrible at jump roping, you were guaranteed at least 50-100 kids. 
    *********************************************************************************

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2017
    kvruns said:
    @lyndausvi that sounds like a crappy friend contacting the HH unless your DH didn't mind or that is par for the course? 
    I know right?

I think DH is confused, but is just rolling with it.   J REALLY wants out of his current position.   He sees how happy DH and another mutual friend are at their private club jobs and wants to move over to that side.       It's like he feels that since DH is happy here, he should get a chance for this job.   Since DH has more club experience he might feel he has a better chance if DH isn't in the running.  

Which is all speculative since the job isn't even posted at this point.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Does anyone still do the alphabet when they take stems off of apples? Now that I'm married I do it to what letter my first kid will be named - I just did it and it's actually the letter we've talked about :) kinda cool lol
    I haven't done that in a while but now I want to! Maybe that will help us shorten our list of names!
  • lyndausvi said:
    kvruns said:
    @lyndausvi that sounds like a crappy friend contacting the HH unless your DH didn't mind or that is par for the course? 
    I know right?

I think DH is confused, but is just rolling with it.   J REALLY wants out of his current position.   He sees how happy DH and another mutual friend are at their private club jobs and wants to move over to that side.       It's like he feels that since DH is happy here, he should get a chance for this job.   Since DH has more club experience he might feel he has a better chance if DH isn't in the running.  

Which is all speculative since the job isn't even posted at this point.
    Yah I'm with @kimmiinthemitten, it seems weird he'd try and convince your DH not to even go for it. It's not like once people are happy with their jobs they stop looking for other opportunities, or that if you're happy with a job you can't take another one because someone you know is unhappy with their job. That's not how any of this works. 

• Other than that SSDD - except that I'm officially half way to my fundraising minimum for the 3 Day!!  I was reading some blog posts about the experience (I like to be prepared and know what to expect) and just reading about it made me a little verklempt.  I'm going to be a wreck during the actual event.  They have the survivors walk in as a group at the end of the closing ceremony processional and all of the walkers and crew give them a sneaker salute.  I know it sounds cheesy but I'm going to ball my eyes out.
    When is your walk? That's great you're raising so much. Is it the Komen walk?

• Other than that SSDD - except that I'm officially half way to my fundraising minimum for the 3 Day!!  I was reading some blog posts about the experience (I like to be prepared and know what to expect) and just reading about it made me a little verklempt.  I'm going to be a wreck during the actual event.  They have the survivors walk in as a group at the end of the closing ceremony processional and all of the walkers and crew give them a sneaker salute.  I know it sounds cheesy but I'm going to ball my eyes out.
    When is your walk? That's great you're raising so much. Is it the Komen walk?
    It's August 4-6th. Yes it's through Komen. I always wanted to do the 3 day not just due to my family history but because it requires a commitment and sacrifice from its walkers, not just pay $35 and show up. But then all that stuff went down with Komen and PP and I had some love lost for the group. But then I researched them and they changed a lot their structure and in where their money goes so now I get to walk with and celebrate a friend who is a survivor and feel good about where the money is going. 
    Yah, that was my feeling on them, too. But it's good to know they've made some changes!