Wedding Woes
Options

Happy Friday!

Good morning, WW!  What's going on this weekend?  Big plans for us include much needed us time, Netflix, a little gardening, and taking in the heirloom cuckoo clock we received as a wedding gift to get serviced and repaired.  I'm so excited to finally get it on the wall.  I'm also trying to sweet talk DH into hanging the curtains... But doing that has proven to be a kind of a jinx for us, in that within 2 weeks of hanging the curtains, we inevitably find out we're moving.  Third time's the charm... Right?

DH doesn't think so, bless his heart.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
--Philip Pullman

Re: Happy Friday!

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @atomicblonde - sending good vibes you don't end up moving.

I have been mostly MIA this week because it has been a crazy one at work.  This weekend should be fun - our photog is doing our engagement pic reveal at her house tonight!  Yay!  Tomorrow night is a trivia night for the area Pet Food Pantry (that I help coordinate).  Trivia nights are always fun.  

And Sunday is our first baseball game of the season!!  YAS.  We have all inclusive tickets and it's a day game so we will be at the ballpark by 11am getting our eat and drink on.  I am SO SO excited.  

• Options

I don't have much going on today or this weekend.  Finally going grocery shopping today.  Because I was supposed to do it last weekend and didn't.  But I only have one week left of my Ultra Sunrise Monsters, which are only carried at one Sam's Club in the entire area (smh).  So things are getting serious now.

I'm going to try my hand at preparing a bunch of those "throw stuff in plastic bag" recipes and put it in your freezer for using in your slow cooker throughout the month.  We'll see how that plan goes.  Sometimes my laziness knows no bounds...especially on the weekends.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not much last night. M and I ended up playing our weird YouTube game {pull up a song - try to get the other person to get the song/band/etc} for a few hours. I completely crashed at 9pm. I don't think I woke up at alllll in the night. I'm still tired today, but better than yesterday.

Random funny fact, M made a weird impression of a squirrel rocking out and I kept mocking him all evening because of it :')

Tonight is laundry {no I still haven't done it ...} and general tidying.
    We're hoping he hears from the company he had an interview with on Wednesday.

Saturday - M is going out with his buddy's to the gun show. I'm mopping then heading up to the dollarama to pick up stuff while floor dries. I have to redo a video this weekend.
    Prob watch a movie in the evening.

Sunday - cleaning and maybe going to Jysk, Bed Bath & Beyond and Value Village.
  • Options
    Didn't sleep well last night so hopefully a nap is my future this afternoon. Did spin class this morning and have pilates at noon. This weekend we have college kids coming to help us with yard work. We have tons of clean up to do after the winds of the last few days then 6 yards of mulch to spread. Other than that not much going on.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I forgot to take my meds yesterday so I'm an itchy mess until they kick in.

My parents are taking the kids overnight so we're doing dinner and Easter basket shopping- they're getting Gatorade bottles, headphones, and pez. 

Tomorrow farmer's market then the kids come back and it's baseball practice, soccer game.  Sunday church, lacrosse, First Communion pictures.
  • Options
    It was so nice to get out of the house with friends last night! I missed my baby though. She was asleep in the living room when I got home so I put her in pajamas and nursed her around 10 and she slept until 3 and then didn't wake up again until 6:30! It was so nice!

Tonight I'm meeting some friends at H's house to make sure her H is really going to do the work needed to it for the price he said. I was expecting it to be $500 and he's saying $250. I put everything needed in the cart online at Home Depot and it's just over $500. 

This weekend, we'll go visit my mom, buy the kiddos some new clothes, and may go look at a few houses.
  • Options
    I have a job fair today, but other than that nothing else is really going on. This weekend will be spent relaxing. I feel like we've gone out every weekend for awhile, so I'm looking forward to just being at home and lounging. SO has big plans for getting things done, but I think he needs to relax a little. He doesn't feel great and I don't want him to overdo it. 

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    @short+sassy - do you have Amazon Prime?  It looks like they sell them by the case and they are Prime eligible.  

• Options
    I have NOTHING going on this weekend and I LOOOOOVE it.  I probably should get around to looking for my bridesmaid dress.  My friend was gracious enough to give us a color palette and go on our own :)

And I do want to eventually see Ghost in the Shell with DH. Nothing else really excites me, movie wise, that I haven't seen already.  Maybe Beauty & the Beast again.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    @short+sassy I do a lot of those crockpot meals.  I have a few I like more than others, but overall I've been happy (especially considering the effort I put into them).  Our Mondays are a complete cluster.  These have been the best thing ever to feed my family.  I use on-line click lists to shop for 10-12 of them at a time then make on big mess.  With the right combinations there's zero waste.
  • Options
    Tonight, K has a show.  Tomorrow she has loads of stuff, IDK what it all is.  I have glorious amounts of nothing to take care of.  Shove out some invoices, but that's about it.  Sunday is date day/night.  Hedda Gabler is showing at the local indie theatre and I can't wait.  One of my favorite playwrights and one of his best plays (not my favorite, but damn close).
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited April 2017
    Busy conferencing but want to say Hamilton was outstanding! Seriously it was so good. 

More meetings today, my day is packed from 11:30 until dinner at 7:45 but it's been great. Hope everyone had a good weekend!
    So glad you enjoyed it.  I can't wait to see my mom's reaction when we go!

Every time I travel to San Diego for business (once a year) I get "hey, can I meet up with you?  I'll stay in the hotel room while your'e busy" (both a friend and DH have said this) .....um.....We literally start at 8 am and have dinner's planned for us and then go out after dinner for socialization and drinks.  You won't see me whenever I'm traveling for work!  now, plan something before or after - sure! 

• Options
    Busy conferencing but want to say Hamilton was outstanding! Seriously it was so good. 

More meetings today, my day is packed from 11:30 until dinner at 7:45 but it's been great. Hope everyone had a good weekend!
    So glad you enjoyed it.  I can't wait to see my mom's reaction when we go!

Every time I travel to San Diego for business (once a year) I get "hey, can I meet up with you?  I'll stay in the hotel room while your'e busy" (both a friend and DH have said this) .....um.....We literally start at 8 am and have dinner's planned for us and then go out after dinner for socialization and drinks.  You won't see me whenever I'm traveling for work!  now, plan something before or after - sure! 
    This is so true. My family is always like "oh it's great you get to see so many cities" when in reality I see the two block radius around the conference hotel. 
  • Options
    Tonight I'm planning on redboxing Jackie while H preps the nursery walls for painting. Then this weekend while he is painting (and possibly putting the crib together??) I will be running a bunch of errands and then Sunday I'm meeting some friends for a long overdue mani/pedi.
  • Options
    Ro041 said:
    @short+sassy - do you have Amazon Prime?  It looks like they sell them by the case and they are Prime eligible.  

Awesome!  Thanks!  I do have Amazon Prime and I ordered these from there months ago.  Then the price went from $32 (about the Sam's price) to $45, so I went back to getting them at Sam's.

But I just checked, thanks to your post, and I see they're back to the much more reasonable $32.  Plus I have an Amazon credit card that gives me 5% back on Amazon purchases.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tonight we are going out to dinner and listen to a favorite musician friend play.  
    Tomorrow we are headed to a 50th wedding anniversary celebration that's 2.5 hours away so we'll be in the car longer than we're at the event.  But it's family and a priority so we're going.  It's supposed to be a beautiful day - about 70 and sunny - a treat for MN in April.

Sunday will be church, laundry and anything else that needs to be caught up.  

I'd like to get out and do a little shopping for something to wear to an interview I have on Tues for a supervisory role. (crosses fingers!)
  • Options
    Looks like a decent weather weekend so I plan to get in a stroller run and then some extra walks with B. For my race i n2 weeks I've decided I'm only running the 5K not the 8K I signed up for so at least I know I can run the distance though more stroller runs are good for B to keep getting used to it. My H is helping a friend move something from like Columbus, OH to Indy so apparently he's going to be gone all day which is fine by me. I much prefer it when it is just B and I so I can do things how I want without someone looking over my shoulder. 

My parents start the drive back from FL from snowbirding, I think they leave Sunday. I'm sad they didn't get to stay as long as they usually do bc they had to go down later but they did get to stay an extra week. Selfishly I'm glad they're going to be back because with all the issues going on in my house I will feel better knowing they are close by (well ok 40 min but better than 18 hours or whatever!)
  • Options
    Question; anyone have a good remedy to get phlegm out of chest? I'm picking up halls this weekend and I don't think I'm at benelyn level yet.
  • Options
    Question; anyone have a good remedy to get phlegm out of chest? I'm picking up halls this weekend and I don't think I'm at benelyn level yet.
    Hot toddy :)
  • Options

Mucinex works wonders
    Met: 5/4/16
    Dating: 6/21/16
    Engaged: 3/20/17
    Wedding: 2/24/18
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Oh yeah, today's the big board meeting to determine where Dh will be working/ who he'll be working for. If the deal doesn't go through he'll be on a serious job hunt. 
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    @short+sassy - I searched for your energy drinks on Amazon from my work computer.....2 hours later I am scrolling through FB on my phone and an ad for them pops up.  *eyeroll*  The machines are getting to smart.

• Options
    Ro041 said:
    @short+sassy - I searched for your energy drinks on Amazon from my work computer.....2 hours later I am scrolling through FB on my phone and an ad for them pops up.  *eyeroll*  The machines are getting to smart.
    smart - and they know what they're doing.  Even for stuff I don't search, I get ads for stuff that I end up buying.  The people who post ads on facebook are smart, because they definitely get business from me.  Plus, i like reading the comments on people who have tried and like them.  I can go to their profiles and see if they're real people or not. 

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    @CharmedPam - I am the same way.  Just yesterday, I bought a dress from a random online retailer because their ad came up on FB and I could check out their page and reviews.  

• Options
    Quiet weekend with the hubby is not happening any more.  MIL and FIL are coming down for a surprise! visit.  It's not a bad thing, really... I love MIL.  And we knew they were trying to come visit sometime this month.  So it's also not a HUGE surprise.  It's just... 

Sigh.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    And Dh's job officilally sold (well 50 year lease) for $1.16 billion
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Yay? :)
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    6fsn said:
    Yay? :)

I don't know. He'll get a retention bonus (we know the amount) and he'll get a signing bonus (unknown, but protected under the agreement).  He's guaranteed a job, but nobody knows what it's going to be like.  The new ownership is actually two companies- one Canadian and one French.  There are so many unknowns.  What we do know is our house would sell in a hot minute and we'd make a tidy profit.  We're mobile, but I DON'T WANNA!!!