New York-Long Island

All out of options...Need Reception Hall Help

Hi everyone,

I have looked high and low all over LI and I am just not able to find a place to have my wedding. I am looking for a newer, modern, clean white place that can hold about 125 people. Does anyone have any suggestions? It can be LI, CT or NJ...just not NYC.

Thank you!!

Re: All out of options...Need Reception Hall Help

• edited December 2011
    Venetian Yacht Club? LaGrange?
    How many people are you having? That could give us some better ideas. And where you have already searched so we don't duplicate the same places you already looked.
  • JacAndRy2011JacAndRy2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have looked at Giorgios, Land's End, Sparkling Pointe, Raphael, all the Lombardi's places, Westbry CC, Crest Hollow, Beller Mer (RI - too $$), Glen Island Harbor Club, Greentree CC, Beckwith Pointe, Old Field Club, The Allegria Hotel (too many issues). The Carltun (a little $$)

125 people
  • nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard good things about Flowerfields in St. James its all white inside like you mentioned and its supposed to be absolutely beautiful! GL :)
  • ceyringceyring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Flowerfield bride!  They've been perfect so far!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at flowerfields in July and it was beautiful.  I'm a fox hollow bride, but it is deinately and older look, more of a warmer feel than modern.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowerfield is beautiful, but I do agree a little more warm feeling than modern. Any thoughts on additional RI (already saw CastleHill), CT or NJ venues?
  • edited December 2011
    East Wind has the Venetian room which is ivory and dark woods with a balcony... that might work?
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the new place in Jersey City ---Maritime Parc is all white.

Also, i"m getting married in NYC and it's mostly all white.  A place called Battery Gardens.
  • edited December 2011

I got married this past May at The Mansion at Timber Point - they are part of the Lessings Group - it is located in Great River on the Great South Bay - I just posted my experience with them.  If you haven't already checked them out its definetly worth it!  Beautiful location both inside and out! 

• edited December 2011
    Fox Hollow is redoing one of their older rooms. We saw the plans last week (just got married there on the 26th). The room looks awesome holds 125. Fox Hollow was also a pleasure to work with. 
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! I am actually going to look at Battery Gardens tomorrow. I took a total turn of style and might go with The Carltun in East Meadow. 
  • DtriscariDtriscari member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey. I see that your wedding is right around the corner! I am looking at allegria but I see so many bad reviews! Can you tell me the issues you had wi them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards