Wedding Woes

Thursday

13»

Re: Thursday

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017

mrsconn23 said:

I have a friend who's name has a letter in front of a normal name...

For example, Jdawn (not my friend's name).  Her name is pronounced, Jay-Dawn.  One of our co-workers INSISTED that her name was J. Dawn, not Jdawn. And co-iker would SPELL it J. Dawn, not Jdawn.  So fucking obnoxious. 

Oh!  I was recently watching the Vet Life.  And someone brought in a little pig named:

Chris P. Bacon

I thought that was so funny and clever.

wait .... do you mean the guy who runs Demolition Ranch?

No, the Vet Life is on Animal Planet.  It's three vets who have been friends since college (about 10 years) who all moved to Houston and opened a clinic together.

A lot of the show is about their practice and the patients they get in.  But then, because it's a tv show lol, they sometimes also go out to farms and wild animal shelters.

One of the vets made comment on a show that he loves being a vet because his patients are so cute.  I'm like, "Yes!  That's also why I like to watch your show, lol." 

Edited:  I guess I should add that I don't know what Demolition Ranch is.  Maybe it's the same guys?  Stranger things have happened.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @6fsn as the wife of a teacher/coach that doesn't surprise me at all. H's 7th graders last year played a team that kept swearing and name calling an no one on the other bench even blinked.  He says every year he gets more calls about his baseball team than he ever gets about his students. 

@pegasuskat I hope you heal soon!

I'm probably going to win an award for worst daughter of the year. I am currently getting a mani/pedi and just found out my dad went to the ER for a cough and dizziness (flashback to when we rushed him to the ER and he stayed for a week last year and we thought he was going to die and it turns out it's because he refuses to use his CPAP). Well in Florida he arrived CPAP-less and we warned him a cold would put him back in the hospital. I'm not rushing up there this time and I really don't want to cancel my weekend in Chicago, especially since it's treatable and preventable. Of course if it's bad it's another thing but if it's routine he can be bored for the weekend. 
  • Sending healing vibes for your dad, @kimmiinthemitten!

Re: names. My name is Meghan, and most people pronounce it the way you'd expect, but I've seen at least six or seven different spellings, including from some of my relatives. I go by Meg most of the time to avoid that issue.

My last name trips people up for some reason, too. It's only seven letters, spelled like it sounds, so you'd think it would be easy for people. Nope.

• Sending healing vibes for your dad, @kimmiinthemitten!

Re: names. My name is Meghan, and most people pronounce it the way you'd expect, but I've seen at least six or seven different spellings, including from some of my relatives. I go by Meg most of the time to avoid that issue.

My last name trips people up for some reason, too. It's only seven letters, spelled like it sounds, so you'd think it would be easy for people. Nope.

I live on a street that is a person's name.  Like their full name, first and last.  It's a basic first name with no alternative spellings and the last name is a common one.

@OurWildKingdom, I'm going to use your first name as an example since it is an equally simple one to spell and understand.  And "Roberts" for the pseudo last name of the person my street is named after.

So, let's say I live on Meg Roberts St.  When I need to give my address, people will usually ask me how to spell it.  I mean, that's fine, I understand it.  It's probably standard to ask everyone.  But I can't help but feel a little silly replying, "Two words.  First word is spelled like the name.  M...E...G" lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  Not same people. Demolition Ranch/Off the Ranch/Vet Ranch is by one guy who M loves watching. You might enjoy Vet Ranch or Off the Ranch {unless you're into guns, then you'd love all 3}

Tbh Off the Ranch is how I've convinced M to be in my youtube vids lmao!
    {fact: youtube was compliant tonight so I have my video up! :)
    youtube.com/bunnycart
    #shamelessplug}

• levioosa said:

SO took the kitten into the vet. They are keeping it for two days for free and giving it antibiotics. Then we will have to find a place for it.  It has an eye infection and an upper respiratory tract infection. They think it was probably abandoned too. They said if we hadn't brought it in today it probably would have gone blind and most likely would have died. 

Oh thank god you brought it in! And that's so sweet of the vet to treat it for free! I'm sure, since it's a kitten, that they'll have no problem finding a forever home for it.
  • @levioosa you just saved her sweet little life!  That's awesome of your vet too. 

Dad has pneumonia, just barely above walking but he's 72 so they're keeping him for oxygen for fluids. Sorry if I sounded cruel earlier. This man is just the boy who cried wolf. He's a borderline hypochondriac about everything but his lungs, which between being a smoker for 50 years and waking 60 plus times at night when he doesn't use the CPAP, is the most serious health hazard to him. Thankfully he's going to be fine, he just needs antibiotics and breathing treatments for a day or two. But I'm still going to kick his ass as promised when I walked in here. 
  • edited June 2017
    Duplicate post because TK mobile is stupid. 
  • Most of my patients are in my unit because of noncompliance. I know how frustrating it can be. Sending you and your family good vibes, @kimmiinthemitten

• You know it's bad when you're admitted and waiting in the room and the Dr from last time walks in and says "Mr Mitten!  I remember you!"

Thankfully he remembers him from last year and not month at least.
  • flantasticflantastic member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017

mrsconn23 said:

I have a friend who's name has a letter in front of a normal name...

For example, Jdawn (not my friend's name).  Her name is pronounced, Jay-Dawn.  One of our co-workers INSISTED that her name was J. Dawn, not Jdawn. And co-iker would SPELL it J. Dawn, not Jdawn.  So fucking obnoxious. 

Oh!  I was recently watching the Vet Life.  And someone brought in a little pig named:

Chris P. Bacon

I thought that was so funny and clever.

edit - fixed embed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMA3x-bc8iM