Wedding Woes

It's Thursday, right?

Throat still hurts, but it hurts differently now. Like instead of feeling like razor blades on just the left side, it feels like I'm being strangled internally all the way across. I'm going to see if I can get a cortisone shot because I need to be well for Garth!!

Yesterday my SIL invited me to an ItWorks wrap party. She posts about ItWorks every day, so if I were interested, I'd have contacted her already. The kicker of this is that you have to take $25 to try a wrap! What??? No! I have a great excuse reason for not going; the wraps aren't intended for use by breastfeeding mothers. Oh darn.

My oldest came over last night and had dinner with us. I made chicken fajita pasta and he ate the chicken and the pasta, but picked out all the vegetables then said, "It was good but I wish it had some vegetables." He's such an ass...I love him.

Mouse tried to run out into the street while I was putting Pretty Girl into the car so I grabbed him and said, "You're a punk!" The entire time I was buckling him into his car seat he was pointing to himself saying, "Bun? Bunk? Bun? Bun?" It was adorable, but I now must be careful about what I say to/in front of him.

Re: It's Thursday, right?

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I finally got back from DC last week.  It was a long month and I am thrilled to be back in my own bed.

In bad news, FI informed me that ants took over the kitchen and he didn't do much about it.  God bless him.  I am not engaged in chemical warfare in my own home.    I feel bad, but it's fascinating to see them eat the poison and return to wherever the nest is with it.  

I haven't slept in 3 days because new foster dog is from a hoarding situation and is terrified so he howls non-stop all day and night.  

My dad (who I have only met once in my life) texted me last week that he's trying to get "wedding ready."  We don't plan to invite him, so that is awkward...

• @DrillSergeantCat  Try gargling. Salt and water or mouth wash {I'd suggest vodka but you're still breastfeeding, but that's also an option}
    Girl I know is selling them and I swear, she posts so often .... *sigh*

Your kids are funny :)

SSDD - today is my Friday because I'm off tomorrow for M's bday {he turns 27 - yes he's younger lol} Just means I have to clear up my desk by end of day today.

Last night opted to do not much. Planned on doing stuff but just did laundry and sprayed lysol on my garage floor {sticky mess from garbage - could be attracting ants}

Tonight isn't much. I just realized I didn't take anything out for dinner .... so I may see what kinda leftovers are in the fridge lol Oops! Or maybe breakfast for dinner?

This weekend is pretty busy. Tomorrow depends on weather, but we have some errands to do and maybe M is going fishing. Saturday is the beach and possible bbq at a friend's place. Sunday M and his buddy are making a work bench and then M is gonna see if his buddy wants to go to range with him as a 'thanks'
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited July 2017
    LOL at Mouse @DrillsergeantCat. They absorb so much, don't they?  I also tried a pack of wraps from itworks (they have a line of products) but I think it's made for cellulite and not fat. I noticed a smaller stomach when I used mine, but if you eat/drink after it, it just goes back to normal?  Great if you're planning on going somewhere and not eating or drinking.  But that doesn't seem like anywhere *I'd* want to go!

@Ro041, we have an ant problem too.  I have set traps out, so hopefully that works (they hide well and only come out when food is left out....which I never do but DH and guests do quite often)

Speaking of guests, it's now Thursday (as you mentioned in the title) and I was supposed to meet up with a long time friend of mine.  6 years or so ago we got into a spat. It was over selling our group whitesox tickets since we couldn't go to the game and it shouldn't have gone as far as it did.   We made up via facebook and kept it civil through social media.  She IM'd me a few weeks ago after her 40th birthday - I sent her a basket - and said she really was sorry about our spat and wanted to make up for it and missed me and she was coming to Chicago on the 14-16th with a friend and wanted to meet up. I was all for it. The thing is - I don't like her husband.  He may have changed in the last 6 years but he was a moocher, a lazy ass, and a huge red flag on how he treats his daughter (or lack of treatment) from a previous relationship.  He's also not easy to talk to or make conversation with.  So when she said it was just her and a friend I was like....perfect segway into getting our relationship back on track  without her A-hole hubby!

Well like i said, it's Thursday now, and I haven't heard from her yet....but now I want a weekend to veg out with my H and do NOTHING and more importantly spend nothing.  I want to see her - but I also want a weekend alone.  Anyone get me? see what I'm saying?  We'll see.  I know if she still comes to town, I should make an effort to see her but I'm strapped for cash and will be sipping on iced tea if we do go out for drinks.

edit: spelling

• @Ro041  glad you had a good trip :) And I get what you mean about the ants. My mum's place briefly had them and she did the same. I would just watch them travel back and forth ....
    Poor pup :( Hopefully you get sleep and pup calms. Maybe go to a pet store, they sell a pheromone plug in that can calm animals who naturally have high anxiety or in a new home. When we got Penny, she was feral so her first night was rough. Got that plug in and she calmed enough to rest.

Sorry about awkward situation about your dad :\
  • Welcome back @Ro041! Sorry to hear about the puppers having a hard time adjusting. Hopefully it doesn't last too long. We have a terrible ant problem, too. Fortunately, they're not making their way inside the house, but we did have to throw out a tub of dog food because they infested it.

@MissKittyDanger my kids are hilarious! I am a lucky mom. Recent studies show that very, very minimal amounts of alcohol enter the breast milk. If you're legally okay to drive, you're okay to breastfeed. So gargling drinking vodka would be okay, but I need this to stop NOW! 
  • DSC - Keep getting better!  Garth is waiting!

Ro - That is awkward with dad.  Did this text come out of the blue?  Ho did he know you were engaged?  You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Last night was good.  The yoga class was very much needed!  DD tried bananas last night and seemed to really enjoy them.  Even getting mad at dad he wasn't feeding her fast enough!  We will see if she still enjoys the bananas tonight or if it was just a passing fad like the apples!  She was in a hilariously happy mood for the rest of the night once she started to eat the bananas!

Not much tonight.  I'm going to make hamburgers for dinner.  Probably do a bit more cleaning.

Thank God its Thursday and Prudie day!

• @CharmedPam  Good on you for making up. There's a girl I use to be friends with and we argued over legit something stupid, and we're civil to each other if we happen to run into each other {which is usually when it's the rare time I'm at the store she works at} But I'd rather not make up with her .... especially finding stuff out after-the-fact she lied about. *sigh*
    Is there any free events in your area? Maybe you could show her things there {if you hear from her}

@DrillSergeantCat  I'd heard beer was good for breastfeeding but wasn't sure about hard liquor. Well drink up start gargling! It does kill bacteria.
    {I use to gargle with vodka around allergy season to break up nasal drip lol}
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    @DrillSergeantCat - I might consider getting pregnant just to avoid ItWorks.  Jk Jk.  But seriously.

@CharmedPam -  I totally get it.  Sometimes I have to force myself out of the house to see old friends.  It is exhausting to do anything that is farther than 15 mins from my house.  I never regret going out, and I doubt you will either.  Maybe it will be awesome!  If she calls, I guess....

@OliveOilsMom - ugh.  It was so awkward.  His wife (who I have literally never talked to) sent me a pic of my dad while on vacation.  I said he looked great!  He responded (from her phone) that he was getting into wedding shape.  I avoided telling him about the engagement for 7 months until my FMIL announced it in her local newspaper.  I didn't want him to find out that way so I begrudgingly texted him the good news and told him we are doing something with close friends and family in November.  I'm not quite sure how to break it to him because I thought it was at least clear that it is going to be small.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Rain,rain, rain today.  I had to cancel small group this morning. I have a bunch of procedures to write, conference call at 11:30, PTO at 3:30. 

DH's brother's wife's father died (SIL's dad, but wanted to give a little context).  They are having a celebration of life Saturday at a dive bar, but are also having an open house Friday at BIL and SIL's house.  We are opting for the Friday evening event.  BIL and SIL are not happy and don't seem to understand why we don't want to do Saturday. 

• @charlotte989875  Charlotte: don't forget meeeee :)
  • @Ro041 Hugs.  Maybe just rip that band aid off and tell bio-dad now.
  • @DrillSergeantCat and @OliveOilsMom, I love your all's cute and funny baby/toddler stories!  I hope you start feeling better soon now, DSC.

@Ro041, poor foster pups, I hope he calms down.  Eeek, really awkward with your bio-dad.  You'd think a one-time meeting wouldn't equal expecting an invite.  On ants, I keep an open box of pantry-type food in my office.  Last Thursday, I put an open bag of chips (though clipped) into said box.  Whoops.  By the next morning, the whole box was covered in ants.  I was pulling out the items I could salvage.  Not really worrying about the regular black carpenter ants.  Although not as aggressive as their red cousins, did you know they also bite?  I did not.  But apparently they do and insert a bit of formic acid while they are at it.  I had six bites across my hands and fingers that puffed up and itched and burned like crazy all weekend. 

@CharmedPam, I do hope your friend gets in touch.  I think, once you meet up, you'll be glad you all did.  And you can purposely schedule a shorter and cheaper "meeting for coffee" in the morning or afternoon.  And still have a 95% veg-out weekend.

Unfortunately, my day started out like s**t.  Especially when I'm already stressed out over other things.  I've mentioned before I have a p/t independent contracting gig taking pics of hotel event boards.  In a nutshell, I'm paid $5 per hotel/per day, and it is 4x/week.  My H and I usually share the job.  This morning, my H was confronted by the Director of Security at one of our hotels and is not allowed to return.  So, unless the company we are working for can sort it out...within the realm of possibility, but not likely...we are down YET ANOTHER hotel.  That's an $80-$100/month loss of income.

Digressing, the company I used to work for merged with the current company last July and routes were "consolidated" in March.  Which meant I already lost 7 hotels I used to have.  Now it will be a loss of 8 hotels.  We were told (on a national whole) that routes were going to be divided evenly and each rep shouldn't lose more than 3-4 hotels, if any.  BULLS**T.  The other NOLA rep* got the lion's share of hotels.  It was NOT divided evenly and this is just bringing up my resentment again.

*I keep hoping the other person wins the lottery or gets an amazing job and moves out of state.  Then I'd get the whole route, which would be super awesome and more than double that income.  But it's an easy, high paying job (for the time involved) and people rarely leave.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited July 2017

@DrillSergeantCat and @OliveOilsMom, I love your all's cute and funny baby/toddler stories!  I hope you start feeling better soon now, DSC.

@Ro041, poor foster pups, I hope he calms down.  Eeek, really awkward with your bio-dad.  You'd think a one-time meeting wouldn't equal expecting an invite.  On ants, I keep an open box of pantry-type food in my office.  Last Thursday, I put an open bag of chips (though clipped) into said box.  Whoops.  By the next morning, the whole box was covered in ants.  I was pulling out the items I could salvage.  Not really worrying about the regular black carpenter ants.  Although not as aggressive as their red cousins, did you know they also bite?  I did not.  But apparently they do and insert a bit of formic acid while they are at it.  I had six bites across my hands and fingers that puffed up and itched and burned like crazy all weekend. 

@CharmedPam, I do hope your friend gets in touch.  I think, once you meet up, you'll be glad you all did.  And you can purposely schedule a shorter and cheaper "meeting for coffee" in the morning or afternoon.  And still have a 95% veg-out weekend.

Unfortunately, my day started out like s**t.  Especially when I'm already stressed out over other things.  I've mentioned before I have a p/t independent contracting gig taking pics of hotel event boards.  In a nutshell, I'm paid $5 per hotel/per day, and it is 4x/week.  My H and I usually share the job.  This morning, my H was confronted by the Director of Security at one of our hotels and is not allowed to return.  So, unless the company we are working for can sort it out...within the realm of possibility, but not likely...we are down YET ANOTHER hotel.  That's an $80-$100/month loss of income.

Digressing, the company I used to work for merged with the current company last July and routes were "consolidated" in March.  Which meant I already lost 7 hotels I used to have.  Now it will be a loss of 8 hotels.  We were told (on a national whole) that routes were going to be divided evenly and each rep shouldn't lose more than 3-4 hotels, if any.  BULLS**T.  The other NOLA rep* got the lion's share of hotels.  It was NOT divided evenly and this is just bringing up my resentment again.

*I keep hoping the other person wins the lottery or gets an amazing job and moves out of state.  Then I'd get the whole route, which would be super awesome and more than double that income.  But it's an easy, high paying job (for the time involved) and people rarely leave.

My mom had a bad red ant problem at their old home.  She had the SAME thing happen to her and had to get cream for it from the doc!  I had no idea they were so viscous either.

I would love it if she wanted to stop by in my area for a lunch or something, but I think she wants to show her friend real Chicago. And may be inviting me out to real Chicago. Not Chicagoland. lol.  So it's an all day thing and pretty expensive once I go into the city.  She's not a big drinker though, so wouldn't be drinking all night with her.  maybe a cocktail or two.  And in my old age, I'm moving towards a cocktail or two myself. 

Sucks about your hotel gig!  What about your car?  Any eta on that?

If a suitcase in our house is open for longer than 30 seconds, Nip is in there making herself comfortable.  Less than 5 seconds if she is already in the room as the suitcase is being opened.  She'll sit there waiting for the flap to be opened and immediately hop in, lol.

Another cute pet travel story.  We had family friends with a Beagle mix.  When they would start packing for a trip, their dog would make multiple trips to put some of his bones and toys into the suitcase.  Talk about a smart dog!  And it was so funny and precious.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • S+S - If H was doing his job, why did security throw him out?  That doesn't make any sense.  Hope it can get worked out!

If a suitcase in our house is open for longer than 30 seconds, Nip is in there making herself comfortable.  Less than 5 seconds if she is already in the room as the suitcase is being opened.  She'll sit there waiting for the flap to be opened and immediately hop in, lol.

Another cute pet travel story.  We had family friends with a Beagle mix.  When they would start packing for a trip, their dog would make multiple trips to put some of his bones and toys into the suitcase.  Talk about a smart dog!  And it was so funny and precious.

When MIL and sFIL would go on a trip, their cat would hop in and refuse to move, as if to tell them they weren't allowed to go :P Similar to Nip, but this cat was cranky lol
  • Went and got a cortisone shot and prescription for allergy nose spray. Hopefully, I'll be feeling better tomorrow.
  • @Ro041 I'm in a similar boat with my dad and the wedding. Such a tough situation.

@charlotte989875 Your cat is too cute!

SSDD. The powerchain on my braces snapped last night (Yes, I'm a 27yo with braces) and it seems to be displacing the pressure on my teeth because they are THROBBING. Ducking out of work at 2 to go get it fixed. Hopefully the pressure will let up. Other than that, not much going on today. Need to do some grocery shopping because our fridge is EMPTY. Been trying not to stock up too much on food because we'll have to get rid of it all when we move in 2 weeks.

• S+S - If H was doing his job, why did security throw him out?  That doesn't make any sense.  Hope it can get worked out!

Yeah, but it's not a job directly through that hotel.  I suspect they've previously observed him coming in multiple times a week, taking pics of the board.  And wanted to know what he was up to.  But my H said the guy was really aggressive, wouldn't listen to what he was saying, and just already had his mind set to kick H out.

I had something like that happen to me at a different hotel last year.  It was also the Director of Security and I was surprised when he told me that they'd observed me in their hotel many times and he wanted to know what I was doing.  Apparently I'd even been an item point in one of their security meetings!  I explained I was just taking pics of their event board multiple times a week for a marketing company interested in the "goings on" in NOLA.

Unlike what happened to my H, that guy was totally cool with it once he talked to me and got an explanation.  I even offered to show him my id and he could take a copy of it, if he wanted.  But he said that wasn't necessary.  He was at least polite and professional from the beginning and, even friendly, by the end of our interaction.

@CharmedPam, there is some good news on my car.  It probably won't be ready this week, but should be ready early next week.  And, get this, the owner for the main mechanic's shop is going to cover my rental for the extra days!  I was very surprised, but appreciative, that he'd offered that.  Even though I don't feel there has been any "dilly dally" on my repairs...other than it being towed to another shop for a good part of the repairs...I know the guy feels bad the repairs have taken so long.  Assuming everything is fine with my car when I get it back, I plan to leave him the best Yelp review ever, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Blegh .... I picked up some Chef Boyardee lasagna {rarity but it's small for lunch} and it just tastes super metallic :(
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    Omg @MissKittyDanger - I ate my lunch and thought the exact same thing about mine!!  Maybe it's something in the air.  Bleh....

• Ro041 said:
    Omg @MissKittyDanger - I ate my lunch and thought the exact same thing about mine!!  Maybe it's something in the air.  Bleh....
    What did you have? I'm so pissed though .... it ruined the taste
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    Mine was meatballs with zoodles from a local place that makes healthy lunches to go.  That thing cost me $9.50!

• Ro041 said:
    Mine was meatballs with zoodles from a local place that makes healthy lunches to go.  That thing cost me $9.50!
    Damn! That price I'd be going back!
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    I was hungry and ate the whole thing like a weirdo.  I kept thinking, "this tastes bad."  Then another bite.   "Yup.  Definitely bad."  This continued until it was gone.  :( 

• @Ro041  Not gonna lie, I giggled. I had a few bites of mine, thinking I was crazy. Even put in different container thinking it'd help! Nope. Damn you microwavable can .... you lied to me!
    I still had chocolate milk and a lemon tart, so luckily didn't starve :D
  • Hi, I'm busy at work today and relatively boring in life.

@soontobemrs-2 tomorrow morning I have a periodontist appointment which will determine if I will become a 37 year old with braces if that makes you feel any better.
  • We have ants too right now. I'm at work. My dad just called me complaining of heat exhaustion symptoms. Hopefully he improves with electrolytes and rest.