Wedding Woes

Thursday!

Hey there, hi there.  ;)

How's it going?  I'm so ready for the weekend. 

Finally starting to make headway on Christmas.  SSDD otherwise.

I have a one on one with my boss in a few and then Prudie will be on the way.  

Re: Thursday!

• MKD your insta announcement is so cute!!

Got my cortisone injection and a splint yesterday afternoon. Am residually sore at the injection site, but I'm looking forward to seeing real results soon! Hopefully once the pain goes away in a week or two I'll get my range of motion and strength back.

Getting a deadline out the door today and then herding cats so I can start on another. Looking forward to the weekend.

Oh! And tonight is my night out with the neighborhood moms! I'm excited - it's only my second me time (not counting work) in 4 months!!!
  • Really looking forward to Prudie!  I need some distraction.

I've been in a foul mood since yesterday :(.  On Tues., we got home from dinner and realized that my H had lost his cell phone.  Which also had that day's p/t work of event board pics...worth $75.  We called the restaurant and they said they had it.  We thought, "Phew."

But not so fast.  My H went there yesterday to pick up his phone.  The one they had wasn't his.  He looked around the parking lot for it.  He went to our other stop on that day and looked around for it.  But no dice.  He went back home to stop service on that phone and found there was a "where's my phone" option.  It's at a private residence a couple blocks from our other stop that night.  He pushed a message out to that phone and also called it, but not luck.  He's going to go over to that house today and knock on the door.  And, if no one is home, put a note with a promise of a reward.

However, I'm not holding my breath.

It's really been upsetting me, probably more than it should.  But he is just so careless with things!!!!  And I'm so tired of it costing me unnecessary money.

Not to mention, we just spent $1,000 we weren't planning to when our tenant's fridge went out and then his computer went out two days later.  And now I'll probably be spending ANOTHER stupid $200 for a new phone for him...plus a loss of $75 in income.

In fact, speaking of that phone.  We just bought it in August.  And he dropped it the very next effing day and cracked the screen, smh.  That's the kind of s**t I'm talking about.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MissKittyDanger that's adorable!

I am still frustrated trying to get answers to a customer and I'm planning to be off Friday and Monday because Chiquita turns 7! 

• @sparklepants41 thanks :)  M is a gamer, and we had seen a "player 3 has entered the game" onsie so we're also gonna recreate the photo later ;)
    The blooper photos are hilarious - M's stepdad took the photo, and told us to talk or make faces .... so I did. And half of the photos are him giving me a weird look while I'm making a goofy face. Story of my life :')

Enjoy your night out!! What are you ladies doing? :)
  • @banana468 Happy early bday to Chiquita! :) Damn customer better be happy with your work, it's your baby's bday! You deserve to be off lol
  • Today is martyrs day and the 2nd is National day so DH has a 4 day weekend, of course with the move on the horizon, we have no money to go anywhere. It’s all good though, it is our friends birthday weekend so we get to celebrate with him. 

We we are getting to the time when all the expats go “home” for Christmas/ holiday visits. My bff here is leaving for 7 weeks on the 13th. It will be quiet around here without everyone.
  • Work called me to work this morning, but I didn’t answer to see if they would call back with the crisis pay bonus. They didn’t, so I got to sleep in a little. I had a terrible dream that SO broke up with me. It felt so real I had to think about it for a few minutes when I woke up I was so disoriented. 

Im supposed to have lunch with a friend today, but she hasn’t reached out, and I’m honestly super tempted not to reach out either. A relaxing day home doing laundry and studying is definitely what I need. But I probably should try to text her. I do miss her, I just also miss home. Lol. 

Im excited for the weekend. I’m surprising SO with a “staycation” downtown. I’m trying to decide if I should book the fancy dinner or if we should just wing it that day and chance they might be too busy for reservations. 

@MissKittyDanger so cute!

@short+sassy are you going to get the police involved at all?

• Today is martyrs day and the 2nd is National day so DH has a 4 day weekend, of course with the move on the horizon, we have no money to go anywhere. It’s all good though, it is our friends birthday weekend so we get to celebrate with him. 

We we are getting to the time when all the expats go “home” for Christmas/ holiday visits. My bff here is leaving for 7 weeks on the 13th. It will be quiet around here without everyone.

I feel like a martyr.  I should get today off also, lol.

Sorry to hear a lot of your ex-pat friends are leaving for the holidays.  Hopefully next year, you all can do the same. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @missJeanLouise what's martyrs day?

@levioosa thanks :) also I hate dreams when your spouse is a jerk, and you wake up and you're just mad at them for no real reason lmao
  • S+S - Can you go to the police and show them where the phone is?  I've heard that happening and police go with to get the phone.  But then again, NOLA police... 

I'm all mixed up with days since working from home Monday & Tuesday.  I forgot it was Thursday.

H had to get up at 5 for work today, he is being a bus driving sub for a co-worker.  We are hoping he will get paid with money for these extra hours instead of comp time!  But that means I have to take DD to daycare, then double back to work.  H can still pick her up though.

Last night I got yoga in at work.  I must have redistributed some of my congestion doing the various poses because I ended up with some bad pain above my one eye.  It was actually a bit visibly swollen.  We had dinner, then back to my office to pick up our extra car. 

I tried a co-worker's home remedy for sinus blockage last night and it sorta worked.  I'm not as congested, but my ear still feels cloudy.  At least the pain above my eye is gone.  Anyway, I rubbed ben gay on my neck and side of face with the sinus congestion.  Then I laid down on that side and put a heating pad on the non-congested side.  It was weird, but whatever! I feel each day I get a little bit better, but I can't wait until this cloudiness is gone.  All I hear is my own echo when I talk and its no bueno.

Yay Prudie day!

• levioosa said:
    Work called me to work this morning, but I didn’t answer to see if they would call back with the crisis pay bonus. They didn’t, so I got to sleep in a little. I had a terrible dream that SO broke up with me. It felt so real I had to think about it for a few minutes when I woke up I was so disoriented. 

Im supposed to have lunch with a friend today, but she hasn’t reached out, and I’m honestly super tempted not to reach out either. A relaxing day home doing laundry and studying is definitely what I need. But I probably should try to text her. I do miss her, I just also miss home. Lol. 

Im excited for the weekend. I’m surprising SO with a “staycation” downtown. I’m trying to decide if I should book the fancy dinner or if we should just wing it that day and chance they might be too busy for reservations. 

@MissKittyDanger so cute!

@short+sassy are you going to get the police involved at all?

I'm notorious for having super real-feeling dreams.  They are so disconcerting, even after I realize it was just a dream.

My H and I are debating on calling the police.  The people didn't steal the phone.  They found it on the ground.  He's going out this morning to hopefully give as much time as possible to get this settled, before taking that step.  I told him we should call the police later this evening or tomorrow, if we haven't heard from them.  He really pooh-poohed me and said the police wouldn't bother with something like that.  My slightly sarcastic response (with an internal side-eye) was, "So we shouldn't even try?  Let's at least call and if they won't do anything, they won't do anything.  But there is no harm in asking for help."

To be fair, he is probably right.  The NOPD is notorious for only bothering with emergency calls.  And even emergency calls are a maybe, smh.  They are understaffed and underpaid.  Perhaps they truly only have time for emergency calls.  But, in my limited experience, NOPD officers area also apathetic and do the bare minimum.  So I'm not so sure that understaffing is actually the whole problem.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @missJeanLouise what's martyrs day?

@levioosa thanks :) also I hate dreams when your spouse is a jerk, and you wake up and you're just mad at them for no real reason lmao
    Idk. I imagine something like all saints day or something. It is also someone’s birthday?? Honestly, I didn’t know it was a holiday until like 2 days ago. National day is like the 4th of July with fireworks, air shows, street parties, sales, etc. The country turns 46 this year. :)
  • S+S - Can you go to the police and show them where the phone is?  I've heard that happening and police go with to get the phone.  But then again, NOLA police... 

Yay Prudie day!

I am cracking up that you called it, before I posted about the NOPD.  And you don't even live near here (sigh), lol.

I hope you continue feeling better each day!  What a drag, but hopefully you'll shake it off soon.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those with kids, what's the likelihood of us getting a good family photo at least once a year?
    More simple the better?

Looking at ideas ahead of time since we're thinking of starting this year since I'm expecting.
  • Those with kids, what's the likelihood of us getting a good family photo at least once a year?
    More simple the better?

Looking at ideas ahead of time since we're thinking of starting this year since I'm expecting.

No kids myself.  But, growing up, we did a family photo either every year or almost every year until the youngest was about 5 or 6.  After that, we did a family photo every few years.

They were simple.  In the living room, but with a professional photographer.  We wore nice clothes, but nothing fancy.  We never did anything matchy.  Not even with colors.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    More simple the better?

No kids myself.  But, growing up, we did a family photo either every year or almost every year until the youngest was about 5 or 6.  After that, we did a family photo every few years.

They were simple.  In the living room, but with a professional photographer.  We wore nice clothes, but nothing fancy.  We never did anything matchy.  Not even with colors.

I doubt we'll do matchy. Maybe complimenting colours. M's stepdad is an amazing photographer, so we'd probably get him to do it {he takes 80 thousand photos at get togethers anyways ;)}
  • @MissKittyDanger we are going out for apps and drinks!!

• @MissKittyDanger we are going out for apps and drinks!!

Still exciting! :) enjoy a well deserved night out
  • There were donuts in our break room today and...y'all...there was a samoa donut. Like a delicious donut with caramel glaze with coconut and chocolate drizzle. 

I think this is what heaven must be like.
    I have never heard of a samoa donut!  Sounds delicious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning.

Today DH started a 3 day juice cleanse.    Lord help me.  He goes back to work today (he is off M-W) and can't leave soon enough.    I want to cook some bacon, but feel like it's mean since he can't have any.   I mean, sure he is a chef and will have to deal with food at work. It's just I would rather his staff having deal with his grumpiness, not me.   Ha.  I'm so mean.

Sadly my life is pretty boring these days.   Other than hiking I'm not doing much of anything.  

I start work next week.  I think, right now there is very little snow.  Not enough to open the lifts to our restaurant (which is the only way to get there).    But you know, there is no climate change ::rolls eyes::

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    Good morning.

Today DH started a 3 day juice cleanse.    Lord help me.  He goes back to work today (he is off M-W) and can't leave soon enough.    I want to cook some bacon, but feel like it's mean since he can't have any.   I mean, sure he is a chef and will have to deal with food at work. It's just I would rather his staff having deal with his grumpiness, not me.   Ha.  I'm so mean.

Sadly my life is pretty boring these days.   Other than hiking I'm not doing much of anything.  

I start work next week.  I think, right now there is very little snow.  Not enough to open the lifts to our restaurant (which is the only way to get there).    But you know, there is no climate change ::rolls eyes::

Don't get me started!

Our winter has been shockingly mild, so far.  Usually by now, we're running the heat most days.  We've run the heat in our living room a few times.  But haven't done it once in our bedroom.  I can thank an awesome and super warm down comforter for some of that.  But still.  I've had to put on a jacket in the morning to go to work...ONCE!

A part of me is thankful, lol.  But it's really unusual.  Which also makes it creepy and alarming.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lyndausvi said:
    Good morning.

Don't get me started!

Our winter has been shockingly mild, so far.  Usually by now, we're running the heat most days.  We've run the heat in our living room a few times.  But haven't done it once in our bedroom.  I can thank an awesome and super warm down comforter for some of that.  But still.  I've had to put on a jacket in the morning to go to work...ONCE!

A part of me is thankful, lol.  But it's really unusual.  Which also makes it creepy and alarming.

Monday we took the Harley to Aspen.  Late Nov  and we are still driving a motorcycle in the mountains of CO.  Crazy.

Morning are chilly (30's), but it's not horrible.   Right now (11am) it's in the 40's.  Which is sweatshirt weather and hat for me (as long as it's sunny).  Later it's to get to the mid-50's.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    More simple the better?

I think the biggest thing is to reset your expectations on what constitutes a "good" family photo. Taking pictures with a baby can be stressful - you never know if the kid is going to be in a good mood or not and sometimes there is nothing you can do to fix it. 

I'm not really sure what there is to plan ahead though, or do you just mean getting one this year and continuing the tradition in future years? If so, just do it. Maybe one year the kid(s) will be crying or mad or looking perfect, who knows and quite frankly who cares. You'll laugh at the bad one eventually. 
  • @lyndausvi your bacon comment makes me laugh. Makes me think of a friend who's wife was eating vegan so she had to do it at home too but if we went out she'd eat a big cheeseburger or other meaty dish. 
  • You don’t need ideas years ahead of time for family photos!!! That is just ridiculous. I’m sorry, it really really is. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2017
    I've had professional pics of my kids done twice in their lives.  Outside of school pics, of course.  I can just never get my shit together to contact a photog and set aside the time to just do them.  It's a 2018 goal since the kiddo's less than 2 years from graduating HS and we haven't had any done of all of us since DefConn was 2 (we did cousin pics when he was 3.5). 

So, if you can get them done once a year and everyone looks cute and at the camera...you're way ahead of me.  ;)