Wedding Woes

It's still snowing, but at least it's Friday!

2»

Re: It's still snowing, but at least it's Friday!

• Lol! Honestly I think we'd use it lots. We had a grill and originally it took us awhile to use it, but once I realize it made less noise than our oven - since it sometimes set off the fire alarm
    I need to find a good recipe for a waffle/pancake mix.  Doesn't have to be from scratch, but its' never the same or as good as when we go out.

Now, I want pancakes.

• Lol! Honestly I think we'd use it lots. We had a grill and originally it took us awhile to use it, but once I realize it made less noise than our oven - since it sometimes set off the fire alarm
    I need to find a good recipe for a waffle/pancake mix.  Doesn't have to be from scratch, but its' never the same or as good as when we go out.

Now, I want pancakes.
    This is how/why I ended up going for waffles on Monday ....

Pancakes we usually use bisquick. No fail and really good. Can also make crepes
  • @sparklepants41 good luck!  Does she roll over? If so maybe she will be happy to flip over onto her belly to sleep in the crib. You could also try putting a towel or two under the crib mattress to give it a little incline.  I hope she surprises you and transitions well. 
  • Sparkle - The introduction of food is a fun one!  Make sure you have the camera nearby!

Also, has babysparkle ever slept on her belly?  DD has always preferred to sleep on her belly.  At 3 weeks, H found her rolled over on her belly while she was swaddled!  OMG!  Heart attack! And sometimes she just would not settle down until she could make her way onto her belly - which she somehow did very often at any early age!  After a while, I just accepted I had a belly sleeper.  I probably would have been much more uncertain and panic-y if my niece hadn't been a belly sleeper.  My SIL just could not get her to sleep unless she was on her belly.   Obviously back is best, as they say, but sometimes you just have to do what is best for you and baby.

By 4 months DD could roll onto her belly and back pretty easily.  Even at her appointment, when the pedi tried to get her to roll and she did it so quickly - the doctor was surprised!  Now, when she is put down and is tired, she immediately rolls onto her belly and curls her legs up.

We transitioned DD over to her crib around 3 months.  We wanted to do it before I returned to work.  The first night was nerve wracking, but overtime that feeling went away.  Good luck!

• kvruns said:
    @sparklepants41 good luck!  Does she roll over? If so maybe she will be happy to flip over onto her belly to sleep in the crib. You could also try putting a towel or two under the crib mattress to give it a little incline.  I hope she surprises you and transitions well. 
    She can go from her back to her side, and then with help from her side to her belly. She doesn't have the core strength just yet to do it completely on her own. She needs a Baby Abs of Steel workout lol.

Sparkle - The introduction of food is a fun one!  Make sure you have the camera nearby!

Also, has babysparkle ever slept on her belly?  DD has always preferred to sleep on her belly.  At 3 weeks, H found her rolled over on her belly while she was swaddled!  OMG!  Heart attack! And sometimes she just would not settle down until she could make her way onto her belly - which she somehow did very often at any early age!  After a while, I just accepted I had a belly sleeper.  I probably would have been much more uncertain and panic-y if my niece hadn't been a belly sleeper.  My SIL just could not get her to sleep unless she was on her belly.   Obviously back is best, as they say, but sometimes you just have to do what is best for you and baby.

By 4 months DD could roll onto her belly and back pretty easily.  Even at her appointment, when the pedi tried to get her to roll and she did it so quickly - the doctor was surprised!  Now, when she is put down and is tired, she immediately rolls onto her belly and curls her legs up.

We transitioned DD over to her crib around 3 months.  We wanted to do it before I returned to work.  The first night was nerve wracking, but overtime that feeling went away.  Good luck!

I think she would love sleeping on her belly. She sleeps that way if she is sleeping on someone who is snuggling with her. I will definitely try propping the mattress up so it is at an incline - thank you for the tip!!
  • For waffles and pancakes I buy this one:
    https://mybrands.com/Brands/Krusteaz/Krusteaz-Pancake-Mix-Buttermilk-2-lb
    and add a little vanilla to the batter.

This weekend should be low key.  I'm off at 2:30 PM today so that's a bonus.  We have no definite plans but I'd like to finish decorating for Christmas, wrap some gifts and cook/make something for lunches next week.  I also need to make puff corn caramel corn for our office party.
  • @sparklepants41, is babypants in daycare?   They were the best at helping kiddo transition to sleeping flat.   That said, Chiquito took until he was 8-9 mo to be a flat back sleeper.   He loved the damn Rock N Play and co sleeping.   I could put him down in the crib at 6 months, he'd cry in the middle of the night, scream to go back in his crib but PTFO in 1.1 seconds in my bed.  

Also kids are master manipulators. 
  • banana468 said:
    @sparklepants41, is babypants in daycare?   They were the best at helping kiddo transition to sleeping flat.   That said, Chiquito took until he was 8-9 mo to be a flat back sleeper.   He loved the damn Rock N Play and co sleeping.   I could put him down in the crib at 6 months, he'd cry in the middle of the night, scream to go back in his crib but PTFO in 1.1 seconds in my bed.  

Also kids are master manipulators. 
    She is totally a different person at school than she is at home lol. She naps like a dream at school - took a 3.5-hour nap there this morning, but has seemingly lost the ability to nap at home on the weekends - an occurrence which coincided with her starting daycare. 

That being said, her ability to nap flat on her back there gives me some hope for sleeping in her crib at home. We just have to get there and I don't know how bumpy that road will be. She has been asleep for 16 minutes this far. Fingers crossed!!
  • @short+sassy and @sparklepants41, Houston gets cold temperatures and occasionally frost, and when that happens, everyone starts talking about closing the schools and offices and staying home. Snowfall is very rare here.
  • Jen4948 said:
    @short+sassy and @sparklepants41, Houston gets cold temperatures and occasionally frost, and when that happens, everyone starts talking about closing the schools and offices and staying home. Snowfall is very rare here.
    I think last year we had one hard freeze?  I keep seeing news reporting that the last "real" snowfall was in 2009, but I just remember some flurries.  The last time I remember real snow was in 1989.  My grandma had just passed, so we said it was a Christmas present from her. And I still remember the name of the bully who knocked over our snowman.  Ha.  I also remember it snowing in 1985 the day after my sister was born.

So, yeah - this was a bit historic for Houston.

(http://www.khou.com/news/local/record-snow-blankets-houston-and-texas/497922280)
  • edited December 2017
    Etiquette and wedding party. Real or MUD? I want to respond but I am convinced MUD so I can’t take it seriously, lol.

eta: I commented. I didn’t want these gems to disappear while everyone is sleeping.
  • edited December 2017
    Etiquette and wedding party. Real or MUD? I want to respond but I am convinced MUD so I can’t take it seriously, lol.

eta: I commented. I didn’t want these gems to disappear while everyone is sleeping.
    Thanks for the heads up!! 

ETA: My guess is MUD. The posts are suspiciously at around the same time...
  • Right!? Within an hour of each other but still too funny.
  • Etiquette and wedding party. Real or MUD? I want to respond but I am convinced MUD so I can’t take it seriously, lol.

I was thinking the same thing? I commented too. Too much of a coincidence.
  • Lol, way to stir the pot @ILoveBeachMusic! What if they didn’t know the other had posted!? I hope they come back to argue, I am packing and looking for any excuse not to. ;)
  • I really hope it’s not MUD and these are sisters who now see what each other is writing about them on the internet. 
  • It’s snowing! I feel like I’m joining a party. 
  • It’s snowing! I feel like I’m joining a party. 
    Finally snowing here too! Go figure, Massachusetts is getting snow after Houston lol
  • Etiquette and wedding party. Real or MUD? I want to respond but I am convinced MUD so I can’t take it seriously, lol.

Haha I rarely check the other boards anymore. This could get good. 
  • I'm waiting for the second sister to create an account and ask for advice. 
  • They have each actually been TK members for years...2014 and 2016!