Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Can't decide on bridesmaids dresses

13»

Re: Can't decide on bridesmaids dresses

• Options
    edited May 2018

If you're honestly seeing shopping for a dress as a favor to you as the same thing as a personal hobby, we cannot help you.

ETA: And I certainly hope you do as much for these people as you expect them to do for you.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    They. Don't. Want. To. Go. Shopping. With. You.

That ship sailed when you told them to pick something within your parameters, they did, and you decided you didn't like it. At this point, if I was one of your BMs, I would tell you to just f*cking pick something already and I'll just wear that. It could have been a fun thing to do together if you were clear about your expectations up front, but you weren't, so here we are. Put your friendships above a dress they will wear for one day and let them wear the one they have now. I think you've said you want a laid back, chill wedding, so take your own advice and let this one go.
    All of this. 

As I pointed out in a previous comment, there is NOTHING WRONG with wanting to go shopping with your bridesmaids. However, if that's what you wanted, you should have tried to make that work in the beginning. You can't just do it this way, decide that doesn't work, do it another way, repeat without annoying people. You should have decided on a process and stuck with it at the beginning, not change tacks in the middle after they've already purchased a dress.