DIY Wedding Forum

quick question about filing marriage license

we are filing the marriage license ourselves with our local country clerk where we obtained it. (i know the officiants usually do it. well our officiant lives too far away so we are fine to take it back to our county clerk ourselves)

is there a time restraint for when to file it??

we will sign it may 24th but the soonest we can take it back to file it is like May 29

is that okay? im so sorry this is a stupid question. I just can't find a single answer online.. 

i know that it expires 90 days after we got it.

Re: quick question about filing marriage license

• call or stop by your county clerk's office if you can't find info online.
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    we are filing the marriage license ourselves with our local country clerk where we obtained it. (i know the officiants usually do it. well our officiant lives too far away so we are fine to take it back to our county clerk ourselves)

is there a time restraint for when to file it??

we will sign it may 24th but the soonest we can take it back to file it is like May 29

is that okay? im so sorry this is a stupid question. I just can't find a single answer online.. 

i know that it expires 90 days after we got it.
    Yeah, it's really dependent on where you live.   I can't see why 5 days would be an issue but you never know. We had to have our officiant mail ours back (is that an option?) within 30 days of our ceremony. 
  • within 30 days makes sense, thanks for replying to my post. we can confirm with the clerks office or ask my relative about it, i just didnt want to ask such a stupid question, heh !
  • within 30 days makes sense, thanks for replying to my post. we can confirm with the clerks office or ask my relative about it, i just didnt want to ask such a stupid question, heh !
    I promise you, as someone who deals regularly with clerks, this is nowhere near a stupid question. They will be happy to go over it with you, if the information isn't online already. And if they're a littler terse or short, it's not you or your questions :P