Chit Chat

Wedding Card Preservation

NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments Name Dropper
edited May 2018 in Chit Chat
We got soooo many beautiful wedding cards and I hate to throw them away.

I am admittedly a bit of a packrat, but DH is captain throw everything away :D

Did any of you ladies do anything special with the cards you received? 

Re: Wedding Card Preservation

• WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl The Cold North member
    Knottie Warrior 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    We got soooo many beautiful wedding cards and I hate to throw them away.

I am admittedly a bit of a packrat, but DH is captain throw everything away :D

Did any of you ladies do anything special with the cards you received? 
    Yup.  I didn't throw them out.  :P  Seriously, they're in a box in the basement.  Have you thought about slicing the front off the back and putting them in an album, with both the front and inside on the same page?

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing Alaska member
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    I've heard of people hole punching them and connecting them with binder rings. 

I threw away all the ones that were just signed and didn't have any sentiment written in besides what was already printed on the card. I kept the rest and they just sit in a box. They have made two moves with us and coming up on a third, and I kind of want to throw them out, but I probably won't. 

• climbingsingleclimbingsingle NYC 'burbs member
    10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    I saved them all. I have them in a small shopping bag in the office. 

• I'm pretty sure I threw mine out, but I did keep them for a year or two.

But then, my wedding dress is in the same cardboard box my mom shipped it back to me in (I got married OOT).  So I wasn't the most sentimental person about my wedding stuff, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Same as most PP's.  I threw out the ones ppl didn't write in and planned to scrapbook or at least bind the others somehow.  We'll be married 4 years in July and moved 5 times since we got married....they're still in a box. 
  • Mine are still in our card box...  But arguably they aren't in the way and our card box was meant to be turned essentially into an end-table.    

Best idea may be to get one of the smaller size binders and put them in page protectors that you can pull them out and look at in the future.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine are all in a manila envelope x 1.5 years and likely will stay that way for a while. I'm thinking about photographing them and then tossing but I'm not there yet.