New York-Long Island

Videographer woes...HELP!!!

Almost a year ago, my fiance' and I booked our photographer...they were running a photo/video special and it seemed to be a good price but now Im not too sure.  I fell in loveee with this new videographer and wish to cancel our one we booked with the photographer.  It is a 500 dollar cancellation fee but in my opinion it will be worth it but my fiance' disagrees.  I know that if we stay with this company andI hate the dvd of the wedding Im not going to be happy and they will get a piece of my mind.  The new videographer is on the more expensive side but I am more than willing to cut corner to have him at our wedding.  My fiance' disagrees...LADIES HELP...we all wish for the perfect wedding day so  opinions would be greatly appeciated!!

Re: Videographer woes...HELP!!!

• Are you really certain the current videographer isn't good enough for you now? Also, by cancelling the videography, you will probably lose whatever promotional pricing you got on the photography, so your photo bill may increase in addition to the cancellation fee. What is it about the new videographer that you love so much? If its a style thing, you should check with your original videographer to see if they can also provide you with that particular style of videography. That might be a good compromise between what you want and what your FI wants. If it's a quality issue, talk to your current company. They may have multiple videographers on staff, in which case you could ask to review each person's work and contract to have the one you like the best, specifically, to work your wedding. If it's a personality thing, honestly, I just got married, and I barely even remember my videographer's personality, I just know he was where he needed to be when we needed him to be there. They really don't need to be your bestie to do a good job. I wouldn't waste thousands of extra dollars just because I liked a videographer's personality a little bit better.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Tell your fiance that if the video is horrible you're not going to give the videographer a piece of your mind, you're going to give your hubby a piece of your mind for not giving up the cancellation fee and going with the videographer you love. Maybe then he'll see the value and wisdom of your new choice???
  • In Response to Re:Videographer woes...HELP!!!:[QUOTE]Tell your fiance that if the video is horrible you're not going to give the videographer a piece of your mind, you're going to give your hubby a piece of your mind for not giving up the cancellation fee and going with the videographer you love. Maybe then he'll see the value and wisdom of your new choice??? Posted by JoAnne1027[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight. Your advice here is for her to threaten and emotionally blackmail her FI into getting her way? SMDH.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Another option (may be a little pricey in the end) is to ask your current videographer if they will give you all of the raw footage after the event. If they are willing to edit you a video AND give you all of the raw footage, oncce you view the video and you aren't happy (but they may be better than you thought and the video comes out great!) then take the footage and look for a freelance video editor. They will reedit everything and make it in the style that you prefer. Just make sure to look for a creative editor instead of a run of the mill editor. 
  • Another option (may be a little pricey in the end) is to ask your current videographer if they will give you all of the raw footage after the event. If they are willing to edit you a video AND give you all of the raw footage, oncce you view the video and you aren't happy (but they may be better than you thought and the video comes out great!) then take the footage and look for a freelance video editor. They will reedit everything and make it in the style that you prefer. Just make sure to look for a creative editor instead of a run of the mill editor. 
  • How do you know you will be happy with the new videographer? I think the best thing to do when it comes to these things is to go by recommendations from other people who have used them. Have you heard feedback from either one?

I would just hate for you to spend the $$ on the new videographer and then not be happy with his work.

This is why, FYI, it's better to wait to book things than book them super early. We're getting married in June and all we have is the place and the date. I'm going to use all the vendors my sister and friends used b/c I have seen their work.

Just b/c you found a new videographer doesn't mean the first one will be bad. IMO not worth the cancellation fee and taking a chance on a new one unless you're absolutely 100% sure you will like their work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards