Wedding Woes

Kicking off another week

How was the weekend? How's the week look?

The weekend was full of soccer, rain, cold, and that's about it. M2 and Max are done, but 6let's schedule will make up for it.  Tonight team practice, Tues/Thur futsal, Fri keeper training, Sat 2 games, Sun 1 or 2 games. Then the next two weeks he has futsal from 6-7 and team practice 7:15-8:30.  Team practice is moving to the stadium under the lights so he's stoked about that.

It's supposed to rain for Trick or Treat Wednesday and people are starting to make noise to move it to Tuesday when it's supposed to be nice.  Yes it will suck but COME ON! If you want free candy walk in the rain.  If you don't turn off your lights and eat the stuff you bought to hand out.  I'm "that house" handing out pretzels though.  My kids always eat that stuff first.

I think that's it for the week.  I need to do a bunch of food prep.  Today is granola bars, dinner for tonight and one for the freezer.  Tomorrow veggie soup and dinners for the freezer.

Re: Kicking off another week

• OK Sox fans.   It's 100 years since 1918 and you've now won 15 World Series Championships since 2004.   I hope this is the end of all the talk of the damn curse and the Yankees buying all their victories.

Weekend was quiet but nice.   Made homemade pasta w/ Chiquita on Saturday which was surprisingly easy and delicious.   Sunday I made soup and now I'm trying like hell to fight a cold. 
  • Quiet weekend. H was down at the his land so I had the house to myself. Saturday I had a football game; one guy on our team was being a huge ass, which put a damper on things. I’m coming down with a cold so I skipped dinner with my family last night and was in bed by 7:30. It was absolutely the right choice. 

I’m annoyed at my sister so I need to vent. She hasn’t come out to the house yet. To be fair her H did help us move. I’ve invited her a bunch of times and on Thursday we planned for her to bring my niece out for the morning. Hang out and then she would  head home before nap time. I don’t hear from her until Saturday night and that was “oh we went to the towns Halloween thing Saturday morning and Neice got a cold so it sucked anyway”. So, no texts saying she wasn’t coming, no apologies that she didn’t say anything. Just “oh we did something else instead”. I’m annoyed because 1) we always go to her place and I’m happy to do so because I know it’s super effing hard to traipse a 1.5 year old around, but seriously you can’t come over once? And 2) way to not call or text and then just act like it’s no big deal. I get that things are always up in the air with kids but that’s not an excuse to not let me know you’re not coming. 

Rant over. 
  • Go Red Sox!! Though if I'm being honest I haven't followed baseball much the last 5 years or so but hey I still have my gear. 

Weekend was good, did lots of Halloween type stuff although 2 events were a bust (one at Target they didn't even have going on as advertised) but overall good and baby B got lots of use out of his costume which is most important to me haha. 

• Quiet weekend. H was down at the his land so I had the house to myself. Saturday I had a football game; one guy on our team was being a huge ass, which put a damper on things. I’m coming down with a cold so I skipped dinner with my family last night and was in bed by 7:30. It was absolutely the right choice. 

I’m annoyed at my sister so I need to vent. She hasn’t come out to the house yet. To be fair her H did help us move. I’ve invited her a bunch of times and on Thursday we planned for her to bring my niece out for the morning. Hang out and then she would  head home before nap time. I don’t hear from her until Saturday night and that was “oh we went to the towns Halloween thing Saturday morning and Neice got a cold so it sucked anyway”. So, no texts saying she wasn’t coming, no apologies that she didn’t say anything. Just “oh we did something else instead”. I’m annoyed because 1) we always go to her place and I’m happy to do so because I know it’s super effing hard to traipse a 1.5 year old around, but seriously you can’t come over once? And 2) way to not call or text and then just act like it’s no big deal. I get that things are always up in the air with kids but that’s not an excuse to not let me know you’re not coming. 

Rant over. 
    If you cool down can you say, "I get that other things can come up but I sat around waiting for you and it hurt that you didn't tell me that you weren't coming until hours after you were supposed to be there." 

I'm a parent too but that's something I'd address as delicately as I could. 
  • My weekend was exhausting.  I was running around like a crazy person doing mystery shop after mystery shop after mystery shop.  I got over 60 done, but we are still 50 shy in the "food" category as of this morning.  There is only one other shopper on this project with me.

Today is supposed to be the last day.  I e-mailed back my scheduler and told her I'm working a normal, full day at my job today.  And there is no way I can do more than 10-15, when I get off work.  She thanked me and reassured me that I've been "rocking" this project and appreciates whatever I can get done today.  But I feel a little bad that we probably won't be making the goal of totally finishing today, because I doubt the other person can do 35-40 in only one day!  I suspect (hope) the scheduler has some fudge factor and it can be extended another day.

The money will be amazing but, phew, it has been a really grueling 2.5 weeks!

On the other big subject in my life, the reno is still going well.  Most of the new flooring has been laid down in the living room and I can't even believe how great it looks!  I'll need to get some pics for you all.

I'm sorry I'm a broken record complaining about the previous tenant, lol.  But that woman and her family were just DISGUSTING!!!  Apparently they cooked with a lot of grease, all the time.  A LOT.  But never/rarely wiped cabinet surfaces down.  The kitchen cabinets should have had another 5 years of life left.  They were coated in years of grease residue and couldn't be salvaged.  Once they were ripped off the walls, the stench of rotten oil permeated that area for awhile.

The oven, which was only about two years old!, might not be salvageable either.  Grease has clogged some of the heating elements and surfaces, to the point they may be rusted away.  We're going to do some soaking/cleaning and are hoping for good news.  I would be super, super pissed to replace a fairly new stove.  The fridge was left really dirty also.  They probably never cleaned that either.  We hired someone to clean/scrub it out and it took that person a few hours of hard labor! 

TBH, I'm hardly the most fastidious housekeeper in my own home.  But it is shocking and appalling the way some people live, smh.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2018
    Mom's homecoming on Friday was rough because the hospital dicked around and stressed her out.  I was really worried about her, but I went back to check on her Saturday and she was *much* better.  My aunt is in town to help her and my dad out this week.  

Saturday DH and the kids went to FIL's to help FIL with some stuff.  I went shopping, to check on mom, and then it was a chill night.  Yesterday, we were up early and got some running around done.  After that we did stuff around the house and then watched the Colts game (w00t!).  

We started Bodyguard on Netflix this weekend.  It's a very intense show.  I'm not sure if I like it, but it's compelling enough to keep watching. 

There's holiday fuckery afoot from my IL's.   I lost my shit about it yesterday.  I don't want to even get into all of it, but I will say that being the kids 'in town' vs. his siblings living OOT puts us in a suck-ass position sometimes...or, a lot. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2018
    I was busy watching Hocus pocus and halloween wars and didn't even know about the game.  But I found out they won when I checked my email and got one from the bradford exchange saying:celebrate the redsox with.....and then I forgot the rest since it went into the trash right away.
    Rock on @shessocold! Your a beast with those MS
    @charlotte989875, that is annoying - not being able to text at least! I like banana's response though. 

Weekend was good.  Went to a halloween party on Saturday.  H was supposed to work at 12:30 that night, so he was going to drive us all and spend 1 hour there.  I even bought him a costume for said 1 hour. Then I got a text "they moved it to 9:00" so he couldn't even drive anymore!  Thhhhhhen we found out they called him yet again and bumped it back to 12:30! But he was 1 hour out and to late at that point.

I was super hungover on Sunday (partied real hard Saturday and I don't do that anymore).  I drank a lot and didn't eat because my costume had fangs and I didn't want to lose that cool vampire effect :)  The fact that I cooked, did laundry, the dishes AND the bathroom the next day was a miracle to me.  
    edit: words

• also, lunch is coming up, and I don't want to eat what I brought.  But we're probably going to order lunch the next few days at work because of meetings and in house guests, so I really really should.  Boring old chicken and a salad.  Tradesies anyone?

• also, lunch is coming up, and I don't want to eat what I brought.  But we're probably going to order lunch the next few days at work because of meetings and in house guests, so I really really should.  Boring old chicken and a salad.  Tradesies anyone?

My fridge is stuffed to the gills right now with fast food and take-out from all the MS I did over the weekend.  I could trade you for just about anything you're in the mood for, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My fridge is stuffed to the gills right now with fast food and take-out from all the MS I did over the weekend.  I could trade you for just about anything you're in the mood for, lol.
    ironically enough, chicken and veggies ARE usually what I eat when going out.  But I hate homemade stuff.  I like when someone else cooks it....so you got chicken, cooked by a real chef? 

ironically enough, chicken and veggies ARE usually what I eat when going out.  But I hate homemade stuff.  I like when someone else cooks it....so you got chicken, cooked by a real chef? 

"Chef" might be pushing it, lol.  But I do have chicken from TWO places I love in my fridge.  One of them is fast food (local place), it is baked chicken with Peruvian-style spices and seasoning.  Huge flavor.  The other one is a small, local restaurant chain called Zea's.  They cook all kinds of meat "rotisserie style".  They also have a lot of flavor on their chicken, much more so than the typical "grocery store" rotisserie chicken.

All of it is "bone-in", though.  For boneless chicken breasts dishes, I'm the opposite.  I like what I make at home much more than what most restaurants can do, so I rarely order it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte- that's really crappy and you have every right to be pissed.  Having a kid doesn't mean you get to forget to be a human.  Next time you talk tell her she hurt your feelings, that her actions were rude,  and that you would have planned your day differently if you knew she wasn't coming. I'm nut sure you need to be delicate. 

• eileenrob said:
    Preach @banana468...I don’t like when teams currently doing well hang on to the past.  Although the post season overall bored me.  For the most part it was the same ole teams.  
    What your sister did was wrong @charlotte989875.  I hate when people in general don’t apologize, just gloss over with a casual “we did this instead”. I brought/still bring my three littles around...it’s a lot but it can be done.  Ugh that tenant is still causing you headaches @short+sassy, ouch!

Weekend was great.  The kids had some nice Halloween activities, I think I was baking every moment I wasn’t at an event, and one of my cakes (a “creepy cobweb cake”) actually won 3rd place at a preschool party! I hadn’t even realized they were being judged, lol.

Aannd I posted in Hashags but my youngest sister got engaged yesterday!! Her fiancé is wonderful and they’re so in love, I’m just thrilled :) (@climbingwife they were actually hiking Lemonsqueeze at Mohonk and he proposed in one of the caves!). She’s very low key and my mother and sister (and sometimes me) can be a little over the top but the planning kickoff should be fun.  

Yeah, and I think it’s the “we decided to do something else instead” that bugs me. I really do understand it’s so much easier for me to go to her house instead. If niece was sick (or cranky, or sleepy, or getting out of the house was just too hard) I would not have cared. 

Also LOVE the cake! 
  • eileenrob said:
    Preach @banana468...I don’t like when teams currently doing well hang on to the past.  Although the post season overall bored me.  For the most part it was the same ole teams.  
    What your sister did was wrong @charlotte989875.  I hate when people in general don’t apologize, just gloss over with a casual “we did this instead”. I brought/still bring my three littles around...it’s a lot but it can be done.  Ugh that tenant is still causing you headaches @short+sassy, ouch!

Weekend was great.  The kids had some nice Halloween activities, I think I was baking every moment I wasn’t at an event, and one of my cakes (a “creepy cobweb cake”) actually won 3rd place at a preschool party! I hadn’t even realized they were being judged, lol.

Aannd I posted in Hashags but my youngest sister got engaged yesterday!! Her fiancé is wonderful and they’re so in love, I’m just thrilled :) (@climbingwife they were actually hiking Lemonsqueeze at Mohonk and he proposed in one of the caves!). She’s very low key and my mother and sister (and sometimes me) can be a little over the top but the planning kickoff should be fun.  

Yeah, and I think it’s the “we decided to do something else instead” that bugs me. I really do understand it’s so much easier for me to go to her house instead. If niece was sick (or cranky, or sleepy, or getting out of the house was just too hard) I would not have cared. 

Also LOVE the cake! 
    This would annoy me as well.  She essentially said, "Going to your house isn't as fun as something else AND I don't respect you enough to tell you that I wasn't going to show up." 

If someone even called me and said, "Hey there's a local thing here in town that I just found out about today and I think she'll love it.   Mind if we reschedule?" I can still know that I'm not as exciting as a local Halloween event.

But this had a two pronged approach.  
  • banana468 said:
    eileenrob said:

Also LOVE the cake! 
    This would annoy me as well.  She essentially said, "Going to your house isn't as fun as something else AND I don't respect you enough to tell you that I wasn't going to show up." 

If someone even called me and said, "Hey there's a local thing here in town that I just found out about today and I think she'll love it.   Mind if we reschedule?" I can still know that I'm not as exciting as a local Halloween event.

But this had a two pronged approach.  
    Exactly! 

I’ll see her later this week and will probably lightly tell her how much it bothered me. 
  • Eileen - Love the cake!

MrsConn - Glad that mom is out of the hospital and doing better, even if it was a rough start.

Charlotte - I'd be annoyed too!  My friend had her baby's christening this weekend and neither me or my other friend who is BFF with the mom, were invited.  Though we were invited to her other kids' christenings.  That hurt too.

This weekend was crazy, but we got so much done!  Friday, we painted some of the moldings and door that we had fixed up.  The doors will probably need another coat at some point.  Saturday, we started to fix our TV.  So most LED TV has these small plastic disc that diffuse light.  Well, they are held in place by crazy glue and sometimes, they fall off and cause bright spots in the TV.  Well we were up to 6, so we decided to get them fixed.  So we took our whole TV apart.  It was crazy!  H watched youtube videos on how to do it!  We did the repair and put it back together Sunday night.  The glue needs a full 24 hours to cure, so tonight may be the big reveal on if its fixed AND if we put it back together correctly!  Either we fixed it and saved us the cost of a new one, or we are buying a new one! We also installed a shelf in the mudroom that I have been wanting to put up for a few months!

Tonight, we are painting the wall behind the TV (since its off the wall), H will install some of the trim I painted, and DD and I will carve our pumpkin.  It will not be done in that order! LOL!

• we were supposed to take the pup to the town's dog trick-or-treat on Sat, but the kiddo was feeling punk, and we ended up doing nothing instead.

I finished doing my voting/ballot research.

And I finished all the stuff so I can make spider-launchers w/ her class @ their party wed.  Duct taped a gazillion dollar store Popsicle sticks to tape and TP cores.  bought rubber bands. 27 kids, so I made enough for 33, that should be sufficient 'whoops, I broke this' padding, right?

I had PT then an OB follow up this morning, because I"m a glutton for punishment.
    My OB is fighting with my insurance company, who doesn't want to cover a breast MRI.  I'm pissy that I have to deal w/ this at all--the ins. company's OWN RULES say that I qualify if I have a first tier relative had BC.  My mom is first tier.  My mom survived BC.  WTEVERLOVINGF makes this hard?
    (Also, my grandmother, 1 of my aunts, maybe 2.  ANd my progesterone for migraines adds to my risk..pay for the effing test, it's cheaper than chemo)
    Also, they wouldn't tell ME if it was covered or not, just the doc.  Not that it's my money if it's not covered or my body and my health or anything.  Bastards.

I told the kiddo I was bringing a veggie tray to her party Wed.  Her response was WHY?
    I said because the rest of the parents had already signed up for all the good stuff, and it was on the list, so SOMEONE had to sign up for it. 
  • GBCK said:
    we were supposed to take the pup to the town's dog trick-or-treat on Sat, but the kiddo was feeling punk, and we ended up doing nothing instead. 

It's a shame you all missed it.  IMHO, babies or dogs in costume are the cutest ever!

I have a Sock Monkey costume for my own pup girl.  But the one year I put it on her, she looked sad and mopey while wearing it :(.  It wasn't too tight or constricting or anything like that.  I hoped she would get used to it over a little time.  But, when she was still acting subdued and still looked unhappy about an hour later, I took it off her.  Oh well! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They changed our stupid trick or treat to tomorrow. My neighbor will miss it because he took Wednesday off. I don’t have my shit together. We planned to do makeup practices tomorrow for being off Wednesday so now two practices for m2 and 6let are effed up. 
  • Not to mention what if it ends up being super nice on Wednesday after all!  I think I remember ToT being cancelled or rescheduled once as kids due to really bad weather. But otherwise you just go for it. I think it rained here a few years ago and we barely had any ToTers so if it happens again I'm loading each kid up so we don't have tons of leftover stuff. 
  • They could easily double up
    since it’s just our neighborhood but we won’t. The gymnastic and futsal gyms are closed for Halloween  so we can’t just opt to go to practices instead. Outdoor soccer cancelled altogether so the kids could trick or treat. 

Funny but the association people don’t even have little/any kids. 

I agree the weather didn’t matter when we were kids either. 
  • Ugh that's obnoxious, 6. But now can they go to another town on Wednesday and double up?!

I'm going to sound all "get off my lawn" but they never rescheduled Halloween when we were kids! We loved the bad weather years because it meant less kids out and more generous candy-givers. 

Plus how inconvenient for probably literally everyone, with or without kids to have to move stuff around to accommodate trick-or-treating. 
    Truth. And it snowed many, many times on Halloween in Buffalo. 
  • 6fsn said:
    They could easily double up
    since it’s just our neighborhood but we won’t. The gymnastic and futsal gyms are closed for Halloween  so we can’t just opt to go to practices instead. Outdoor soccer cancelled altogether so the kids could trick or treat. 

Totally agree!

In the last few years I've seen Trick or Treating postponed only two times:
    -Post Hurricane (or Superstorm) Sandy.   Nearly 100% of the town had no power and power lines were down in the roads.   There was no school and it was a safety issue just to walk outside.

Not in my town but I think the following year there was a freak snowstorm that hit parts of CT.   When that happened it was a similar effect and it took down trees, power lines and made walking a safety issue.   

Rain?  Come on - you embrace that. 
  • banana468 said:
    6fsn said:
    They could easily double up

Totally agree!

In the last few years I've seen Trick or Treating postponed only two times:
    -Post Hurricane (or Superstorm) Sandy.   Nearly 100% of the town had no power and power lines were down in the roads.   There was no school and it was a safety issue just to walk outside.

Not in my town but I think the following year there was a freak snowstorm that hit parts of CT.   When that happened it was a similar effect and it took down trees, power lines and made walking a safety issue.   

Rain?  Come on - you embrace that. 

I was totally on the bandwagon with you all.  "Yeah!  Moving trick or treating!  What a bunch of wimps.  That was never done in my day, dangnabbit!"

But then I remembered I grew up on the So. CA coastline.  A "bad" weather Halloween was if it dropped into the low 60s and my mom made me put on a light windbreaker over my costume.  I'll just sit quietly and shut up now, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was a decent enough weekend.  K slept over at their parents house most of Saturday so I could get some cleaning and start conquering Laundry Mountain.  I had to cancel going to the shrimp boil b/c Laundry Mountain didn't get conquered, with one break for our picnic, until 11:30 pm.  

Sunday we shopped all freaking day.  We needed to find shoes and jewelry for this big party coming up on the 10th.  We got all of my jewelry and I found shoes that are fine and will work, though I don't care for them really with my dress.  Can't find shoes for K yet and since their dress is short, it does matter.

I was already upset about the synagogue shooting.  Now it's been released that one of the people killed was a doctor who spent his career supporting early patients of the AIDS crisis and the LGBTQ+ community.  Since that's one of my particular passions, it just hurt that much more.  And it just hits too hard for me that we're all really connected, so closely, for so many reasons.  And I'm hurt and angry and frustrated.
  • VarunaTT said:
    It was a decent enough weekend.  K slept over at their parents house most of Saturday so I could get some cleaning and start conquering Laundry Mountain.  I had to cancel going to the shrimp boil b/c Laundry Mountain didn't get conquered, with one break for our picnic, until 11:30 pm.  

Sunday we shopped all freaking day.  We needed to find shoes and jewelry for this big party coming up on the 10th.  We got all of my jewelry and I found shoes that are fine and will work, though I don't care for them really with my dress.  Can't find shoes for K yet and since their dress is short, it does matter.

I was already upset about the synagogue shooting.  Now it's been released that one of the people killed was a doctor who spent his career supporting early patients of the AIDS crisis and the LGBTQ+ community.  Since that's one of my particular passions, it just hurt that much more.  And it just hits too hard for me that we're all really connected, so closely, for so many reasons.  And I'm hurt and angry and frustrated.
    I’m just so, so angry.