Wedding 911
Options

Sunday Brunch

My fiance and I planning on having Sunday brunch with those who stay overnight for our wedding. My parents don't currently plan on staying over because they have pets. They do have someone watching the pets during the wedding. My mom made the comment they probably won't attend the Sunday brunch. Do you think I am wrong for feeling hurt that my own parents won't attend? My sister and grandmother and grandfather plan on attending though. 

Re: Sunday Brunch

• Options
    How long of a drive is it for your parents? 
  • Options
    How long of a drive is it for your parents? 
    About 1.5-2 hours. We picked a location in between both of our families. 
  • Options
    I don't think you are wrong for your feelings, but I don't think your parents are wrong for not coming back, either. 

Every morning after brunch I've ever attended has been super laid back and informal, very open house-y. I doubt anyone would even notice if some VIPs weren't there.

And a brunch is such a small thing compared to the big stuff that I really wouldn't give it a second thought.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I think it's OK to feel disappointed. But they're driving 4 hours round trip to attend your wedding, and would have to drive another 4 hours to attend the brunch. That's a lot of driving in one weekend. I'm guessing they're not willing or can't afford a pet sitter? 
  • Options
    I think it's OK to feel disappointed. But they're driving 4 hours round trip to attend your wedding, and would have to drive another 4 hours to attend the brunch. That's a lot of driving in one weekend. I'm guessing they're not willing or can't afford a pet sitter? 
    My parents own their own business so they have plenty of money. They just would want the person to be at their house to watch the animals and they don't trust a lot of people to be in their house alone. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ditto the others.  It’s fine to feel disappointed but also fine for your parents to skip.  
  • Options
    My parents own their own business so they have plenty of money. They just would want the person to be at their house to watch the animals and they don't trust a lot of people to be in their house alone. 
    I can understand that. I'm lucky that my best friend is our pet sitter. What kind of animals do they have??
  • Options
    I can understand that. I'm lucky that my best friend is our pet sitter. What kind of animals do they have??
    Lots. 2 cats, 2 dogs, 5 rabbits and 2 ducks. 
  • Options
    Lots. 2 cats, 2 dogs, 5 rabbits and 2 ducks. 
    Yeah that’s a lot to leave with other people or board for a longer period of time. And I get not wanting people you don’t know well in your home.

I think the best thing to do is invite them to the brunch and let them make their decisions. You can absolutely feel sad they’re not going to make it, but I also don’t think they’re doing anything wrong either. 
  • Options
    It just makes me sad because I would like my parents to attend. 
  • Options
    I know, and that’s totally reasonable!

But theyre going to be at the wedding right? That’s what’s really important.  
  • Options
    I know, and that’s totally reasonable!

But theyre going to be at the wedding right? That’s what’s really important.  
    I believe they plan on attending the rehearsal then driving home and the morning of the wedding driving back then once the wedding is over driving back home. 
  • Options
    I just want my mom to look and feel her best and I know her well enough to know that if other people are more dressed up then she won't feel that way. But she is really upset about his mom being in purple because she wants the purple dress, but won't wear it if his mom does. 
  • Options
    I can't blame you for feeling bummed.   I would be too.   Based on the other posts it sounds like maybe there are just tricky personality issues with your parents.