Wedding Woes

It's Friday!!!

I just printed our boarding passes and in less than 24 hrs (hopefully) we'll be in the air to Disney!!!!
short+sassyMissKittyDangercharlotte989875mrsconn23ILoveBeachMusicOliveOilsMombanana468VarunaTTMNNEBridekvrunsOurWildKingdomei34

Re: It's Friday!!!

• climbingsingleclimbingsingle NYC 'burbs member
    Ninth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    6fsn said:
    I just printed our boarding passes and in less than 24 hrs (hopefully) we'll be in the air to Disney!!!!
    Have so much fun! 

I'm very ready for the long weekend. This has been a crazy week. 

Tonight we're going out to dinner. Tomorrow we're going to a BBQ. Sunday I think we're taking the boat out, and then celebrating my friend's birthday. And Monday, recover. Can't wait! 
    short+sassyOliveOilsMomOurWildKingdomei34
  • YAY! Have the best time!  I can't wait to see your pics.  I hope the kids have a blast.  :) 

DH and I were going over the next week or so because there's a lot coming up.  We found out this morning his step-great uncle's funeral events are Tue/Weds.  Which helps because we don't have to alter our weekend plans.  However I have to work Tuesday and next week is DefConn's last week of school, plus we may have a thing for the kiddo on Weds.  We will at the very least go to the wake on Tuesday and if there's time, DH will go to the funeral Weds.  AND family from OOT may be here for the funeral, therefore we may have a dinner or two to go to.   DH will get the scoop from FIL, I'm sure.

Plus, DH's next audit starts a week from Monday...I think.  

I work tomorrow, DH will go help his dad with the major stuff that needs to be done to his house to get it ready to sell (BIL is coming in from Cincy to help), and then we're going to dinner at my sister's.  Sunday, we are tackling as much as we can around the house.  Monday, I have a 'planning' meeting with my sisters for my mom's bday and DH will do more stuff around the house. 
    OliveOilsMomOurWildKingdom
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    Hugs @cupcait927. Good luck with your race!!

Work just figured out I’m gone next week. They don’t really know what I do or how I do it, but they don’t want to go a week without it. I have to do a bunch of write ups now:(
    cupcait927
  • @6fsn which Disney? so exciting :) 

@cupcait927 does your friend know the situation? regardless, do only what you can handle. <3

@mrsconn23 hopefully everything goes smoothly next week

So other than basic things, I think we're all ready for tomorrow.
    M did dollarama while I did groceries. Tonight he is hitting BBQ store for cleaning stuff, and by the time he's done I should be home from work. Depending on time/weather, he may start cleaning the BBQ while I start dinner and some dishes. He has to go to his mum's place for folding chairs.

When munchkin goes to bed, we're gonna start decorating process. Streamers, balloons, ears on plates and whiskers on cups.

I may toss some laundry in .... idk yet. I kinda need to do a load but I'm not sure if I should. I may just wait for tomorrow.

Tomorrow M is going to get a large 1 balloon from Party City and I am icing the cake. If I don't do laundry tonight, I'll be doing the cake - and vice versa.
    My mum is coming early tomorrow to help distract kiddo while we get last minute cleaning done
    OliveOilsMomshort+sassyOurWildKingdomei34
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    @MissKittyDanger- disney world, Epcot, Hollywood studios, and animal kingdom. Today is the first I’ve really been excited about it. I just need to get through the todo list- clean bathrooms, sheets, cut grass, and now training. 
    MissKittyDangerOurWildKingdom
  • @6fsn just a heads up, I went to Epcot {years ago though} and discovered I had allergies to flowers/plants they had that were not where I lived {due to climate} so bringing allergy meds isn't a terrible idea!
    But you shouldn't have to train people .... they should have been on this before!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Oh we have all the allergy meds.  I take them daily for an autoimmune issue and dh does seasonally. I threw in all sorts of kid meds too. 
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom South Jersey member
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers

6 - Have fun at Disney!

Cupcait - Hugs to you and good luck in your race!

MKD - Happy Birthday to babyKitten!  Remember the 1 year old party is really for the parents since you made it through the first year!  LOL!

They are letting us go at 3 today.  I also think I'm going to use my lunch hour to get a hair cut.  Billy Joel is tonight.  Saturday, we will go to the virtual reality gaming place to use up our Groupon and maybe have lunch nearby.  We will also hit up Church.  Sunday we will be going to BIL/SILs house for my birthday dinner (which was the 13th).  Not sure what else we are doing for the weekend, but it sounds like enough! 

I hope WW has a lovely Memorial Day Weekend!

cupcait927MissKittyDangerOurWildKingdomei34
  • I have been pretty MIA for the last couple weeks.  Work trips, family wedding, and then was super sick with strep and a sinus infection :(  Starting to feel a little better thankfully.  This weekend is crazy, H's family is coming over tomorrow and then we're all going to a cousins grad party nearby.  Sunday his gma is turning 90 so we have a big family lunch for that.  Hopefully Monday is nice out and I feel ok bc our yard looks like a jungle and i'd like to weed and plant some flowers!
    OliveOilsMomMissKittyDangerOurWildKingdomei34
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    Ninth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    edited May 2019
    @6fsn, yay!  Enjoy the trip!

@cupcait927, enjoy the marathon and trip to Buffalo!

To everyone else, have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Alas, for me, it's just a normal weekend.  My work "trades" the Memorial Day holiday for Mardi Gras, so Mon. is just a regular work day.  At least "rush hour" traffic won't exist, lol.

Fridays are my half days (I work 9 hour days M-TH) and, after work, I'm going to fight one of those obnoxious camera traffic tickets.  It will probably be futile, but it is just especially b.s. because, in a nutshell, they're supposed to have warning signs when you're approaching a traffic camera area.  Except I turned from another street that was after the sign.  I was going the normal speed limit.  But apparently I was in a school zone at that time of day.  Which I had no way of knowing.  Because, sign.  And you can't see the school and no children were present.  But then, traffic tickets are nothing but blatant money grabs anyway so they don't care what's fair.  I'm going to try anyway (sigh).

Then the bank.  Grab lunch to-go somewhere...because I NEED a treat after the mean ticket visit.  The washing machine for my next-door rental unit is being delivered sometime between 1-5 PM.

Saturday is a rest day.  Though maybe grocery shopping.  Sunday, my H and I are going couch shopping...again (sigh).  I got a flyer from furniture store in the suburbs that has the kind of, apparently rare lol, couch* we are looking for.  Then we're going to KFC for dinner because I love them, have a good coupon, but rarely get to go because they're all out in BFE.  However, there is one near the furniture store.  It is embarrassing how excited I am go to go a fast food place, lol.

*We want a couch that has recliners on both ends.  Is smooth across the whole surface, but has a fold down middle cushion that is tray-like with cup holders.  And is a soft FABRIC.  Not f**king leather.  And less than $700...which goes hand-in-hand with the also wanting fabric and not leather.  Because I'm not paying hundreds more for leather when I prefer fabric anyway.  I also found one with good reviews, only one, on Amazon that fits the bill.  But would prefer to buy locally and actually get to see, touch, and sit on the couch before buying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    OliveOilsMom
  • Happy Friday!   

I have my answers about Chiquita starting soccer.   @6fsn I guess I may be in the same mom club as you.   For now enjoy your Disney vaca!!

Saturday we have a pancake breakfast at the marina, then DH is taking Chiquita for cleats and shinguards.   I'll be going to buy plants for our garden and hoping to get them in over the long weekend.   

If the weather holds I would LOVE to try to get a boat ride in.

BIL and SIL are still holding on.   Every time I get a phone call from FIL now I fear the worst.  
  • @NOLABridesmaid, Awesome!!!  Yay new nephew!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    NOLABridesmaid
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam Chicagoburbs member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Hugs @cupcait927
    have a blast @6fsn.  I’m jelly.  I’m actually one of those kidless people who like disney.  H and I have been wanting to go for so long!
    @misskittydanger, those decorations sound cute!  I like @OliveOilsMom advise at it being an adults party anyway! my godchild/nephew’s is tomorrow and we’re celebrating on the 1st.  
    @short+sassy hell yeah tickets are just money grabbers.  Glad you agree with me on that.  Fight.  Fight. Fight.

ok guys - Aladdin was GOOD!  I liked it better than Beauty & The beast.  But probably not as much as I liked Maleficent.... so go out and see it.

we get out at 3 too! (Hoping for 2) i have so things to do before my trip to Gettysburg tomorrow.  Cleaning, packing, lawn crap.  Ugh. I hate home ownership.  Have a great memorial weekend.  I have some things lined up in G’burg but I’m asking my friend to stop at a grocery store for snacks, breakfasts, and liquor to save on costs of going out all the time.  So even if we chill in the b&b - at least I’m on vacation doing it!

short+sassyOurWildKingdom
  • YAY @NOLABridesmaid!!!  Another little one to snuggle and spoil.  <3 
  • @6fsn, I can't wait to see pics.

I think I'm going to take myself to see John Wick 3 tonight.  K is out of town for a booking.  Then, we're planning on date night.  One of the local indie movie theaters does a "member choice" screening and they're showing James and the Giant Peach and I think we're going to that.  Other than that, sit on my butt and play video games.
    OliveOilsMomOurWildKingdomei34
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom South Jersey member
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    @CharmedPam - PA has weird Liquor Laws that have changed, so I'm not totally up to date on them.  But you have to go to state run liquor stores.  If you haven't been to PA before!
    @CharmedPam - PA has weird Liquor Laws that have changed, so I'm not totally up to date on them.  But you have to go to state run liquor stores.  If you haven't been to PA before!
    Jeez.  Why can’t they make it easy like Illinois?  You can get it anywhere! Lol

OliveOilsMom
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Got 6lets soccer offer very early and it’s a good one!  We also had another club reach out and ask us to try out for them with a minimum offer 
    MissKittyDangerOurWildKingdom
  • @6fsn Enjoy Disney! 

Ready for a 3 day weekend. This week has been a tough one mentally and emotionally and I'm ready for a tiny break. 

Tomorrow is H's birthday and we're off to Buffalo to stay overnight for the marathon on Sunday. He wants to check out a brewery or two so we'll do that and I'll treat him to a nice lunch. 

Sunday is race day. I've never been more nervous for any race ever. I'm happy that the day is finally here though because I am so sick of training. I want my weekends back from 4 hour long runs and to run because I love it, not because I have to.

Monday is my nephew's 10th birthday and my sister is having a family party for him that day. It's also an excuse to skip a gender reveal BBQ for my girlfriend. Nothing against the gender reveal but emotionally I'm not in a place where I can handle going. 
    Good luck on Sunday!! The weather is looking like it will be nice. I’m doing the half and it’s supposed to be a great race weekend. What breweries are you thinking of hitting? I’d recommend flying bison or thin man. Pearl street is also good. Where are you guys staying? Happy to send other Buffalo recommendations!!

Good luck!!!!
    cupcait927
    6fsn said:
    Is it ok to start vacation drinking?
    100% support this. 

ILoveBeachMusicVarunaTT
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston member
    Tenth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    Have a nice weekend everyone!
    VarunaTT
  • ILoveBeachMusicILoveBeachMusic Indiana member
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    LOL @6fsn, I thought yesterday was Friday, pored myself some wine about 4:00 and told H it was Friday so I deserved a drink. He looked at me and said yeah, it's Friday in New Zealand! I totally support vacation drinking. 
    banana468OurWildKingdom
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    LOL @6fsn, I thought yesterday was Friday, pored myself some wine about 4:00 and told H it was Friday so I deserved a drink. He looked at me and said yeah, it's Friday in New Zealand! I totally support vacation drinking. 
    We were drinking at 2 yesterday for end of school!
    VarunaTTOurWildKingdom
  • I know I shouldn't care.  I know I need to let this go.  But literally, the last 3 years of all of my hard work and growth on our Pride festival is being thrown into the ditch, set on fire, and the ashes jumped on.  I'm furious and appalled about what they're doing right now.  They just announced their "Stonewall celebration" at the most bougie location and like, they're so chipper about the announcement.  Come do karoake!  Come see drag queens!  Come be quietly gay, tucked back away where no one can see!  Where the rich gays go!!  And I'm trying to keep my mouth shut b/c locally I can make this smell and I'm trying to not cause drama but dear sweet holy hell, I want to cause massive rebellion drama, so I'm venting here.
  • 6fsn said:
    Is it ok to start vacation drinking?
    happy hour its 5 oclock somewhere GIF by MAmovie

VarunaTT