Wedding Woes
Options

Monday again?

It just keeps coming back!  ;)

The weekend was good.  I slept an astounding amount.  I've made an appointment with a different PCP, in hopes that this one won't piss me off.  It's an NP, and she was the NP for my old PCP and I liked her when I saw her with my mother and xH, so I'm hoping it's a better fit.  I do feel more rested, so maybe I just built up a deficit and didn't realize it.

Friday I went for drinks with a friend, we went to eat, and I was home and in bed by 10.  Saturday was my float.  I really enjoyed it.  I was so relaxed afterwards, I decided that I was going to try and start going every 2 weeks.  It's definitely a self-centered splurge.  The environment was amazing.  I did have some weird surges of anxiety and adrenaline, but I think once I'm more used to things, that will fade.  I did fall asleep, but I didn't stay asleep.  I didn't like that the salt dries on the exposed skin, but it was a simple matter to wash water over the skin again and get it off for another round.  I was so relaxed that I came home, drank a big vodka tonic to stay relaxed and slept for 4 hours on Saturday afternoon.  Went to bed around 9 on Saturday and Sunday and slept solid.  I did wake up last night because we had a tornado warning storm coming through that actually was really loud, but went back to sleep.  No movies all weekend, I was just lazy AF.

Work is SSDD.  Trying to stay focused.  We've gotten self evaluations for the first time since I've been here.  We have a real HR person now and she's trying.  I feel bad, b/c literally no one (including me) believes anything out of her mouth b/c HR has been screwed up for years, but she is trying.

Re: Monday again?

• Options
    Way to go @climbingwife!!! I’ve been way to scared to try a Tough Muddler, seriously impresses you did it! 

Weekend was good. I saw Come From Away on Friday and it was outstanding. Just so, so good. It was the perfect mix of serious and funny, the actors were incredible, and the music was great. See it if it comes near you! 

Saturday I played 3 football games and now I’m so sore. I took today off from the gym. I’m having some weird abdominal pain in my left side so I figured a rest day was in order. 
  • Options
    Also, happy Election Day to our Canadian knotties! 
  • Options
    Climbing - Way to go on the tough mudder!

Weekend was jammed packed!  But we got so much done!  Saturday was Amish Mart, bathroom work, church, dinner, DDs tubby and bathroom cleaning!  H and I also got our new TV up in the bedroom, so we decided to cuddle up and watch a movie.  We finally saw Wonder Woman and it was so good! 

Sunday was my morning to sleep in and it was so wonderful!  After breakfast it was just go, go, go!  Went food shopping, washed dishes, baked a cake, more dishes, mixed up and cooked meatballs, mixed up meatloaf for later in week, more dishes, and cooked dinner for us and MIL/BF to thank BF for staying at our house during all the construction.  Didn't truly stop until after dinner!

The Eagles stunk it up last night against Dallas.  I didn't think we would win, but we got trounced.  I also got trounced in FF when my QB only scored 5 points - thanks Matt Ryan!  It would have been a close battle, but I'm pretty much out of reach from a win unless the Patriots go on a defensive scoring rout tonight against the Jets.  I have a 1% chance of winning!  

This morning was more dishes!  I never did get to carve our pumpkin yesterday, so I will try it tonight with DD.
  • Options
    @VarunaTT was it that weird kind of sleep where you rest without falling asleep? Kinda like in the 'grey area' of sleep?
    Glad you enjoyed it! Did you feel claustrophobic?

@climbingwife congrats :)

Friday I was off with BabyKitten. Luckily too because she was up early a.f, so we went back to sleep for a bit, then I took a shower before getting us food.
    M came home for lunch, so he dropped us off at the bus stop since I decided to see my granny before meeting my mum.
    My granny made me lunch and got food for BabyKitten <3 

It's really hard to have an adult relationship with my granny. She's my mum's mother and they often don't get along. In many ways, my granny is manipulative and plays victim card {when she shouldn't be}
    Not long after having BabyKitten, I had planned on visiting my granny since she hadn't seen us since the brief hospital visit but ended up cancelling.
    The day I had confirmed everything for the next day, I ended up seeing my mum - who isn't a crier but was on the verge of tears when I saw her.

Apparently my granny had just been yelling and berating my mum in the middle of a parking lot - OUT OF NO WHERE!
    So later when I called for another reason, I mentioned I knew about the fight but wasn't getting in the middle. My granny said "okay" but then got into it. I stopped her 3x to say "enough, this isn't my fight and I'm not getting in the middle"
    2 more times, and I just said "look I disagree how you handled things. If you had an issue with mum, you could have discussed is civilly instead of in the middle of a damn parking lot"

Anyways ... my family is complicated. I double checked with my mum that she was talking to my granny {as I usually do} and made a plan to see her.

After saw my mum, and M picked us up there.

Saturday - family photo shoot in the morning. It was originally planned in the afternoon on Sunday but plans had to change. I'll try to post some here later since they're saved on my phone :)

Sunday - BabyKitten's ikea closet! It's half done, but at least larger half. Since we made a boo-boo and put the backing in backwards, we're going to look at some cute wallpaper {peel and stick kind} Idk if we'll do it any time soon, but good to get an idea. I may wait until BabyKitten has an opinion tbh.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 idk how you guys do 400 days for elections .... we have 40 days and it's annoying .... 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 idk how you guys do 400 days for elections .... we have 40 days and it's annoying .... 
    It’s a cruel form of torture we like to inflict upon ourselves. Makes us feel like we’re better at democracy than everyone else (we’re not). 

To be fair it’s primaries+ general that makes it take so long. 

One of my favorite activities when I was still a professor was having my students debate the USA as a presidential or parliamentary democracy. Interestingly, most cane down on the side of a parliamentary system once we got past the “but the constitution says we can’t” thing. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2019
    @VarunaTT- sounds so relaxing.  Now I must go check out groupon to see if there’s one near me
    @climbingwife - you did it! Congrats! Getting all wet in the already cold temps sounds extra fun

Friday was awesome.  It took us about 50 or so minutes to walk the haunted gallery and we got some good pics of us (it’s really just a photo op exhibit catering to us photo takers).  Then we had dinner at a diner (I love diner’s ya’ll) which was amazing.

Saturday was my friends halloween party which was a blast.  Her and her husband have a Dave & Busters set up in their basement year long.  My husband was in his GLORY! 

Sunday I tried to save all my photos fo my computer but it wasn’t connecting or backing up on my itunes.  So I had to go buy a new laptop.  Walmart had a $279 one advertised at $249, so they had to honor that price.  Small break for me I guess? Still not happy about having to make the purchase.  And then AT&T had no 11 pro max’s in stock at like 5 surrounding locations.  I have one coming to me which *should* arrive by Thursday.  We leave Friday. But getting a new phone for this trip was so important to me. I literally spent all day Sunday with laptop/phone stuff. 

• Options
    Congrats @climbingwife

Weekend was a mixed bag. 

Friday, we had a friend of DefConn's over.  DH cleaned out the garage.  I went shopping and then we just relaxed the rest of the day/night.  

Saturday, we got up and went to the pumpkin patch.  We met my sister and nephews.  Afterward, we headed to the Columbia outlet because DH wanted a new fleece jacket and Columbia's are his jam.  We also bought DefConn a new fleece and some shoes.  After we got home, DH smoked some chickens on the grill.  I watched a couple episodes of "Modern Love" on Prime and it is so good.  

Sunday, we cleaned out our storage room.  We purged a lot and also, found some great memories.  My dad texted about 2pm yesterday and informed us that my mom was in the ER.  Apparently she was not able to keep even water down and due to what's been going on with her lately, her surgeon told them to go in.  She feels fine now, but they're keeping her through tomorrow for a procedure.  I think they're taking precautions, and I'm happy for that, but I know mom is going nuts feeling fine and having to stay in the hospital.  I'll either head up there tonight or tomorrow morning.  

My master toilet is clogged and full of #2.  I tried to unclog it, but I am afraid of poop water all over the bathroom floor.  Also, it's not mine.  So DH is it when he gets home.  

I cannot focus on work and the weather is dark and dreary.  Blergh.  It's Monday AF. 
  • Options
    I feel like I went on a bender this weekend. Friday we went out with SIL and BIL. I'm not a huge fan of SIL, and I kind of drowned my annoyance. Of course it didn't help that we ended up going to a neighborhood that is far and traffic was awful. Saturday we went to the soccer game. It was a great win! Some friends of ours ended up joining us, so we had drinks before and during the game. It was a blast. Yesterday was park time with the pup and recovery day. 

Work is already pissing me off this week. I am so frustrated by people with no accountability, especially when they're vendors getting paid a shitton of money. I think I'm going to knock out at 4 and run some errands. 

• Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2019
    @VarunaTT was it that weird kind of sleep where you rest without falling asleep? Kinda like in the 'grey area' of sleep?
    Glad you enjoyed it! Did you feel claustrophobic?
    Basically, I would have to focus really intently to get a certain muscle to relax.  You're so buoyant that it's easy to push back against the water and tighten a muscle.  In focusing so hard, I would fall asleep.  Then, I'd kind of drift awake, usually b/c I moved.  I'm considering figuring out a way to be able to have a guided meditation for the next time, just so I can get more relaxed.  I did have some weird adrenaline surges and anxiety about time that I think a guided meditation would help with. 

I didn't get claustrophobic, though I was really disorientated the first few minutes between floating and darkness.  But I left my door somewhat propped open at the beginning, so I could reorient myself if I needed to, by opening my eyes.  I'm really not sure I could ever be in total darkness because of my vision issues and the anxiety that causes generally; they did inform me they have a larger tank for those with claustrophobia and it has a small blue light on all the time.  I think I'm going to sign up for that one next time.

ETA:  I was really comfortable, but I am also a waterbaby.  I take 2-3 baths/week b/c that's how I relax.  I have a playlist that is nothing but the sound of creek/river running water to help me calm down.  The reason I love river floating so much is because as soon as I'm out on the water, I feel like I can breath again.  So, I had no issues at all, beyond some minor "this is a new weird thing" reactions that I think will alleviate.  I am sure others wouldn't be so comfortable the first time out.  Most people I talked to said they were afraid to move their first time.  I was stretching in the water and thoroughly enjoying the weightless and the smell of the salt water.
  • Options
    Congrats @climbingwife! @OliveOilsMom unfortunately for me and the other 7 Jets fans out there, the Pats very well may give you the points you need  :D
    Weekend was a nice mix of productive, fun and relaxing.  One of my main Christmas gifts I give is baking mixes in mason jars and homemade vanilla extract...I knocked out all of the vanilla yesterday.  The timing is perfect - I like to give the vanilla beans a couple of months to soak but wasn't sure I'd be able to squeeze it in this weekend.  
  • Options
    I had a really good and relaxing weekend.  Marred only by I still haven't heard one word from the problem tenant that we delivered a 5-Day Pay or Quit notice to on Thurs.  A little surprised I haven't heard from her and that usually isn't a good sign.  Oh well.  I'm only PO'ed at myself that we didn't deliver it a week earlier than we did.

But, onto the good stuff.  I had $85 in slot play on Fri. and used that to walk away with $400.  Stopped at the bank on my way home.  I was going to anyway as I had a check to deposit.  On Sat., Harrah's had $85 in Visa gift cards to give me.  So I popped down again to pick those up, but didn't gamble.  However, I had $60 in food credits and got to-go food from one of their restaurants.

Watched my DVR or read a book the rest of the time and all day on Sun.  They detonated two huge cranes about 3 miles from my house on Sun.  I never thought I'd be able to hear it from my house, but it was clear as day.  I can't even imagine how loud it was closer to the site!  Scared my poor Izzy puppers!  She immediately crawled on my lap and was shaking for about 15 minutes.

For those of you who have caught it on the news.  Those cranes were related to the structural failure at the 18-story Hard Rock hotel that was being built.  It's been 9 days since the top few floors collapsed and the building itself is still unstable.  But at least taking the cranes out of the equation before they also fell, is a major relief.  It's already made the evacuation zone/street closures a smaller area.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had a really good and relaxing weekend.  Marred only by I still haven't heard one word from the problem tenant that we delivered a 5-Day Pay or Quit notice to on Thurs.  A little surprised I haven't heard from her and that usually isn't a good sign.  Oh well.  I'm only PO'ed at myself that we didn't deliver it a week earlier than we did.

But, onto the good stuff.  I had $85 in slot play on Fri. and used that to walk away with $400.  Stopped at the bank on my way home.  I was going to anyway as I had a check to deposit.  On Sat., Harrah's had $85 in Visa gift cards to give me.  So I popped down again to pick those up, but didn't gamble.  However, I had $60 in food credits and got to-go food from one of their restaurants.

Watched my DVR or read a book the rest of the time and all day on Sun.  They detonated two huge cranes about 3 miles from my house on Sun.  I never thought I'd be able to hear it from my house, but it was clear as day.  I can't even imagine how loud it was closer to the site!  Scared my poor Izzy puppers!  She immediately crawled on my lap and was shaking for about 15 minutes.

For those of you who have caught it on the news.  Those cranes were related to the structural failure at the 18-story Hard Rock hotel that was being built.  It's been 9 days since the top few floors collapsed and the building itself is still unstable.  But at least taking the cranes out of the equation before they also fell, is a major relief.  It's already made the evacuation zone/street closures a smaller area.   

@short+sassy did you say if the 5 day pay or quit is business days or standard days?  Would it mean that she has a majority of this week to respond or you really need an answer by tomorrow?

What's the local feeling of that hotel?  I'm no structural engineer but I would feel uneasy about staying in that building. 
  • Options
    Oh!  And update on my elderly neighbors (Cay and Day) I was concerned about a couple weeks ago.  As a reminder, Cay is the one who is more physically frail, but mentally alert, and my H called an ambulance for her a couple Saturdays ago.  Day is in a little bit better physical condition, but is starting to show signs of dementia (we think) and also has unexpected bouts of anger.

Cay has been in the hospital this whole time, but was moved to a care facility over the weekend.  Unfortunately, she ended up losing her kidney function in both kidneys.  No one is sure at this time if she will be able to come back home.  In the meantime, my H has had to help Day get into her house 3x, because she forgets her front door has two locks and she has to unlock both of them to open the door (sigh).  Other than that, she seems to be living on her own okay.  But it's troubling.

And for more neighbor medical craziness, my H drove a totally different neighbor to the ER last week Sat.  She's not elderly.  I'm guessing in her early 40s.  But her left arm had suddenly gone numb and she was worried she was having a heart attack.  As it turned out, nothing nearly that serious (phew).  She'd been bit on her left hand by a spider, but hadn't realized it, and that's what had been causing the numbness.

I don't know what is going on with spiders right now in my neighborhood!  I haven't really seen any.  But I have one bite from a little over a week ago.  And two bites from a few days ago.  I think they are all spider bites.  Definitely not mosquitoes.  However, mine don't cause numbness.  But they are super itchy.

It's just a little scary because, while most spider bites are just an annoyance, we have both brown recluses and black widows in our area.  It could just as easily be one of those spiders and that's a real danger.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    banana468 said:

@short+sassy did you say if the 5 day pay or quit is business days or standard days?  Would it mean that she has a majority of this week to respond or you really need an answer by tomorrow?

What's the local feeling of that hotel?  I'm no structural engineer but I would feel uneasy about staying in that building. 
    Unfortunately, it is 5 business days.  So the soonest we could file for an eviction is Friday.  She does have the majority of the week to respond.  If I haven't heard from her, I'll send her a text Wed. late afternoon with a reminder that tomorrow (Thurs.) is the last day to either pay the rent or move out/give me keys, before we file for an eviction.  Plus, I'll let her know an eviction costs about $200 and she'll be responsible for those fees also, once I file.

Locally, people are just upset all around about the hotel.  There were construction crews working when those floors collapsed.  About 100 people were injured and 3 people died.  Most of the evacuated area is commercial, but there are also some residences and none of those people can be at their home.  And there still isn't much idea of when they can go back.  The site is also near a major artery for the downtown that is also closed until who knows when.  Traffic has been horrendous.  In fact, when I went to Harrahs on Sat., I took the other main artery through the downtown.  Which is usually fairly empty on the weekend but, nope, it was practically a parking lot.

At the moment, I don't think it is much of a "fight" because there is more important fish to fry.  But our mayor, Mayor Cantrell, has already stated that she wants that site razed to the ground.  She doesn't want anything left of the original construction.  Whereas, if the lower floors are fine, I could see the developers maybe arguing with that stance.

And, of course, there is a lot of "why".  I'm sure there won't be an official answer for months.  But there aren't even any good guesses, at the moment.  Nothing that's obvious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is so sad about your neighbor @short+sassy. And about the accident. I hope everything works out with your tenant. 

Great job @climbingwife!

This weekend was pretty good. We had our Halloween party and although it was smaller than we wanted it was still fun and I think people had a good time. There were a few moments of awkwardness and there was an issue with our DJ that I wish hadn’t happened. Frankly we could have done without him at all. Sunday FSIL and her FI stayed over and helped us clean up and then we watched Eli on Netflix. It was pretty good for a Netflix movie. Today I’m cleaning up and trying to put the house back together. 

• Options
    Congratulations, @climbingwife. Ugh about that tenant @short+sassy!

Saturday was all yard work. I was so sore yesterday, but the yard is looking pretty good. We just have couple more beds to clean out and then regular leaf blowing for H. 

While I was isn Chicago I was power walking and irritated my hip. I was hoping it would get better with time but working in the yard made it worse. So...I went to the orthopedist's walk in clinic this morning. Luckily they weren't that busy. They X-rayed and looked at my movement. Diagnosis is bursitis (I feel really old now because my aunt and mom had that several times) and a small impingement. Anyway, steroids for a week then a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory plus some PT. They couldn't get me into the PT for a week though. I will just continue to do my usual stretches until I'm told otherwise. So no impact work outs and adapted weight workouts for me!
  • Options
    I hope you feel better @ILoveBeachMusic. Hip pain is awful. 

• Options
    Congrats climbingwife you’re a badass!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!