Wedding Woes

Messy on MONDAY

2»

Re: Messy on MONDAY

• mrsconn23 said:

Saturday, I went to the store and then got my hairs did.  DH and DefConn went out together and did some running around.  We went to my parents for dinner so DH could help my dad hang his new TV.  My younger sister's BFF had her baby and she's so precious.  <3  We went home and finished Maisel (I have mixed feelings about season 3 and I have concerns about season 4's direction.) 

I'm curious about your mixed feelings. I'm not sure I liked how it ended, but I still liked the season. I'm trying to be vague to avoid spoilers. Didn't we used to have a way to nest spoilers?

@MsKittyDanger They're a bunch of colors now. The whole thing is going to be "agreeable grey" at the realtor's suggestion. Sounds boring to me, but I hopefully won't be living here much longer!
    FWIW, I agree with your realtor.  Greys have been the "it" neutral color for a few years now.  Lots of real estate investors with rentals or flips choose a go-to grey color, including the Agreeable Grey you are talking about.  That's how popular it is.  I recognize that particular color's name from the forums about paint that I read sometimes, lmao.  Though my personal go-to grey color is Dolphin Fin Grey.

I think grey sounds a little more boring than it actually looks.  With white trim, it "pops" nicely.  The paint color in my rehab photos is Dolphin Fin Grey, which is a similar shade to Agreeable Grey.
    Oh, I'm totally on board with grey being the "it" neutral color. It's far more modern than off-white or beige. I just think having the whole house neutral is boring. I get that it sells better that way, but I wouldn't want to live in a neutral wonderland for very long. I prefer the style of some variations of color from space to space. 

I honestly thought agreeable gray was a realtor joke. I'm cracking up that it's the actual name of the color. 
  • Cupcait - Healthy vibes and prayers for baby!  
  • mrsconn23 said:

Saturday, I went to the store and then got my hairs did.  DH and DefConn went out together and did some running around.  We went to my parents for dinner so DH could help my dad hang his new TV.  My younger sister's BFF had her baby and she's so precious.  <3  We went home and finished Maisel (I have mixed feelings about season 3 and I have concerns about season 4's direction.) 

I'm curious about your mixed feelings. I'm not sure I liked how it ended, but I still liked the season. I'm trying to be vague to avoid spoilers. Didn't we used to have a way to nest spoilers?

@MsKittyDanger They're a bunch of colors now. The whole thing is going to be "agreeable grey" at the realtor's suggestion. Sounds boring to me, but I hopefully won't be living here much longer!
    FWIW, I agree with your realtor.  Greys have been the "it" neutral color for a few years now.  Lots of real estate investors with rentals or flips choose a go-to grey color, including the Agreeable Grey you are talking about.  That's how popular it is.  I recognize that particular color's name from the forums about paint that I read sometimes, lmao.  Though my personal go-to grey color is Dolphin Fin Grey.

I think grey sounds a little more boring than it actually looks.  With white trim, it "pops" nicely.  The paint color in my rehab photos is Dolphin Fin Grey, which is a similar shade to Agreeable Grey.
    What brand is this dolphin fin grey!?
  • It’s not bad in Philly just chilly and I think it’s going to rain.

H is being a pain in my ass today. Tomorrow he’s got pictures for his company website and is being lazy about getting a haircut. He keeps asking me if I think he should get one. By the time we had the conversation he could have been halfway to the barber shop ha ha. 

We got word we are out of underwriting with only 3 conditions. It looks like we will have this all wrapped up by Christmas! 
  • Lol on the gray- my dad is gearing up to sell his house and has had most of it repainted grey on the advice of the realtor
  • mrsconn23 said:

What brand is this dolphin fin grey!?
    Dolphin Fin Grey is Behr.  It has either a slight blue or purple undertone, depending on the lighting.  I also like it because it will do that!  It's almost like it picks up tints of the colors and lighting around it.

Agreeable Grey is a Sherwin Williams color.

However, with all that said, since paint stores...including the paint departments at Home Depot and Lowe's...prepare the color mix anyway, you can buy whatever brand of paint you want and tell them the color you want it to be.  Even if that color's name was coined by a different brand.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our house is a grey-blue and white. I really like it. We add decor like plants, throw pillows, artwork, etc to make it feel homey and not stark and boring. 

• Ours is gray, but blue undertones and I sort of hate it lol. I wish it were more traditional gray-gray. Not enough for me to redo it but definitely enough where it bugs me. 
  • @cupcait927 all the best vibes @charlotte989875 congrats to the Bills!
    @banana468 I thought about everyone grieving on Saturday, it's so incredibly sad

Weekend was nice.  Hosted my annual cousin Christmas cookie decorating party...did Christmas tree brownie decorating with my twins' classes today and pushing into older DD's tomorrow.  So suddenly a bit tired of baking.  But this is the last week before Christmas break, yay.  Also hoping we don't get enough snow to close schools tomorrow.
  • Ours is gray, but blue undertones and I sort of hate it lol. I wish it were more traditional gray-gray. Not enough for me to redo it but definitely enough where it bugs me. 
    I have grays in three different rooms in my house and the only one I like is in the kitchen. We painted the nursery gray and I hate it. It ended up with almost a lavender undertone which isn't what I wanted, but I don't dare tell H because he's the one that's painted every room in our house because I hate painting. I definitely prefer a more true gray color, nothing with blue or red undertones.