Wedding Woes

Coronavirus should I postpone my wedding?

2»

Re: Coronavirus should I postpone my wedding?

• I think governors will be making the decisions for the states - not Trump. The governor of Ohio (where both sons live) has already said he isn't opening up the state any time soon. I can only pray that other governors will follow suit and over ride anything Trump says.

The problem is with the asshat governors who haven't made enough restrictions. 
    mrsconn23Casadenacharlotte989875
  • ILoveBeachMusicILoveBeachMusic Indiana member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    banana468 said:
    I think governors will be making the decisions for the states - not Trump. The governor of Ohio (where both sons live) has already said he isn't opening up the state any time soon. I can only pray that other governors will follow suit and over ride anything Trump says.

So true but hopefully their citizens won't be traveling and the other states can recover. I'm trying to look at something to be optimistic about. The Texas governor should be burned at the stake.
  • banana468 said:
    I think governors will be making the decisions for the states - not Trump. The governor of Ohio (where both sons live) has already said he isn't opening up the state any time soon. I can only pray that other governors will follow suit and over ride anything Trump says.

So true but hopefully their citizens won't be traveling and the other states can recover. I'm trying to look at something to be optimistic about. The Texas governor should be burned at the stake.

If I was a betting person that's really unlikely especially in areas (cough...Florida...cough) with snowbirds that are leaving and heading up to their homes in northern states.   
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

If I was a betting person that's really unlikely especially in areas (cough...Florida...cough) with snowbirds that are leaving and heading up to their homes in northern states.   
    I have a friend who lives in FL full time and is more concerned about the people who have second homes in FL are coming back, if they've left, to avoid the lockdown orders in northern states.  
    ILoveBeachMusic
  • mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

I have a friend who lives in FL full time and is more concerned about the people who have second homes in FL are coming back, if they've left, to avoid the lockdown orders in northern states.  
    I'm sure it's worse in reverse just due to the population density but if FL can't get people tested and they aren't trying to stop the spread it's also no good.

Our town in shoreline CT just asked anyone who relocated to isolate for 2 weeks.   It's not enforceable at all but it's a mandate from the 1st selectman that anyone who just came to town to be in their summer home needs to not leave their home for two weeks at least to help us flatten the curve.   We already have at least 1 case and we'll see what happens. 
    charlotte989875
  • If you postpone your date and do a small private ceremony on your original date you can ABSOLUTELY and TOTALLY have your ceremony at your celebration wedding. I’m sure the majority of your guests would love to see you say your vows and be part of the special moment. 
    You do NOT have to give up your ceremony because you did a small ceremony privately due to your wedding getting postponed through no fault of your own!!!! 

• If you postpone your date and do a small private ceremony on your original date you can ABSOLUTELY and TOTALLY have your ceremony at your celebration wedding. I’m sure the majority of your guests would love to see you say your vows and be part of the special moment. 
    You do NOT have to give up your ceremony because you did a small ceremony privately due to your wedding getting postponed through no fault of your own!!!! 

Just be sure your guest know that you were married privately and don't lie to them regardless of the circumstances.
    short+sassyILoveBeachMusic