Wedding Woes
Options

What day? Tuesday?

They're all starting to run together since all I do is work and go home.  :smile:

My VR system is on the way and is to be here tomorrow!!

Also, reminder that's been going across my FB:  In MO, tomorrow is when food stamp families get their cards refilled (and I think WIC sends out, but not sure of that one).  So maybe take a few days and let them do their monthly grocery shopping since they have limited options and tend to be on fumes by this time.  I usually shop on Wednesdays, just b/c that's when my meal planner resets for the next week, but I'm going to take a few days off.

One of my co-workers is in the same headspace I was last week.  I wish I could hug her, but instead I'm just saying, "I know.  I agree.  Thanks for sharing with me, don't hold it in."  Our head honcho might just end up murdered by the end of all of this, but he'd have to come into the office first.

Re: What day? Tuesday?

• Options
    I'm sorry, you're boss isn't even coming in to the office @VarunaTT ?????  WTF.  I would be noping out of there so fast (easier said than done, I know)

@banana468 I love the new laundry room!

Last week our master shower started leaking into the office downstairs.  This happened once before and we regrouted as a bandaid bc we weren't ready to totally renovate.  We have to now though - it's a design flaw and will just keep happening.  Our master is tiny, but all 4 walls are either tiled or mirrored so we have to completely redo drywall in addition to a new shower tray/tile, vanity, and toilet. I'm excited for a new bathroom but not for my wallet!  

Babe's sleep schedule is still kinda messy, so we're just scrambling to get work done anytime he's sleeping!

Continuing grocery topic from yesterday...., idk if Schwann's https://www.schwans.com/ food service is available in all areas, but we've been using them for the last few months.  Not the cheapest for some items, but they have great sales and a rewards program and imo the quality is very good on the majority of things we've tried.  And it's delivery - so no one would have to leave the house.  Might be another good option for people!  We love their frozen fish and chicken, chicken pot pies, frozen pizzas and veggies.  They also have awesome ice cream if that's your jam.
  • Options
    I woke up today feeling as though some significant news will occur today. I’m hoping my intuition is wrong. 

We bought a combo elliptical/bike for the house. It’s about what I expected for the price we paid. It’s not horrible but it’s definitely not what I’m used to at the gym. I need to call student loans today to do the deferment. FI is so stressed. I wish I could work from home too. I think that would help him feel a lot better. Last night I made a huge batch of spaghetti sauce to freeze for later. So at least if we get stuck at home we have easy to eat options. 

• Options
    So I bought this baby foot peel over the winter and never used it.  I used it last week since I'm not getting a pedi any time soon.  My feet are molting now.  They look slightly diseased, LOL.  I'm going to have to do a ton of scrubbing to make them look somewhat normal. 

Also, I've found all the beauty samples I've squirreled away for 'when I have the time'.  I'm gonna be gorgeous, or at least well-conditioned. 

I also bought little razors to keep my eyebrows in some shape, since I don't pluck and self-waxing could go awry. 

I finished my first cross-stitch.  I thrilled how much I learned.  It looks a little rough, but I can see how I improved as I went along.  I have another one to start on tonight and am trying to keep myself from shopping for more on Amazon.  

Can I just say that all the podcasts are doing all the shows and I love it?  Silver lining, y'all.  

I have a virtual visit with my counselor tomorrow. It's also my day off.  DefConn got Monopoly for his bday.  Looks like I have some ass-kicking to do.  Hee. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    So I bought this baby foot peel over the winter and never used it.  I used it last week since I'm not getting a pedi any time soon.  My feet are molting now.  They look slightly diseased, LOL.  I'm going to have to do a ton of scrubbing to make them look somewhat normal. 

Be careful with the scrubbing because you don't want to expose the new skin too soon.  I do the baby feet every 3 months b/c it's just easier.  It'll last about a week.  I like to take baths and then do a gentle scrub, that'll get a lot of what you're seeing, off.  I love the things.  I do a big long soak and then leave them on for an hour and a half, then in about a week I'll do another soak and the majority of dead skin will come off.
  • Options
    @climbingwife what are you doing so far? Are you using communication tools like zoom/Teams/Slack to check in? We are doing both formal checkins and having channels (teams or slack) for fun stuff like you might have with normal office water cooler chat or funny pictures

• Options
    VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Be careful with the scrubbing because you don't want to expose the new skin too soon.  I do the baby feet every 3 months b/c it's just easier.  It'll last about a week.  I like to take baths and then do a gentle scrub, that'll get a lot of what you're seeing, off.  I love the things.  I do a big long soak and then leave them on for an hour and a half, then in about a week I'll do another soak and the majority of dead skin will come off.
    This stuff is coming off in almost sheets.  But I'm definitely going slow with the scrub and then doing lotion immediately after.  I'd definitely do it again.  I don't wear shoes very often, so my feet need something like this to keep them in check. 
  • Options
    Not sure the last time I checked in here, but hi! Still swamped with work, we are leading webinars and guest speaking in some webinars to help employers understand all of the new legislation (FFCRA and CARES Act) so it's a whirlwind of being busy. 

I'm finally getting over my sickness, still a lingering cold but not bad. Sickness on top of busy made for extra exhaustion and I'm not sure I'll ever catch up on that feeling but then again I think we are all feeling extra tired these days anyway. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:

This stuff is coming off in almost sheets.  But I'm definitely going slow with the scrub and then doing lotion immediately after.  I'd definitely do it again.  I don't wear shoes very often, so my feet need something like this to keep them in check. 
    yep, mine does the same thing.  It's so tempting to peel and sometimes I just have to.  I'm terrible about not wearing socks or stalkings, so I'm barefoot all the time, with or without shoes.  And it really does work if you stay with it.  I think I might go to every 2 months, but it keeps my heels soft and smooth and that's a miracle in of itself.
  • Options
    One more day at home. Same old, same old. I need to get exercise.
  • Options
    Yesterday M had this weird bug feeling, and I think I got today :(

I sat on the couch and then showered. I feel mildly better with that and gingerale.
    Paranoid about eating though :\ 

BabyKitten is doing great sans bottles :) It's almost good we have extra days without daycare to really enforce this. I won't go back. It's definitely something I put off for longer than we should have. Not a whole lot of difference tbh
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Glad you're feeling a bit better @kvruns @charlotte989875 it's looks great!  @levioosa my freezer always has a few gallon bags of Sunday sauce too...great thing to have on hand!

I made a phenomenal Vegan chocolate cake yesterday.  I was drawn more to the "make in the pan, no need for a bowl" aspect than the Vegan part, but if anyone is vegan and craving chocolate, I recommend it.  7 minutes active time and then 30min in the oven.
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020063-made-in-the-pan-chocolate-cake

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited March 2020
    Love the new laundry room @charlotte989875
    @VarunaTT, I don’t know if this helps but I’m shaking my fist in your boss’ direction.  (((hugs)))) for anyone who can’t wfh.  My parents thankfully can, but my sister is a 911 dispatcher and needs to go in.  She says she hates it. 

So my doctor, on our call, suggested I mix up my routine since i can’t stop gaining/my blood sugar numbers are bad and we can’t seem why.  I walked 5 miles a day and did trx.

I pulled out an old school work out video on the old dvd player.  Chalene Johnson's turbo jam.  Circa 2006.  Guys, it’s out dated but it works and it’s FUN.  I used it probably 10ish years ago when it was considered old then lol.  But I lost a lot of weight then and so did my bff who introduced it to me. I just do the 20 min workout (paired now with 3.5 miles of walking).  I bet this is really cheap now if anyone wants to look into it.  But DON’T workout with her music, use your own!!

I’m really trying to eat well and stock my house with only healthy foods.  I feel like the work outs, planning & cooking healthy (i only order in 1 a week), and logging the damn calories on the app is a full time job! But I want to exit this quarantine with a weight loss, not gain. 

Eta words

• Options
    kvruns said:
    @climbingwife what are you doing so far? Are you using communication tools like zoom/Teams/Slack to check in? We are doing both formal checkins and having channels (teams or slack) for fun stuff like you might have with normal office water cooler chat or funny pictures

We've been using Zoom. The leadership team, we've just been using FreeConference.com 

For fun stuff, there's a few text groups. I've just mostly been texting with my team. 

We were just notified today that beginning 4/10, we'll all be taking a 10% reduction in salary until further notice. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:

We've been using Zoom. The leadership team, we've just been using FreeConference.com 

For fun stuff, there's a few text groups. I've just mostly been texting with my team. 

We were just notified today that beginning 4/10, we'll all be taking a 10% reduction in salary until further notice. 
    Damn, that sucks. Assuming they won’t compensate you for that when this is over. 

We use WebEx for conferencing and Teams for chats/sharing content/staying in touch. I have to say I really like teams and the white board function; it’s not the same as being in the office but we’re getting better at collaborating remotely. 
  • Options
    Nope, there's been no talk of compensating us when things return to normal. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 I don't manage a team, I have one direct report who basically needs no management, but because of both of our partial WFH schedules I only see her in person every few weeks. I normally schedule a 30 minute 1:1 every other week just to check in. When we're remote a lot, we do it via video chat instead of just phone.

On my peer team, we have a group set up on Teams to share files, schedules and general chatter. We're also back to having weekly team meetings (video) to keep lines of communication open. 
  • Options
    That sucks @climbingwife !  That's a big cut.

Past few days have been busy at work for me.  And I suspect that is just going to be the pace of the week.  

I successfully used instacart for groceries - thanks to everyone who recommended!  Probably will never use it again once social distancing is done, but it's nice to know it's there whenever I need it.

Puppy had a vet check this morning.  It was done like a drive through - I park in the parking lot, open the door and release the hound, they take her in then call me when they are done and they release her back to me.  And her blood work was good, so we're just waiting to get the okay to further reduce her meds.  

I did book club over the weekend on Zoom.  It was interesting.  I kept getting bad audio, but I think it was just my wifi.

• Options
    I meant to tag @charlotte989875 on the laundry room comment - looks great!  

Also, idk if you guys have seen this but it's hilarious and I want to send it to my IL's. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0G63uzhFP4
  • Options
    Omg that’s awesome @casadena! Sharing it all around lol

• Options
    I'm sorry @climbingwife.   I'm assuming this is all due to down sales, etc?  It's still really rough and sucks.   

Thanks @Casadena for the link.   I just sent it to my mom. 

I came out of  a meeting to see that Chiquito had FOUR tubes of yogurt so now we have 1 left.   I'm going to try to get an order in to Wal-Mart in the hopes that we can try to get groceries for pick up.   Our county in CT is less impacted than some others closer to NY  but I'm still frightened and truly thankful for those who work in these environments.  

• Options
    Yup, all due to sales. Our customers are restaurants, caterers, stadiums, concert venues, etc. We're fucked. 
  • Options
    That sucks so, so much. I'm so sorry. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited March 2020
    @climbingwife, I’m so sorry, that truly sucks.  Your not even wfh are you?  My friend got a 10% cut but said she was saving a bit from not having to travel to (NYC) and back so it helped a bit

• Options
    I just found out 2 friends have official diagnoses.

Boss man doesn't usually come into office except when he wants to micromanage for a minute and feel important.  He's annoying, but he stays out of my way and I can do my job.  NOW, he's coming in and saying shit like, "You can avoid this by just using some common sense."  Yeah, like working from home and avoiding public interaction.

I have 2 friends now: 1 with confirmed dx, she's in her 50s.  She's a home health care nurse at K's company.  She has a 16 year old son and a younger daughter who is special needs at home and her partner is at a research station in Antarctica.  I'm going to take them a Qdoba family meal this weekend to try and help.  The other one is late 20s, he has all sx, but the dr. said he couldn't take the test unless his fever was over 100.4....it's 100.2.  :/  He's been ordered to self quarantine.  His partner, I'm very sure, works at Walmart.

So, now I'm listening to The Ballad of Billy Balls/The RFK Tapes to distract my brain for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone <3 CharmedPam said:
    @climbingwife, I’m so sorry, that truly sucks.  Your not even wfh are you?  My friend got a 10% cut but said she was saving a bit from not having to travel to (NYC) and back so it helped a bit
    I worked from home the last 2 weeks, but am in the office this week. But will absolutely be working from home more to save on gas and tolls. I'll probably do one week here, one week WFH. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone <3 CharmedPam said:
    I worked from home the last 2 weeks, but am in the office this week. But will absolutely be working from home more to save on gas and tolls. I'll probably do one week here, one week WFH. 
    I'm sorry - That's so rough right now.   I hope there's a recovery so your company can get back on its feet again soon. 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT, good luck to your friends!  I hope they stay as well as possible.  Your boss...wow, smh.  So it's "safe enough" for you all but not "safe enough" for them.  Got it.  I also like how this person has already set the bar in their own mind that if someone from the office contracts COVID-19, it's "their" fault.  Because they "didn't use common sense".  Nothing to do with company policy.  Nope, nope, nope.

I'd be curious to know what the REAL numbers are for people who have contracted COVID-19.  Because the enormous lack of test kits is part of the problem.  Louisiana is similar to what you described with your friend.  You need to have ALL the symptoms to be tested and even with that they are limited as to how many people they can test per day.  And, quite frankly like many illnesses, not everyone who contracts it is going to have all the symptoms.  Then it's usually at least 3-5 days before people get their results back.  Sometimes it's even longer.  Caveat, most of my "source" info is posts on Nextdoor from local people who've been tested.  Or tried to get tested. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @VarunaTT I hope your friends are ok!