Wedding Woes

So there are mods still?

Interesting that thread got closed so quickly. 

Re: So there are mods still?

• Yeah.  Interesting that its closed after someone wants to claim that now of all times people get a free pass to lie.

Way to look at the world through a narrow lense.
  • well now you got my interest but I'm too lazy to read 3 pages lol 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2020
    What did I miss??

ETA - never mind, read it.  Yeah didn't realize threads still got closed either. 
  • I admit I pushed and didn't let up.   I'm really fired up about DH's employer among other things and am BEYOND tired of any defense of not being truthful.  

• What baffled me about that whole thing is the person just accepting the lying.
    Claiming others don't have empathy now, is such b.s! People would be more empathetic if they said "hey we opted to get married, but we wanna do a ceremony later"

Urg .... I feel your rage ladies.
  • By her OWN logic, you wouldn't even need to lie! That's what makes it so crazy. People understand these are unprecedented times. 
  • By her OWN logic, you wouldn't even need to lie! That's what makes it so crazy. People understand these are unprecedented times. 
    RIGHT?!

• I'm guessing it got closed because lying liar-pants was accusing people of calling her a liar. And while her intent to lie was a lot of the conversation, there was no name calling. But since she admittedly has no problems with lying, I wouldn't put it past her to lie to the knot gods and claim people were name calling. 
  • banana468 said:
    ei34 said:
    I'm guessing it got closed because lying liar-pants was accusing people of calling her a liar. And while her intent to lie was a lot of the conversation, there was no name calling. But since she admittedly has no problems with lying, I wouldn't put it past her to lie to the knot gods and claim people were name calling. 
    That totally may have happened...to which I wonder, why wouldn't the knot gods check the post to see if that was valid?  Wasn't too much to sift through...remember those 9-page threads circa 2012-2014? 
    Oh well.  You fought the good fight @banana468

Thank you!  

What was SO frustrating was attempting to lay out what's going on in real life RIGHT NOW and some of it is due to the misinformation and outright lying that's being done by those in some level of command. 

So now, of ALL times, I want people near me to give me the truth.   And having to postpone your wedding date SUCKS.   I get it.   My 40th birthday party is probably going to be on my 41st birthday (obviously not lying about my age though).   But PLEASE don't tell me that having to postpone your wedding is comparable to the fear that your job could get you sick or kill you, that it's comparable to having to hold your son as he sobs because he doesn't get that the neighbor's kids aren't able to play with him or even that your retirement saving just CRASHED and you may need to re-enter the job market or that you are furloughed and you aren't sure how the groceries and light bill and rent will be paid and PLEASE don't tell me that because of a forced cancellation/postponement that you get to lie.     

I'm understanding of SO much right now except BS. 
    Right. What I was actually going to say when I tried to reply was that my wedding isn’t impacted but my pregnancy sure is! No shower, no getting to hang out with my friends who are parents, no last trip before the baby with H and likely no visitors once he gets here. And that’s is everything goes as well as it can. It sucks. 

But it doesn’t mean I can use it as an excuse to lie to people. And it’s hard to say no we can’t hang out, or that people can’t come visit. Part of being an adult is owning your choices. 
  • I wonder if @MairePoppy is able to offer feedback. 
  • I can stand liars under any circumstances so I can't possibly agree more with you @banana468. That gal just wasn't getting anything you were saying. She has tunnel vision and the only important thing is that the wedding is postponed. It doesn't matter what other people's circumstances are.
  • edited April 2020
    banana468 said:
    I wonder if @MairePoppy is able to offer feedback. 
    Apparently, I am still a mod. When I saw the title of this thread, I checked to see if I have access still to the mod board.

I checked the report board. A long time WW regular requested the thread be closed and KH closed it. I'm mentioning this so you won't think it was one of the newbies that reported the thread. There was no explanation of the TOS violation. I won't mention the SN of the reporter because that would be a violation.

FTR, I agree with you, banana. I'm pretty easy going as far as vow renewals and receptions with all the fanfare, especially under these circumstances. Just be honest with the guests, that's all. 

• Interesting. Thanks @MairePoppy for the explanation! 
  • So @MairePoppy how is the last poster able to edit her comments in a closed thread? 

It's starting to smell like the food I have stuck in my fridge before the quarantine. 
  • I requested it be closed.  While I get the frustration, it was beating a goddamn dead horse and I was experiencing my own level of frustration.  I do remember those threads from yesteryears.  I also fully admit that I have a weird issue with having titles highlighted, so I have to click on them to make that stop and it was just annoying AF.  I was selfish.

I didn't actually expect it to happen, TBH.  :D  I didn't think anyone listened on the Knot boards anymore.  I said, "Can you just close this damn thread already?"
  • VarunaTT said:
    I requested it be closed.  While I get the frustration, it was beating a goddamn dead horse and I was experiencing my own level of frustration.  I do remember those threads from yesteryears.  I also fully admit that I have a weird issue with having titles highlighted, so I have to click on them to make that stop and it was just annoying AF.  I was selfish.

I didn't actually expect it to happen, TBH.  :D  I didn't think anyone listened on the Knot boards anymore.  I said, "Can you just close this damn thread already?"
    I have this same issue!  I hate when I click on shows I don’t even watch.  I’m like wtf did I just do?  Because now I have to click on it every time someone posts.  Lol.

• edited April 2020
    banana468 said:
    So @MairePoppy how is the last poster able to edit her comments in a closed thread? 

It's starting to smell like the food I have stuck in my fridge before the quarantine. 
    Hmm. I never knew you couldn't edit in a closed thread. 
    Did you try it out to see if you can edit your post? Because if you can't, I would wonder why the newbie could.

ETA - I just closed this thread to check and I'm able to edit my post, but that may be because I'm a mod. 
    Now I'm opening it.

• VarunaTT said:
    I requested it be closed.  While I get the frustration, it was beating a goddamn dead horse and I was experiencing my own level of frustration.  I do remember those threads from yesteryears.  I also fully admit that I have a weird issue with having titles highlighted, so I have to click on them to make that stop and it was just annoying AF.  I was selfish.

That one time you get your wish and you wasted it here.