Wedding Woes

Fri-yay

ei34ei34 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited May 2020 in Wedding Woes
We're supposed to get some warmer weather this weekend (finally).  Just going to repeat the beach/backyard gardening and grilling/try some new recipes/keep the kids happy and sane cycle.  Hope everyone else has something enjoyable planned.

ETA  rushed my post in case others were posting too.  Taking DD to her six-year well visit later today.  It'll be my first time with the waiting down in the car until the office is empty and going straight into an exam room appointment.  Feeling a bit nervous but I want to keep her vaccines up to date.
charlotte989875kvrunsshort+sassyOliveOilsMomJen4948

Re: Fri-yay

• Happy FRIDAY! 

I bought one of those 'top rated' off the shoulder jumpsuits from Amazon and I'm wearing it today with a new bralette.   I feel cute and hope I don't look like I'm a 40 year old trying too hard to be comfortable and stylish.   DH looked at me and said, "So how do you go to the bathroom in that thing?" 

I have impatiens, coleus, parsley and basil plus potting soil and hanging plants to pick up today.   I am looking forward to reminding myself how to drive as I do a contactless pick up around the corner.  Tomorrow I plant and maybe get the kids in on "gardening fun. 
    charlotte989875short+sassyei34OliveOilsMom
  • I wish I could send 10 degrees of ours up to you all in the Northeast, lol.  It's already way too hot here.

My last WFH day.  I will really miss the extra sleep in the morning.  I'm planning to take extra vacation time over the next few months, like most Fridays off.  My company has a policy of paying out any vacation (over 160 hours) not used by Sept. 30th.  I started that annual period with 160 hours, plus will earn another 3 weeks.  Since my cruise had to be postponed to next year, I have vacation time to burn!  So why not use it to limit my time in the office to 4 days/week.  I could get used to a 3-day weekend every week!

Speaking of vacation, my H and I have been trying to look to the future.  In our perfect vision, we'd take a couple long weekends.  A beach trip to FL sometime in the summer and then a trip to NYC in the fall.  But any of that depends on two depressing factors...what's going on with the virus, but also what is happening with our finances.

Don't have anything planned for the weekend.  Another snoozer, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    charlotte989875ei34OliveOilsMom
  • Happy that it's Friday! Today it's going to be in the 70s but we're supposed to get some major thunderstorms with hail - hopefully it won't scare the baby. I would've loved to go on a walk with her on my lunch break but that won't happen. I'm so sick of the crappy weather.

I made the decision to bring the baby to my in-laws tomorrow. Phase 1 starts in my region today, which meant that you could have gatherings of no more than 10 people but the governor extended the no-contact order through May 28th as of last night. My MIL is going to start watching her in a few weeks when we go back to work so we have to start going over there sometime so she doesn't freak out when mom and dad leave her. 
    charlotte989875OliveOilsMom
  • Happy that it's Friday! Today it's going to be in the 70s but we're supposed to get some major thunderstorms with hail - hopefully it won't scare the baby. I would've loved to go on a walk with her on my lunch break but that won't happen. I'm so sick of the crappy weather.

I made the decision to bring the baby to my in-laws tomorrow. Phase 1 starts in my region today, which meant that you could have gatherings of no more than 10 people but the governor extended the no-contact order through May 28th as of last night. My MIL is going to start watching her in a few weeks when we go back to work so we have to start going over there sometime so she doesn't freak out when mom and dad leave her. 
    Hope phase 1 and the visits go well for you! 

@climbingwife we’re also in the extended Pause order until June 15. My company was WFH until then anyway, but it’s tough. At least, up here, trails are open still so at least we can get out! 
    cupcait927climbingsingle
  • It’s warm and (temporarily) not raining! We’re supposed to get storms later but until then we’ve got the windows open and it’s beautiful. I even wore a tshirt dress today, finally no more pants! 

H is going to pick up wood samples tonight for us to pick the flooring for the upstairs! We’re so close to ridding the house of all the old carpet and I can’t wait. 
    cupcait927short+sassyILoveBeachMusic
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited May 2020
    I was up all night with storms too. AND it looks like its raining all weekend for us too.  I hear Pritzker is on phase 3 for most of Illinois (most of what you consider 1’since we put in phases we already were in when we created it) Which didn't make sense since we had the highest death count just yesterday? I think we have phase 1-5 because we were told if we digress we can move back phases and even back to 1 if it gets to that.  I don’t think our own company is rushing back into the office since there’s no major need and we’re all working from home rather well. 

Edit:  i meant degress didn’t I?

Bad news yesterday.  I wasn't approved for a home equity line of credit so now I am going to try a remodel loan. The appraisal on my house was BS.

@climbingwife, so glad you can get away.  And if you go once - you can go another time too... think about other weekends.  Especially the long one.

climbingsingleOliveOilsMom
  • So apparently we're starting Phase 1 of opening ....

This entire thing is just making me emotional and angry, which both are feeding each other.
    I can go to a FUCKING STORE but I cannot visit my mother? {no, we cannot social distance visit - we tried and failed}
    Apparently they're trying to figure out what the best options are {joint family bubbles is apparently an option ...}

M is playing hooky today and I'll likely this afternoon - I have zoom call this morning - and we've both realized we are at a level of stress it's affecting us {his sleep is fucked, I'm an emotional mess ....}

Side note: people opening shit right before a long weekend is stupid and idgaf who you are ....
  • Beautiful day here - sunny and near 70 degrees.  We are grilling out tonight and enjoying the weather.  It's supposed to rain most of the weekend.  I do need to make a Walmart run so will probably do that Saturday.  We also want to get our planter for the step so might go to the greenhouse this weekend.

Our state's stay at home order expires on Sunday.  Retail stores can open with 50% capacity, restaurants are still on curbside pick up and folks can meet up in groups of 10 or less.  Hair salons, nail salons and restaurants will open June first if they have written safety plans.  I have a nail appointment/pedi on June 2nd and haircut scheduled for June 5th.  l can't wait.

We will take my mom around to the cemeteries next weekend to put flowers on the graves.  It'll be nice to spend some time with her even if it's with masks on and social distancing as much as possible.

@climbingwife, I'm glad you are able to get away this weekend.  I can't imagine how difficult this is for you.

climbingsinglelevioosaOliveOilsMom
  • On the news today, in the entertainment segment, they were talking about the movie “the wrong missy” and I immediately recognized who Missy was.  Or I thought I did anyway.  He said “it stars David Spade and Orange is the New Black’s Lauren Lapkus” and Im like “no!  That’s the comedian from Brooklyn 911.  Who’s Lauren Lapkus?”  Did they get it wrong?”

Tell me Chelsea Peretti and Lauren Lapkus are different people?

kvruns
  • So apparently we're starting Phase 1 of opening ....

This entire thing is just making me emotional and angry, which both are feeding each other.
    I can go to a FUCKING STORE but I cannot visit my mother? {no, we cannot social distance visit - we tried and failed}
    Apparently they're trying to figure out what the best options are {joint family bubbles is apparently an option ...}

M is playing hooky today and I'll likely this afternoon - I have zoom call this morning - and we've both realized we are at a level of stress it's affecting us {his sleep is fucked, I'm an emotional mess ....}

Side note: people opening shit right before a long weekend is stupid and idgaf who you are ....
    It's frustrating and I get it.   I haven't seen my parents since February other than via video.

However she and my dad are independent and can get to feed and cook for themselves.   And both are older with high blood pressure, dad is overweight and a type II diabetic and 71.    I'm isolating and also know it's not worth exposing just in case DH brought home something when he went to work this week and got tested or when he went to the store. 

But PLEASE understand that there's a huge difference between being able to get the food and items that sustain your live and the ability to have social visits.   You and your mom may be OK to see just each other and no one else however the reopening in other places and stories shared here are proving that not everyone has that control or care.   And if people do not continue to do this then we are going to continue to see spikes and deaths.    

My hometown in CT has 5 kids diagnosed and 80 deaths from COVID.  When you see what this is doing in areas of denser populations it proves that this is the only way to slow the spread of the virus. 
    charlotte989875OliveOilsMomclimbingsingleei34
  • @ILoveBeachMusic, wearing masks when in public is mandatory anyway, where I am.  Not that everyone does (eyeroll). Though one exception...which I agree with...is outdoor spaces (jogging, walking, cycling, etc.), as long as people are social distancing.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ILoveBeachMusic, wearing masks when in public is mandatory anyway, where I am.  Not that everyone does (eyeroll). Though one exception...which I agree with...is outdoor spaces (jogging, walking, cycling, etc.), as long as people are social distancing.  
    Unfortunately it isn't mandatory everywhere when in public and of course you are right about people not complying. You know because their civil rights are being violated (sarcastic font we need you!). I yes, outdoor spaces aren't really an issue if distancing is followed.

• We got some rain overnight but it is gorgeous outside right now!  We ran out of propane yesterday when H was trying to grill some burgers.  We are going to get some later today, its too nice to not grill!

I have a few plants to put in the ground over the weekend.  But not much else going on around here.  

Climbing - Glad that you can get out for the weekend and that at least STBxH took the letter ok.  Even with the extended Stay at Home order, are you not allowed to move?  In NJ that was one of the exceptions to the Stay at Home order.
    charlotte989875
  • I see so many people in my Facebook feed stomping their toddler feet talking about their rights to not wear a mask, the need to reopen all the things because the virus is a hoax and how the second wave is a conspiracy created by the government and not, you know, science.

• banana468 said:
    I see so many people in my Facebook feed stomping their toddler feet talking about their rights to not wear a mask, the need to reopen all the things because the virus is a hoax and how the second wave is a conspiracy created by the government and not, you know, science.

I totally agree. Those people need to go spend a day in the Covid unit of any hospital and then they will know it isn't a hoax.
    banana468
  • banana468 said:
    I see so many people in my Facebook feed stomping their toddler feet talking about their rights to not wear a mask, the need to reopen all the things because the virus is a hoax and how the second wave is a conspiracy created by the government and not, you know, science.

I totally agree. Those people need to go spend a day in the Covid unit of any hospital and then they will know it isn't a hoax.
    Agreed.  

My point above though is that YOU @Il@ILoveBeachMusic appear to be a trustworthy individual taking the proper precautions. 

There are others that I know and even love and i question if they are actually following all of the proper protocols. 
    ILoveBeachMusiccharlotte989875ei34OliveOilsMom
  • ei34ei34 member
    @ILoveBeachMusic I'm where you are.  I've gone out for groceries once a week tops, appropriately masked, and that's the same for my siblings.  My parents have had groceries delivered/we've dropped items off for them.  Obviously my kids and nieces/nephews haven't been in any stores.  I am starting to wonder at what point I can gather with them in one of our backyards.  (Like my parents and two sibs did last month for that Cherry Blossom gathering I was annoyed about.)  I'm 100% fine with malls, nail/hair salons, stadiums, etc. being closed and concerts and events being canceled but when can I see my immediate family in person, in a backyard?  This has been my reality since mid-March and I'll keep it up but I can't help but wonder when I can.

@climbingwife I'm glad you're getting a change of scenery this weekend.
    charlotte989875
  • I’m seeing my immediate family now. I live alone and need to interact with humans. 
  • A good friend of mine is a nurse and lives super close to us.  I am going to bring him dinner tonight (he is also gluten free so he knows he can trust anything I make).  I am taking him some swedish meatballs tonight.  He gives the best hugs, so not hugging him will be hard but getting sick would be worse.   I just feel frustrated and helpless so I am looking for things I CAN do like cook for a nurse friend, donate extra food and money to the food bank, arrange to have the plums on our trees donated to food banks.  Those sort of things. 

charlotte989875OliveOilsMomshort+sassy
  • ei34ei34 member
    @STARMOON44 that makes sense.  My brother lives alone and visits my parents in their yard a couple times a week.  I get that.
  • ei34 said:
    @ILoveBeachMusic I'm where you are.  I've gone out for groceries once a week tops, appropriately masked, and that's the same for my siblings.  My parents have had groceries delivered/we've dropped items off for them.  Obviously my kids and nieces/nephews haven't been in any stores.  I am starting to wonder at what point I can gather with them in one of our backyards.  (Like my parents and two sibs did last month for that Cherry Blossom gathering I was annoyed about.)  I'm 100% fine with malls, nail/hair salons, stadiums, etc. being closed and concerts and events being canceled but when can I see my immediate family in person, in a backyard?  This has been my reality since mid-March and I'll keep it up but I can't help but wonder when I can.

@climbingwife I'm glad you're getting a change of scenery this weekend.
    If I were you, I would see them if everyone has been as careful as you say. Human interaction is very important for mental health. My youngest son has been with us for almost a month and a half. He waited for 2 and half weeks after starting to work from home to make sure he didn't come down with the virus then he came here. He lives alone and was really missing human contact. He also tends to get very anxious so it has been good that he has had us to talk him down a couple of times. Good luck with your decision - only you can decide on your level of comfort about being around your family. 
    short+sassykvrunscharlotte989875
  • @cupcait927, I think this has been so hard on seniors who tend to be isolated anyway. My 96 year old FIL lives alone. My SIL has been dropping groceries off but not seeing him. My H finally convinced her she should go in and spend some time with him. She has been home since mid March only going to the grocery. He's lucky because he is safer at home than in a nursing home but the lack of human contact can be awful. Luckily he is computer literate so reads and corresponds with people by email. 
    short+sassy
  • I really want to see and hang out with FSIL but I’m still annoyed she hasn’t been distancing appropriately from other FSIL who has been going out like COVID doesn’t even exist. 

charlotte989875
  • My take as someone who is at a higher risk of complications if I get it:

Stay home. 

But if you’re taking all the precautions (masks, hand washing, true social distancing, not congregating in large groups, minimal stores) and you know the people you’re planning on seeing are taking the same precautions then you can maybe see a limited number of people. 

But honestly, do you know everyone you’re seeing is taking it as serious as you are? Are the people they are seeing taking it seriously? We absolutely need human interaction, but we also need to be careful. I’m in an area where hospitalizations have increased after a week long decrease. People are not taking things seriously (lots of people without masks even when they’re required, congregating in large groups etc.). 
    Casadenashort+sassylevioosa
  • @cupcait927, I think this has been so hard on seniors who tend to be isolated anyway. My 96 year old FIL lives alone. My SIL has been dropping groceries off but not seeing him. My H finally convinced her she should go in and spend some time with him. She has been home since mid March only going to the grocery. He's lucky because he is safer at home than in a nursing home but the lack of human contact can be awful. Luckily he is computer literate so reads and corresponds with people by email. 
    My dad who is 73 and lives alone refuses to stop going to see my sister and my nephew and is at the grocery store every day. He's also someone who thinks this is way overblown but I needed to get him a thermometer 6 weeks ago when he thought he might be getting sick. I will not be seeing him anytime soon. 

My grandmother is in the nursing home and is currently in isolation for another week after contracting Covid-19. While she is recovering quite well physically, her mental health is a wreck. That's why my mom won't even step foot outside her house unless it's to walk in empty parks - she doesn't want to get her mom sick again when she can see her and doesn't want to delay a visit because she didn't stay distanced when she had to. 

When we visit my in-laws this weekend, we'll be outside, we'll wear masks and wash and sanitize thoroughly. By no means are we going to start going nuts with visits and going places. The fact that the dog park, skate park and public restrooms at parks all open up this weekend is frightening to me because it's a breeding ground for infection. Someone posted on FB today that the main street in my town was packed with people and very few were wearing masks. 
    charlotte989875kvruns