Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

who starts the wedding?

and how do we know when it's time to walk down the aisle?

i really don't want to have to hire a corrdinator and i'm not sure if there's staff at the venue for such thing.

Re: who starts the wedding?

• Options
    If you practive the day before, just remember at what point in the music you enter on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    Yes the 'music' usually starts the wedding, You can also have the pastor say something 5-10 minutes before just to let people know to sit down if you are worried about it being chaotic, but thats not necissary imo but I have seen it done.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    My day-of coordinator handled it, but if I hadn't had one, I'm sure the pastor taking his place would have cued the musicians to start.
  • Options
    ok so my officiant will? i'm just a little worried.
  • Options
    TiffannieFTiffannieF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    You should have a coordinator, either the church/venue *may* provide one or a friend can do this.  I had a friend who volunteered to be a DOC.  I specifically told her what time to start the ceremony as well as what time to get people lined up.  She discussed with the musicians a signal to let them know when everybody was ready to start walking down the aisle.

ETA:  We had the parents walk first, the officiant and men came out from the side, FG/RB, BMs, then my father and I.  Everybody processed to the same song with the exception of my father and I.  The musicians stopped playing when they saw everybody at the altar then started the procession song for my father and I which let us know when to start walking.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    it's only going to be my fiance and i walking together so it's going to be a little short.. i feel like it's going to be weird but that's what i want to do. good idea about having a friend do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards