Wedding Woes

Feeling guilt of a wedding reception

2»

Re: Feeling guilt of a wedding reception

• @MesmrEwe, actually, people aren't smart. They mistakenly believe that the mask protects them and that they can choose for themselves whether to wear one. But the truth is that social, non-medical mask wearing protects the other person FROM you. So people who decide mask wearing is optional are essentially choosing not to protect the other people at the event.
  • MesmrEwe said:
    I personally would take the financial hit or move it to next year. But inviting up to 100 people to all gather together during this is crazy to me. Also there is likely to be a second wave in the fall.

But if you are going to do it please make masks mandatory. You simply say on your invite that attendees will be required to wear them and you understand if they don't want to attend. 
    Unless the venue or municipality is requiring them at that point in time, this is like mandating your guests to wear all pepto pink or they'll be turned away at the door.  There is a difference between "We encourage guests to wear pink" and "You are required to wear pepto pink if you want to attend our wedding!"  The only time attire should be specified is if the event is Black/White Tie or if the attire is mandated by the venue.  
    Wow. You've posted a lot of asinine stuff on the boards, but this takes the cake. Are you just trolling now? 
  • STARMOON44STARMOON44 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2020
    MesmrEwe said:
    I personally would take the financial hit or move it to next year. But inviting up to 100 people to all gather together during this is crazy to me. Also there is likely to be a second wave in the fall.

But if you are going to do it please make masks mandatory. You simply say on your invite that attendees will be required to wear them and you understand if they don't want to attend. 
    Unless the venue or municipality is requiring them at that point in time, this is like mandating your guests to wear all pepto pink or they'll be turned away at the door.  There is a difference between "We encourage guests to wear pink" and "You are required to wear pepto pink if you want to attend our wedding!"  The only time attire should be specified is if the event is Black/White Tie or if the attire is mandated by the venue.  

This is the single most ridiculous take I’ve ever seen on this website.