Wedding Woes
Options

Prudie Day

How's everyone?  Today's my mom's birthday, going swimming shortly.  The kids just had to finish a book they wrote/illustrated for her.  Page two "Then Nana had cherry pie and croissants for breakfast" (<- not spelled that way).  Hope everyone is staying well.

Re: Prudie Day

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm here, I'm getting into my "annoyed with work" funk which happens around this time every year since it is my busy season. Fortunately it should be over by the end of the month. I am going to take a week off in August since my week off in June got interrupted, just have to figure out if DH is going on his car show trip in August or not before I pick a week. 
  • Options
    BabyKitten has been sleeping better now that some molars have popped. She's been so tired, you can tell she's trying to catch up.

Our breadmaker came in! I may try to make some later, but we'll see.

I've been going into the office 2-3x a week, and I forgot how exhausting that is lol
  • Options
    I am over the gross cloudy days.   It's summer and if I wanted it to look like this every day I'd move to Ireland or the Pacific NW.   Even my pale skin needs sunshine!

• Options
    Good morning!  I slept well for the first time in quite a while last night, and H got up with the baby at 5:30 and let me sleep til 7!!!!!!  Very excited and feeling really good.  

It's been really frustrating for both of us to have a messy house all the time (baby, WFH, eating 3 meals a day at home together...etc).  We've designated Wed nights as cleaning night and last night was our first "official" one.  It also feels great to wake up to a clean house.

SIL/BIL called last night and offered us a ton of stuff from their very large garden so we are picking up some things on Friday.  It will be super great to see them (we haven't since early March!) but will stay distant in their backyard for a bit.  They'll be shocked at how huge the baby is :)  I'm going to do a Whole Foods delivery from Amazon this weekend for the first time after we see what we can get from them.  We're out of chicken, cheese and eggs and our food is getting super boring.  

Excited for Prudie!
  • Options
    I'm in the office. Bleh. I guess it's a nice break from being home with Fuckface and Loser Brother. 

Did anyone see that story about Naya Rivera missing? Crazy. 
    I just saw that on the news!!  How bizarre and sad. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2020
    Nana knows what the breakfast of champions is all about @ei34.  I’ll take a slice of that cherry pie. 
    Going into work IS exhausting @MissKittyDanger, I must admit I miss the social interaction and I was getting tired of daytime TV, but wfh had it’s perks.

The dentist I’ve been using for years and years reopened, but cut their hours, making it impossible for me to get there now. I bet the new hours will be permanent, so I found someone new, which I go to tomorrow.  But my old dentist is not sending me my files!  Wondering if I should pick them up but can only do that if I get out of work early tomorrow.  So annoyed.  I have special complicated teeth and my new dentist needs the looooooong history on them. Lol

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2020
    Casadena said:
    I'm in the office. Bleh. I guess it's a nice break from being home with Fuckface and Loser Brother. 

Did anyone see that story about Naya Rivera missing? Crazy. 
    I just saw that on the news!!  How bizarre and sad. 
    I saw that too.  How scary for her son being stranded on the boat.  My fingers are crossed, but I don't have a good feeling about how it will turn out. 

There is something with that cast.  They're all kind of a mess, in very tragic ways. 

We're leaving for our camping/boating trip later today.  DH is off and I'm playing hooky a couple hours at the end of the day.

I'm furiously refreshing because waiting for the SCOTUS decisions is making me nervous.  Also, I just read a thread that brought up SO MANY good questions about reopening schools.  And this whole back and forth between the admin and CDC about school reopening guidelines is  like watching a ping pong game, but the nation is the ball.  I also need to stop reading my town's chatter page.  People are fucking stupid. 

Glad I'll barely have cell service this weekend as it's very spotty in the park and on the water.  
  • Options
    @ei34, it's my H's birthday today also!  Your kid's present to grandma sounds super adorable!  I would also like to place an order for cherry pie and croissants for breakfast, lol.

The good news and bad news from yesterday's tenant moving out.  They did move out and we changed the locks (phew!).  SO glad to have them gone, though the timing is bad for me.  I also found out more sketchy stuff about them from the neighbors, but it's not worth getting into.  But the bad news, as we kinda expected, there was a lot of damage to the place (sigh).  Nothing purposeful, just people who don't give a s**t.  Which is just like they were about all the noise complaints, so I didn't expect they'd be much different in how they took care of the house.

They ruined both the kitchen counters AND the kitchen sink by cutting food directly on them, without using a cutting board.  Why would you cut anything on a kitchen sink?  That's a good question, lol.  But there were deep gouge marks (it's a thick acrylic that looks like porcelain) from a knife in many places.  The whole place will need to be repainted because the walls are terrible now and there are some gouged areas where they were not careful with furniture or whatever.  The four bedrooms are carpeted with a dark blue carpet.  The carpets actually still look good, but in two of the rooms they REEK of urine!  And, no, they didn't have pets.  That would be human urine.  Awesome.  We're hoping to get the smell out with steam cleaning but, more likely, we'll need to replace the flooring in those two rooms.  There was a bunch of small repairs needed also, but those were the big-ticket items.

On the bright side, we are having PHENOMENAL results with our rental ad for the unit we have right now on our rehabbed duplex.  I spent 3 hours last night replying to DMs on Facebook while juggling multiple chats with people setting up showings.  I was so worried about how COVID would affect interest in showings but this is biggest response I've ever had from a rental ad.  Showings started about an hour ago and we already have an application turned in.  Overall, it's great!  But it's also stressful and both myself and my H are feeling the pressure.  He's the one doing the showings today and tomorrow, since I work.  But I'll be handling the ones on Saturday.

We're actually almost done with Unit #3, which will look very similar.  I'm hoping we get multiple qualified applicants and perhaps can parlay that into finding good tenants for both units.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Today is bullshit. I started getting texts about work forty minutes before I was even scheduled to come in. We’re so short staffed I’m seeing red. This company only cares about profit and I’m honestly ready to quit if this how they expect us to work. Our clinic will not be able to function today. I’m so angry. And they want me to start working saturdays in addition to my other five days “for coverage.” 

• Options
    Yikes @short+sassy !  Maybe drunken party antics = cutting and urinating where you shouldn't?  

I remember a story years ago that my boss at the time had his then GF's sister and BF come stay with him in his hotel when he was on a business trip.   They hung out and went to bars and he woke up to hear the BF who was SUUUPER drunk peeing in a potted plant. 
  • Options
    @short+sassy or hope they had kids for another logical explanation? 

it did remind me if this:

• Options
    The school mess is heating up here, too. Our schools start abnormally early (usually somewhere around August 5-10), so there's not much time left to make a decision. There was a lot of conversation around delaying the school year, but I don't think it's going to happen. It doesn't sound like districts are going to do any hybrid; it's either you come or you don't and they're not even going to pretend to try to make kids wear masks. Meanwhile, cities and counties are waging war with the governor and imposing mask requirements in contradiction to his order that they can't. I need to move.

Otherwise, not much going on. I put in for a couple of vacation days in two weeks, but now I wish it were tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend. We don't have any projects lined up. I'm hoping to catch up on sleep and do some reading. 
  • Options
    The school thing is making me nervous too.   I feel lucky that I'm in a county in a state that's doing well but also know that can turn quickly and as DH says, "Statistics don't matter to the individual."   Really trying to balance my rational concerns about distance learning and COVID spread with how this can be implemented.  
  • Options
    STARMOON44STARMOON44 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2020
    Went and got a Covid text this morning because I woke up with GI symptoms. That I think are probably from too much sangria but figured I should check. Test itself was totally fine but waiting in line in the sun for an hour was brutal!
  • Options
    @climbingwife I saw it. The worst part is her son was found {alive} in the boat and said she jumped in :( he is going to need therapy if it comes back she is dead
  • Options
    We're slated to start 07/29 because we have a balanced calendar.  They just updated mask guidelines to basically wearing them all the time.  Our numbers have remained steady, but they're starting to creep up.  Our state school board also voted that districts can opt to give incoming 4th graders the standardized tests they missed as 3rd graders in the spring.  The superintendent of education was the lone vote against it. 

DefConn will probably fail if it's given to him (he's dyslexic, and it's a reading based test).  There seems to be some murkiness whether or not funding will be tied to administering the testing.  

If school doesn't get pushed back, I have a feeling that we're going to shut down if there's a spike in cases.  I'm kind of hoping they push start dates, even if it means a last minute decision.  I know that's easy for me to say since I WFH and it won't affect what's been my life for the last 6 months.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    We're slated to start 07/29 because we have a balanced calendar.  They just updated mask guidelines to basically wearing them all the time.  Our numbers have remained steady, but they're starting to creep up.  Our state school board also voted that districts can opt to give incoming 4th graders the standardized tests they missed as 3rd graders in the spring.  The superintendent of education was the lone vote against it. 

DefConn will probably fail if it's given to him (he's dyslexic, and it's a reading based test).  There seems to be some murkiness whether or not funding will be tied to administering the testing.  

If school doesn't get pushed back, I have a feeling that we're going to shut down if there's a spike in cases.  I'm kind of hoping they push start dates, even if it means a last minute decision.  I know that's easy for me to say since I WFH and it won't affect what's been my life for the last 6 months.  
    I'm in a similar spot.   The biggest change I'd have to make to my job w/ working from home and kids distance learning was telling them that any travel is off limits for me.   

Chiquito is struggling.   He's learning his words and the tutor is here 2 x a week and distance learning did not work for him.  

However the learning plan rolled out by the state has not been addressed by the teachers and I am curious to see what their plan is for any of this down to how will they be forced to use sick days and absences and how does the school/class handle any confirmed case?    We're already pretty much agreeing that the kids aren't taking the bus and now in separate schools it means that we're either sharing the burden of who drives which child or I'm in and out of the house in the morning and afternoon EVERY DAY.  

• Options
    Side note - we are potty training this month.

Downside is we can't go anywhere for awhile

Upside is getting a new couch sooner than originally planned lmao!
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Yikes @short+sassy !  Maybe drunken party antics = cutting and urinating where you shouldn't?  

I remember a story years ago that my boss at the time had his then GF's sister and BF come stay with him in his hotel when he was on a business trip.   They hung out and went to bars and he woke up to hear the BF who was SUUUPER drunk peeing in a potted plant. 
    They had a lot of big, drunken parties so there is no telling.  That wouldn't surprise me.

@CharmedPam, There was one young child listed on the lease (about 2).  But there were two other toddlers (about 2 and 3) that I saw all the time and I suspect also lived there.  They all were always wearing diapers when I saw them, but maybe there were a lot of accidents and the people there didn't bother blotting up/wiping the urine off the carpet. 

For carpet clean-up, I would prefer semen.  At least it doesn't have a strong smell, like urine, lol.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Dresses!  Put her in dresses if you need to be outside!   That was the BEST thing about having a girl PTing in the summer. 
  • Options

Hmmm...did you all come visit my most recent ex-tenants?  lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I saw above post, but is there more to ex-tenants?
  • Options
    banana468 said:

Dresses!  Put her in dresses if you need to be outside!   That was the BEST thing about having a girl PTing in the summer. 
    M is with her first week, so I did suggest dresses or even some of her long tshirts if he wants to be in the backyard {water table} some days :)

Kinda sucks we have to be home but I've told MIL and my mum they can come visit us lol
    It's gonna be a disaster on the 27th because she has to be at my mum's place since I have dr appt but I'm hoping we're in a better spot since it's week 2
  • Options
    banana468 said:

M is with her first week, so I did suggest dresses or even some of her long tshirts if he wants to be in the backyard {water table} some days :)

Kinda sucks we have to be home but I've told MIL and my mum they can come visit us lol
    It's gonna be a disaster on the 27th because she has to be at my mum's place since I have dr appt but I'm hoping we're in a better spot since it's week 2
    I mean people potty train all the time and still leave the house? I don’t really get why you’d need to not leave for two weeks? All of my friends have their kids in day care and until this shut down just staying home for more than a weekend was not an option. 
  • Options

I saw above post, but is there more to ex-tenants?
    No, those are the same ones I was referring to, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I only have three words to describe today.

Stupid lady parts. 

• Options
    banana468 said:

I mean people potty train all the time and still leave the house? I don’t really get why you’d need to not leave for two weeks? All of my friends have their kids in day care and until this shut down just staying home for more than a weekend was not an option. 
    FWIW, in my experience it helped to start underwear free and do it for days.   The kid also needed to be ON BOARD.   Any time it was the parents who thought it was time and not the kid who wanted to do it the accidents increased.  So sure, parents who pushed it left the house with the kids but they are also the people who carted their kids out of the middle of events, restaurants, etc to do a wardrobe change.  

We'd try a holiday weekend and start in the morning going pullup free and in undies.   Offer tons of trips to the bathroom, force to go before car trips and pack tons of spare clothes and a dry bag to hold the pee clothing.   Generally 1/2 hour max is what the kid can tolerate in the car at the earliest stages and by day 3 no more accidents. 

Yeah my kids PT-d at daycare for a while too but daycare has spare clothes for the kids and THEY did the changing when they got pee-soaked.   Makes a trip for ice cream a little sloppier when you think your kid is about to make a deposit outside the DQ on no notice.   Chiquita peed right on MIL and FIL's deck when she was in her first weekend PT-ing.   
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Happy birthday to your H @short+sassy

Schools re-opening is so hard.  Trump has obviously made it even more controversial.  We don't start until after Labor Day so there's time to make decisions, although all schools have to submit their plans to the Governor soon.  It's so school and student specific that there just isn't a one-size-fits-all solution.  I just hope that the district I work in and my kids' district have similar plans- in a perfect world, if it's a in-person/virtual hybrid, I'd be home the same days my kids are.  And they'd all be home the same days.  H is an essential employee and can't WFH.  I'm pretty stressed about it all.