Wedding Woes

Monday

2»

Re: Monday

• I’m so sorry @ei34. Sending healing vibes and good thoughts your way! I had to send a kid to the hospital for that the other day too. It’s scary. And call off if you need to. Your child is in the hospital.

A little of a mess of a Monday. One of my staff called off for the rest of the week. Another one made a pretty serious error that’s going to result in definite discipline and it’s really unfortunate. No one was hurt (except the corporate $$$). I’m just hoping it stops at least at a written warning. 

Otherwise SSDD. 

Congrats to H! @charlotte989875

that quilt is beautiful! @missJeanLouise

• @ei34 Ignore previous comment, ended up googling. Yikes. Speedy recovery for DS!
  • I'm doing it tomorrow, but I'm signing up for my exam February 4th.

Yikes on bikes.
    {someone here said that. I like it lol}
  • levioosa said:
    I’m so sorry @ei34. Sending healing vibes and good thoughts your way! I had to send a kid to the hospital for that the other day too. It’s scary. And call off if you need to. Your child is in the hospital.

A little of a mess of a Monday. One of my staff called off for the rest of the week. Another one made a pretty serious error that’s going to result in definite discipline and it’s really unfortunate. No one was hurt (except the corporate $$$). I’m just hoping it stops at least at a written warning. 

Otherwise SSDD. 

Congrats to H! @charlotte989875

that quilt is beautiful! @missJeanLouise
    It sounds like you don't want anything too bad to happen to this employee.  In a previous job I had an employee I knew was getting fired and you just hate it, even if it is out of your control.  In what feels like another lifetime, lol, I managed a gas station/convenience store that was part of a national chain, ie not a franchise.

Louisiana does regular BAR (it's an acronym) audits, which involves them sending people out who are over 21 but under 30 to go buy alcohol or cigarettes.  If you ask for their ID, they give you a green (pass) card.  If you ring up the sale and tell them the total, without asking for ID, they give you a red (fail) card. The state law is "if someone looks under 30, you have to ask for their id".  Our company's policy was "if someone looks under 40."  And it was an automatic firing if you got a "red/fail" card.

I was doing paperwork one shift and an employee came over to me looking sad.  She handed me one of those red BAR cards.  We both knew what that meant.  I had a pit in my stomach with her!  She was a really good worker and a good person.  I advised her to still come in for every shift she had, because it was going to take a few days before corporate got involved and she might as well make as much money as she could.  I also gave her my personal cell number and told her she could use me for a good reference.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948 said:
    @ei34, best wishes for your son's recovery.

My mom is also in the hospital and will be there for a week or so. She had to go to the emergency room on Saturday - my dad's birthday. Sucks for them both. My dad and I will have to have Thanksgiving by ourselves while my mom is in the hospital. She doesn't want me to visit her because of Covid, which I understand and support. Yet I still feel sad that she will be there on her own over a holiday.
    I'm sorry to hear that @Jen4948 - I hope it is just a week and not longer.  It's so hard for someone to be in a hospital and not be able to visit them.  

• Oh @Jen4948 I hope she gets well quickly!
  • Jen4948 said:
    @ei34, best wishes for your son's recovery.

My mom is also in the hospital and will be there for a week or so. She had to go to the emergency room on Saturday - my dad's birthday. Sucks for them both. My dad and I will have to have Thanksgiving by ourselves while my mom is in the hospital. She doesn't want me to visit her because of Covid, which I understand and support. Yet I still feel sad that she will be there on her own over a holiday.
    I'm sorry to hear that!  Ts and Ps for you and your family.  I hope your mom gets well soon and is feeling much better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @jen4948 I hope your mom is feeling better soon and can come home soon 
  • Thanks everyone!