Wedding Woes
Options

Thanksgiving Friday!

Hope everyone had safe, tasty, happy Thanksgivings yesterday for those that celebrated!

We went to get our Christmas tree this morning before H heads to camp for the weekend!

Re: Thanksgiving Friday!

• Options
    Fun times @charlotte989875, that used to be an annual tradition for our family too and my brother is carrying it on!

I’ve been watching Gilmore Girls since 3 pm yesterday and that makes me happy.  My meal yesterday was just leftovers, but today I woke up to make crock pot soup, put up the tree and decorate.  As I was putting a bow on one of my mini decorative mirrors, it came crashing  down and smashed on the floor.  I looked it up, and while some cultures believe it’s bad luck to break a mirror or glass, others believe it’s good luck.  I will now follow those traditions. 

• Options
    FI and I are off today so we’re just relaxing at the moment. We might decorate later. Honestly this is the cleanest our house has ever been with a holiday...or even a normal weekend with FSIL and FBIL, so it’s nice to enjoy it and not be stressed about cleaning up. Food yesterday was great. I’m happy about having left overs. The only thing that didn’t turn out was the pumpkin pie. My first attempt at pie crust was a major fail. Then I didn’t add any sugar because I used sweetened condensed milk and I thought that would be enough sweetness but I’m pretty sure I should have added the extra sugar. I haven’t even tried a piece yet because the pie just looks so sad. 

I’m so excited about this four day weekend. I need a break. I’m working on Christmas shopping and hope I can finish in the next few day. I’m doing most of it from the comfort of my couch and I have zero problems with that. 

I hope everyone had a good and safe holiday! 

• Options
    Very quiet day today. Rainy so I didn't go out.

My mom seems better (talked to her on the phone) but my dad can no longer visit her at the hospital as of today. He asked me to socially distance from him (up until my mom got sick I visited my parents but other than a few live job interviews (yes, I know-??? It annoys me too. Most have been online) and essential errands like grocery shopping I haven't been going anywhere else or seeing anyone live). 

No $, nothing to do, no one to see.