Wedding Woes
Options

The Airing of Grievances

2»

Re: The Airing of Grievances

• Options
    My gripe as of ten minutes ago. I’m getting sent to another site on Monday that is two fucking hours from my house. I already drive an hour to work every day. This is bullshit. 

• Options
    Renovation,  all of it. We’re taking more time finding out we need a certIn tool or item, stopping what we’re doing, and going to home depot for it. 

• Options
    @levioosa That's a ridiculously long commute, especially for a Monday.  I hope it isn't permanent, is it?

• Options
    @kerbohl no, not permanently. I’m salty because it’s the Monday after Christmas, it was going to be a nice open day at my home site for catching up on work, and because it’s going to be raining/snowing and it’s a dangerous drive up a mountain pass. 

• Options
    @levioosa It also sucks too that it's a Monday.  Who wants to do an extra hour commute on a Monday?  Ick - I'm sorry you are going to have a crappy Monday.  I hope that the weather doesn't turn out too dangerous!

• Options
    Late, but FIL talked about dead people ad nauseam for three fucking days. Yes, his brother just died and yes, his other brother died around Christmas 10+ years ago.  But Christ on a cracker, grief is not a competition (yes, he had the audacity to tell me that he knows more than anyone about grief). Also IDK...but I think this was my first Christmas without my mom and I tried really hard not to focus on that for my kids and my own sanity.  He is so suffocating sometimes (ok...a lot of times). 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Late, but FIL talked about dead people ad nauseam for three fucking days. Yes, his brother just died and yes, his other brother died around Christmas 10+ years ago.  But Christ on a cracker, grief is not a competition (yes, he had the audacity to tell me that he knows more than anyone about grief). Also IDK...but I think this was my first Christmas without my mom and I tried really hard not to focus on that for my kids and my own sanity.  He is so suffocating sometimes (ok...a lot of times). 
    My MIL pulled a line like that about a week or so after my aunt dropped dead.  My aunt who was my Godmother and I'm 40 so I think I've known her for oh.....FORTY YEARS?!?   The comment was something like, "You know I lost a friend too."    I really wanted to yell out, "THIS ISN'T A FUCKING CONTEST!  WE ALL GET TO BE SAD!"  Everyone gets to feel her loss but you can CHECK YOURSELF if you want to start to make it feel like there's a hierarchy here. 

Instead I vented to DH about his mother and knew that while we get along there is nothing we can do to change her inherent personality. 
    Oh yeah, DH was OVER his shit.  He was just like, "OMG, he did not stop for three days. I hate that he's like this."   

I know I shouldn't compare my dad and FIL in my head, but I can't help it. My dad, almost 8 months on, is doing way better in not being a disaster than FIL, who's been a widower for 5+ years. Even DH prefers spending time with my dad.  *sigh*   
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    My MIL pulled a line like that about a week or so after my aunt dropped dead.  My aunt who was my Godmother and I'm 40 so I think I've known her for oh.....FORTY YEARS?!?   The comment was something like, "You know I lost a friend too."    I really wanted to yell out, "THIS ISN'T A FUCKING CONTEST!  WE ALL GET TO BE SAD!"  Everyone gets to feel her loss but you can CHECK YOURSELF if you want to start to make it feel like there's a hierarchy here. 

Instead I vented to DH about his mother and knew that while we get along there is nothing we can do to change her inherent personality. 
    Oh yeah, DH was OVER his shit.  He was just like, "OMG, he did not stop for three days. I hate that he's like this."   

I know I shouldn't compare my dad and FIL in my head, but I can't help it. My dad, almost 8 months on, is doing way better in not being a disaster than FIL, who's been a widower for 5+ years. Even DH prefers spending time with my dad.  *sigh*   
    For some I think it's just their overall personality.

My uncle ADORED my aunt.  But he's also trying to be positive a lot.  And if stupid Covid wasn't here I'd be more active with him and look forward to the summer when he'll be vaccinated (he gets his first dose in about 2 weeks) and then we can hang out on the boat and do outdoor stuff.

My MIL often means well but is also selfish and can be cheap and plays favorites.   She can be hard to take and I am lucky that thus far I'm still able to metabolize ethanol. 
  • Options
    Y'all heard my short version on FB but, it is 3 days later and I am STILL MAD.
    I don't get mad easy, but, FFS.
    I know fir a fact we told MIL our rules. Bil & sil knew our rules-which were "we'll make exceptions for the kid's under 5, but everyone masks".
    They pt on masks and bil was still a jackass the entire time.
    I shouted. MIL denied it, but she set us up-she knew what was coming at her house but just assumed someone would cave-and they did.
    Still furious.

Also, they are ridiculously absurd in asking preschooler to do things developmentally to far. Its painful to watch