Wedding Woes

Last day of 2020, we made it!

Well we made it to the morning we’ve still got about 15 hours to go (east coast time). 

Anyone have plans for tonight? We’ve got nothing. H is working a half day, baby and I are hanging out. He’s still a little congested so we’re taking it easy. 

Has anyone else started Bridgerton?? 
STARMOON44Jen4948

Re: Last day of 2020, we made it!

• Bridgerton is next after we finish Queen's Gambit.  And if DH won't get on board, I'll watch it myself. 

Podcast rec: Bunga, Bunga about Berlusconi and his rise and fall.  It's hosted by Whitney Cummings and she's excellent (I mean I already love her, but her hosting job is spot-on and really funny). 

We're having our friends we've been hanging with this whole time over tonight.  We're doing Christmas with them.  My tree has a second round of gifts under it and it's making me happy.  We're ordering a whole bunch of Chinese food and playing games.  

Today and tomorrow, DH and his dad are doing bathroom reno at FIL's.  Tomorrow, I'm going to my dad's with DefConn for our traditional New Year's Day 'fiesta' (we make a bunch of tacos and enchiladas).  The kiddo is moving into his apartment on Saturday and we need to deliver the stuff we are storing for them and will help get them settled if they want us to. 

I'm going to take down Christmas this weekend. I also need to clean my office and bedroom. I may even do some closet purging. 
    charlotte989875
  • I’m going to have to check that out @mrsconn23; I’ve been feeling like I need some new shoes I. My podcast rotation. I did just listen to the Harry & Meghan one on Spotify. 
  • It's pretty quiet here. H is wrapping up work for the day already, so he's going to go out and find something to cook tonight. I'm probably working until mid-afternoon, and then we'll start cocktails and probably shoot a little pool before dinner and hanging out with the fire. It's cool and rainy today, so a good day to be home!

I'm planning to start Bridgerton at some point this weekend. H won't go for it, so will have to be when he has something else going on. 

I'm so ready for 2021!
  • I’m going to have to check that out @mrsconn23; I’ve been feeling like I need some new shoes I. My podcast rotation. I did just listen to the Harry & Meghan one on Spotify. 
    No, but I'm going to check it out because I truly have nothing else to listen to today since I've exhausted most of even the ones I wanted to circle back to. 
  • Finished Bridgerton and loved it! I bought myself some very nice champagne and am ordering all my favorite sushi and I can’t wait.  
    MyNameIsNot
  • I haven’t picked up a show since finishing Schitts but Bridgerton does look interesting.  Kind of in a mourning The Office mode.

H is working tonight (normal tour, not Times Square overtime).  The kids are going to try and stay up late aka they’ll probably make it to 8...I’m aiming for 10 myself but we’ll see 🤞🏻
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I’m going to have to check that out @mrsconn23; I’ve been feeling like I need some new shoes I. My podcast rotation. I did just listen to the Harry & Meghan one on Spotify. 
    No, but I'm going to check it out because I truly have nothing else to listen to today since I've exhausted most of even the ones I wanted to circle back to. 
    And now I'm listening and it's making me want to cry a little.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    I’m going to have to check that out @mrsconn23; I’ve been feeling like I need some new shoes I. My podcast rotation. I did just listen to the Harry & Meghan one on Spotify. 
    Oh I totally did at the end. 
    mrsconn23
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Damn it, I love them.

OMG, Archie's little voice.  UGHHHH.  So stinkin' sweet. 
    charlotte989875
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Damn it, I love them.

OMG, Archie's little voice.  UGHHHH.  So stinkin' sweet. 
    That was so lovely!!
    mrsconn23
  • Not sure what’s happening tonight. FSIL A and her FI were supposed to come over but there’s some lingering weirdness from last weekend so now I’m not sure. I’m upset that I got dragged into the mess because now it’s affected all of our relationships with each other. I’ve been in a funk this whole week. The hospitals here are horrifically over extended. Health care providers are making life or death decisions usually reserved for natural disasters or war and it’s breaking me. I think I have some guilt too because I used to be in the ICU until this past year, and I feel like I’m not doing nearly enough. I’m on the front lines, but not in the same way. I also got into with my dad last night. It was a completely fine conversation and then he just started yelling. It was the straw that broke the camel’s back in terms of how overstretched and overstressed and sad I’ve been feeling. Thanksss 2020. 

In other news, I got a chai spiced latte today and I forgot how much I love those. I have makeup on (probably for the collective 20th time all year, lol) and I’m ready to get off of work and have a moment. 

I’m not sure about Bridgerton. I saw the trailer and wasn’t super wowed. But I was a sucker for Grey’s and Private Practice. Shonda has given me some tv trust issues in the past so we’ll see. 

kvruns
  • We are hanging out at home.  I'm working for a while but decided to get festive and dressed up.  This is a conversation that DH and I just had:

DH: "Why are you all dressed up?"
    Me: "It's New Year's Eve! I'm festive! And look! My pants have an elastic waist."
    (pulls pants to show that they are cute AND comfortable)
    DH: "You really are 40. "
    CharmedPammrsconn23charlotte989875
  • levioosa said:
    Not sure what’s happening tonight. FSIL A and her FI were supposed to come over but there’s some lingering weirdness from last weekend so now I’m not sure. I’m upset that I got dragged into the mess because now it’s affected all of our relationships with each other. I’ve been in a funk this whole week. The hospitals here are horrifically over extended. Health care providers are making life or death decisions usually reserved for natural disasters or war and it’s breaking me. I think I have some guilt too because I used to be in the ICU until this past year, and I feel like I’m not doing nearly enough. I’m on the front lines, but not in the same way. I also got into with my dad last night. It was a completely fine conversation and then he just started yelling. It was the straw that broke the camel’s back in terms of how overstretched and overstressed and sad I’ve been feeling. Thanksss 2020. 

In other news, I got a chai spiced latte today and I forgot how much I love those. I have makeup on (probably for the collective 20th time all year, lol) and I’m ready to get off of work and have a moment. 

I’m not sure about Bridgerton. I saw the trailer and wasn’t super wowed. But I was a sucker for Grey’s and Private Practice. Shonda has given me some tv trust issues in the past so we’ll see. 
    The trailer isn’t great but it’s definitely worth a try!
  • Happy NYE to all!  Thanks gor keeping me entertained in 2020!  Much like @banana468, I’m
    going to get dressed and put make up on too!  But M wont be here till 4 so I don’t need to put the effort in till 3:45. 

I must push myself to clean up though, and grab lunch sometime. I was already out to return some things and pick up my ediable treats.  Man I just want to bite into one! I have zilch will power. 

mrsconn23MyNameIsNot
  • Happy New Year! Working today, tomorrow and through the weekend to launch my company's new website early next week.
    mrsconn23
  • Happy New Year! I just finished Bridgerton and really liked it. DD and I started it yesterday. After they left today, I just vegged in front of the TV. We are doing zilch tonight. Doubt I will even be awake at midnight.
  • Happy new year all! I binged Brdgerton this week since I was off work. Didn’t love it st first but was hooked by the end of the first episode. Might start Queens Gambit next. Since my Hallmark Christmas movies are over I need something to fill my evenings 
  • I'm two days late, but Happy New Years everyone!

MesmrEwe