Wedding Woes

MONDAY back to the grind

seems like a lot of schools and offices are back to normal today or tomorrow. What about you guys? 

Re: MONDAY back to the grind

• Baby B woke me up around 4:30am, I think he was having a recurring nightmare/dream about bugs because he was sitting up in bed swatting. Then he cried off and on about everything since he didn't want to go back to sleep.  I feel bad for daycare!

This feels like a hard break to come back from for some reason even though it was only a week off. Fingers crossed it is a slow week so I can ease back in but not get too lazy. If last year taught me anything it is I need to stay on top of stuff so I don't find myself scrambling in the event of a daycare quarantine/shut down.
  • Ugh baby B. That sounds exhausting @kvruns

The kids and I are back at school today. I’m glad to be back in the swing.  I missed my students. 
  • We're back to normal WFH here. As much as I enjoyed taking a bit of a break, I'm actually excited about getting back to "normal." We took down all the decorations Saturday, and now the house feels clean and almost fresh. I spent a little time organizing my office last week and it feels nice. Kind of an early spring cleaning of sorts. 

Meanwhile, 16 days until inauguration. 
  • School starts tomorrow.  I only had a long weekends over the holidays, so I've been at the grind off and on this whole time.  I wish I was in an industry that does 'shut down', heh. 

The weekend was...a lot.  LOL  Thursday, we had our friends over for NYE and everyone tied one on pretty hard.  Friday, we all were feeling pretty rough through the afternoon.  We went to my dad's for dinner.  It was nice. DefConn ended up staying the night with his cousins, so DH and I got a kid-free night of living room bcbc and watching whatever we wanted to on Netflix. 

Saturday, the kiddo moved into his new apartment.  DH had to help FIL do a bathroom reno.  I helped the kiddo move some stuff, he also had DH's truck and friends to assist.  I picked up DefConn after and we went to the store to get the kiddo about a week's worth of groceries and some odds and ends they needed (like trash cans and hangers).  DH was at FIL's for about 12-13 hours and it was a day for him.  

Sunday, DH woke up and went back to FIL's for some finishing work.  He got home around 11:30am, which was a happy surprise. I was de-Christmasing the house. I ran to the store for a few things we needed to get by this week.  We then settled in for Colts football (WAHOO, even though I wish the Texans could have pulled out the win to help us out) and then watched some more Queen's Gambit.  

I have $250 in credit to redeem from my 20 year anniversary 'reward'.  It's all for gift cards and I am having the hardest time deciding which ones to cash in for.  I'm afraid if I get a Visa or Amazon GC that I'll blow it on dumb shit or 'needs'.   There aren't a whole lot of other options, besides restaurants, clothing, or spa finder (which I am considering using some of it on a spa GC). 

• This weekend was great!  My H and I spent NYE with our neighbor.  She has a balcony and we watched neighborhood fireworks from there.  There were way more fireworks than usual and they were going off for hours.  The city didn't do any of its normal fireworks displays, so we were assuming that is why there was such an uptick in people setting off their own fireworks.  She's a good friend, but normally works out of town, so it was really nice to catch up.  Turns out she had a potential job lead for my H, so we are crossing our fingers.

I did some house organizing, although not nearly enough!  But that is one of my goals for 2021 so at least I got a little bit started on it, lol.

Back to the grind, indeed!  I am really tired this morning and have a somewhat busy day at work.  But that's okay.  I loved all the extra time off, but am also glad the holidays are over and looking forward to getting back into a normal routine.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Back to the WFH grind, and back to working 5 days a week. I really loved the Friday’s off. My company does give the option to work 4 10-hour days so if I really hate the full work week I might consider exploring that option. 

Baby is still congested, but don’t think it’s covid. It’s not getting anyway worse and he’s still happy, playing, jumping like crazy so I think it’s just a cold. 

Weekend was good. The Bills were outstanding yesterday and I’m feeling really good about the postseason. Should be an interesting game on Saturday @mrsconn23! I almost, almost felt bad for the Dolphins. 
  • Sounds like you all had great weekends!  I loved my new year, and spending it with M.  NYE was perfect and the weekend following it was too. But I’m kinda with the rest of you, and some normacy is welcomed. 

• Sounds like you all had great weekends!  I loved my new year, and spending it with M.  NYE was perfect and the weekend following it was too. But I’m kinda with the rest of you, and some normacy is welcomed. 
    So things are back on track with M after the weirdness? 
  • I feel like Christmas went by even faster this year and I don't know how that's possible! 

I'm still holding on and the tree is up and I did a Peloton holiday ride to try to keep me in the spirit this morning. 

Kiddos are back in school today and tomorrow and resume distance learning for the balance of the week.    We get to plunge into new year new tasks and I will try to avoid some of the contentious conversation that some clients love to have.  
  • Oh!  My $600 stimulus dropped into my account today.  They are a-coming.  Good timing because I'm paying down chunks of 'cc debt today and tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh!  My $600 stimulus dropped into my account today.  They are a-coming.  Good timing because I'm paying down chunks of 'cc debt today and tomorrow.
    I got mine today too.  I wasn't expecting it since I had to track it down last time.   DH just made travel plans last night, so it was a happy surprise and makes me feel better about DH's trip. 
  • I've been un-decorating the house the last few days. Our main tree is still up. I will probably get the ornaments packed away this afternoon or tomorrow but leave the tree up until H and I reorganized the unfinished area in the basement. We store the tree there, and it will be easier to organized without it being in there. I have a couple of Nativity scenes still up since Epiphany is on Wednesday. Everything else is packed away. I've been cleaning today since it is easier to clean with shelves and tables empty. I like to not put my usual decor back up for a while. It gives me time to think about how I want to place things.
    DS2 and I watched the last two Star Trek movies with Chris Pine. I really liked them. I hope they make a fourth, but DS2 said it is unlikely. I FaceTimed with a good friend from college last night. We do a group FT every two weeks, but it was good to just be the two of us. She lives out west so we don't see each other frequently. She is part of the group that gets together once a year though. We are really looking forward to our 2021 trip! It just needs to get planned though.
  • It was a crazy two weeks for us!  Christmas was good, though sad without BIL.  MIL is still super into her grief and I heard some scary stuff come out of her mouth.  She went back to her doctor who recommended someone to talk with and grief counseling - which she is going to do. 

Day after Christmas, H and I started working on the last portion of countertop to do.  Its the hardest piece, but we were working it well and got it in place.  Then we pulled out the sink and realized it was WAY TOO BIG!  The standard size sink is apparently bigger than our cabinets can handle.  So we returned it and ordered one.  It arrived a day early, yesterday, but did know it was outside until SIL stopped by around 8.  My FedEx delivery email I saw this morning when I logged into work, said it was delivered at 230!  We could have started installation yesterday!!!!  Arg!  I have been without a kitchen sink and dishwasher for a week and a half now! Doing dishes in the utility sink sucks! We will start working on it tonight though.  The new sink I picked out is gorgeous and much nicer than the stainless steel one I had initially picked.

Work is steady for the new year, so that's good!  
  • @flantastic, I've been thinking of you, your family and of course Margaret. Hugs.
  • @OliveOilsMom I hope your MIL gets the help she needs.   Some of the worst grief I've seen is with parents who lost their children and a family friend admitted she ultimately needed both therapy and medication to help cope with the depression.  The holidays are so rough.
  • Thinking of you @flantastic, this time of year must be really hard. Not having people reach out sucks. 
  • @flantastic, virtual hugs. I hope you can get help for the depression.