Wedding Woes
Options

Impeachment Wednesday

For the second time in 12 months? I asked a coworker how he was doing yesterday and he said “fine, except for the fascists”. So that’s where we are. 

How’s everyone doing? Work is crazy busy and I was awake (while the baby was sound asleep) stressing about it.  It’s also cold, dreary, and icy here. 

Re: Impeachment Wednesday

• Options
    I'm doing my best to bite my tongue.  There's a former daycare teacher that I remain "friends" with on FB.  She continues to engage in moral equivalency BS and I just think she's not smart.     I remain linked to her because our kids are the same age and frankly, I'd rather know what she thinks so I know whether or not I support any friendship between our kids and she lives in town. 

So I'm not going to say, "I hope when you were teaching my kids you didn't decide whether or not a child engaged in wrongdoing based on whether a different child did the same thing prior.  And I surely hope you see the difference between a group of kids who make a mess in the playroom who have to fix their mess and if they were instigated by another teacher to create such havoc that there was a safety issue for [director] such that [director] had to go into hiding with the doors barricaded." 

But I really want to. 
  • Options
    I can't even pay attention to it.  We know they're going to vote to send it to the senate and then we'll see.  I mean at least there's support for it this time.  But I don't trust anyone as far as I can throw them, so there's that. 

I'm watching This Is Us and tearing up every 5 seconds. 

SSDD otherwise.  Work is work.  Blergy-blerg-blerg.  
  • Options
    The two FB friends that I had that drank the Kool-Aid deleted their pages. I guess in protest.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875  "fine, except for the fascists" is so good lol

So idk how much you've seen but parlor got hacked. And M - being the computer dev he is - was laughing because it's so insecure {which we joked works perfectly for them} and now the hacker has ARCHIVES of EVERYTHING!
    They don't have certain things - like apparently the fact you have to show a photo of your drivers license when you join? - but they could show the GPS coordinates on where it was uploaded.

So that's great lmao

BK is at a weird stage of wanting to do things independently {we have to state we're helping in order for us to do anything - which we really are just helping tbh} and also she has decided sometimes we aren't going to listen.
    M will tell her to get back in the living room, and she will look at him DEAD IN THE EYE and then LEAVE!
    M just looks at me with this incredulous look - while I'm trying to not show I'm laughing {which is hard cuz OMG TEENAGER}
  • Options
    I've been in back to back town halls this morning and am finally coming up for air. Our old group VP retired in the latest restructure, so this was our first big meeting with the new guy. I'm not a fan. Listening to him talk was like one of those text-to-speak voices on Tik Tok. Which, I get not everyone is a public speaker, but then he responded to simple question (that a lot of people had) with a lot of snark. This is like 3 levels up, so not someone I'll have much interaction with, but it doesn't set a good tone.

I'm debating turning on the news to listen to the house vote, or just listening to a podcast instead. I think maybe the latter is healthier.  
  • Options
    Mama @NOLABridesmaid stories just make my heart smile.  <3 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @NOLABridesmaid BK did that around that age too lol she stopped relatively quick. Does little R have a plate or is it right on highchair? We also found that made a difference. At one point BK dropped her food ON her highchair, then dropped the plate on the floor. That was pretty early on.
    Idk about your plans, but we give 3x rule.
    1st - maybe accident
    2nd - definitely not accident
    3rd - moving plate away. "If you're playing with you're food, you're done" Wait a couple mins if she fights. No fight, yes done. Yes fight, give minimal food more to ensure she actually wants it vs just wants to keep tossing

edit:
    BK is gonna be 3 in May
  • Options
    @CharmedPam Some days it's super great she's more independent and we're trying to roll with it, but other days - like weekday mornings - are not quite the days we have time.
    BK is very much a personality where she will learn things on her own terms and suddenly start doing it as if she never practiced lol
  • Options
    Sometimes she eats directly on the highchair and sometimes from one of those suction cup bowls. I need to get a plate and she how she does with that.
  • Options
    Sometimes she eats directly on the highchair and sometimes from one of those suction cup bowls. I need to get a plate and she how she does with that.
    Personally I would keep on highchair until she stops tossing food. The suction dishes were a great idea but never worked for us
  • Options
    @ei34 Right!? Like how already ... she's not 3 yet lmao
  • Options
    It looks like no Republicans voted Yes.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Right, Sassy. I think he had to decide if he wanted to go down with the ship or not. We all know he has been down with the Cray, cray since the beginning.
  • Options
    The two FB friends that I had that drank the Kool-Aid deleted their pages. I guess in protest.
    Rush Limbaugh deactivated his Twitter account.  Good.  Buh-bye.

On my other political thought for the day.  I'm annoyed with all the Pence praise.  That he was a "hero" and was so "brave" to go against the President (finally) and did not try to overturn the election.  So, now we are admiring and heralding people for doing their job and not being unhinged lunatics?  We need to raise the bar.  I'd like a country/world where people are admired because they go above and beyond to do the right thing.  Not "that person is so awesome because they are not the worst".   
    Right!?
    I mean M & I were just talking about how weird we were to say "Pence is doing good"
    Then I saw him on the senate floor without a mask and it felt like back to the normal "wtf bruh" vibes.

But seriously, if Pence becomes Prez for like ... a week. Marlon Bundo for VP {which is Pence's rabbit fyi}
  • Options
    @NOLABridesmaid I wasn't here last week when you posted a pic so would you do it again or send it to me via PM?  I'd like to see Little NOLA.

Still excited to be back at work.  Don't really have anything else.  I need to call my mother more than anything;  I kept her out of the loop during everything b/c I knew she'd be worried as all get out and so I haven't talked to her in a week and a half.  Otherwise, SSDD, nothing too big going on here.
  • Options
    @NOLABridesmaid She is adorable, look at that teethy smile!!!
  • Options
    @NOLABridesmaid MOAR PHOTOS!!!

We need a new baby thread
  • Options
    Did they already vote?  I thought it hadn't taken place yet. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Did they already vote?  I thought it hadn't taken place yet. 
    I think Pelosi is speaking now and going to start the official process here soon.  I know Liz Cheney (#3 in the house) says she's voting to impeach and they expect about a dozen or so to follow Cheney in voting yes. 

Jim Jordan is now calling for Cheney to be removed from leadership in the house.  On one hand, fuck all these people and on the other, watching the R's eat themselves after years of making fun of the left for eating their own is mildly amusing.  But mostly, fuck 'em. 
  • Options
    Oh. I was watching a thumbnail video with the sound off and saw a bunch of yes and no. Ok. Let's get to the good stuff.
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2021
    Jim Jordan is welcome to fuck all the way off to hell after the things he's done over his lifetime.  I did listen to his speech and I just added to his list of sins against humanity.  I saw the vote, but can't remember exactly what it was, but the impeachment went through.  I think it was only a handful of Republicans who voted for it, IIRC.

ETA:  I'm wrong, they were voting on rules, I think.
  • Options
    OK - I kept going through news updates and did not see that it took place.  And last night I did see that Liz Cheney did say she would vote to impeach which I thought was a huge step. 

My only hope is that Jim Jordan falls off that same horse that Cruz and Hawley are on.  He's always been far more pro Trump than pro US and the arrogance and procedural issues (and let's also gloss over his issues in Ohio State too).  

And of all political families to try to impugn, Jordan's going for a Cheney?