Wedding Woes

Totally Tuesday

Re: Totally Tuesday

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    How sad @ILoveBeachMusic, I’m sorry to hear 
  • Thoughts and prayers  @ILoveBeachMusic

Yesterday I noticed something sharp and realized the prong holding one of the side diamonds snapped and I lost the diamond. This is the third time this has happened in 8 years. H suggested we take the center stone and get it mounted on a new ring. I am toying with the idea. Because I do love my ring and that he picked it out but it is not exactly what I would have picked. I was shopping around and this is my favorite so far. My current ring is a center stone with two side diamonds. The side diamonds have three prong mount and they seem to be the issue.

• @short+sassy Whew!  thank you for that write up!

I did know that the law was a different basis b/c I had a friend who went to Tulane for law school.  I suspect the main differences, with the little I know would be mainly in estates and real estate.  Most of the rest of what I would be able to do (WC, SSD, and PI) should stay the same, though they might have their own terminology I'd have to learn.  Litigation tends to be fairly standard across all the states, it's just learning different procedures and terminology, but they all do the same process.

I'm very hesitant to move to another conservative state.  Even in my little city, I have my own little liberal bubble, especially in the district where I live.  It's just so wearing to hear the stupid shit out of the MO legislature, and so many other red states are doing the same BS.  Realistically, to get all of what I want, it is probably CA or maybe the SW, but I don't really want to live in the SW again.  So, taking my time, doing some research etc.
  • So BK is home rest of today and tomorrow. She was sick at daycare, and she's fine now but M randomly discovered that 2 of her yogurts in the fridge were expired by about a week.
    We tossed those and checked the rest. None others expired but some in the back were close, so we swapped around.

Poor kid :(
  • @flantastic you wouldn't know DS2's friend but your youngest brother probably would. The brother who died went to another high school close by and is DS1's year. They played on the same baseball team many years ago. We have talked to DS2 since I originally posted, he is devastated. He has sent his friend a message but understandably hasn't heard from him yet. I'm guessing he might hear from his friend's fiancee at some point (she is the daughter of the former football coach). 
  • VarunaTT said:
    @short+sassy Whew!  thank you for that write up!

I did know that the law was a different basis b/c I had a friend who went to Tulane for law school.  I suspect the main differences, with the little I know would be mainly in estates and real estate.  Most of the rest of what I would be able to do (WC, SSD, and PI) should stay the same, though they might have their own terminology I'd have to learn.  Litigation tends to be fairly standard across all the states, it's just learning different procedures and terminology, but they all do the same process.

I'm very hesitant to move to another conservative state.  Even in my little city, I have my own little liberal bubble, especially in the district where I live.  It's just so wearing to hear the stupid shit out of the MO legislature, and so many other red states are doing the same BS.  Realistically, to get all of what I want, it is probably CA or maybe the SW, but I don't really want to live in the SW again.  So, taking my time, doing some research etc.
    Anytime!

My lawyer friend/tenant said the same thing about the Napoleonic Code.  He also said it takes the law literally and doesn't allow previous rulings to be considered, so it's more of a big deal to change laws as society changes.  From how he described it to me, I asked him if that meant when I hear stuff on Law and Order like, "Your Honor, in Johnson vs. Jameson, it was ruled blah, blah, blah.  So my client blab, blab, blab."  He laughed and said, "Something like that."   

On the plus side, it's the whole city (about 300K people) that is politically progressive and there are examples of that everywhere.  All the political yard signs I saw were for Clinton in 2016 and Biden in 2020.  But the moment you cross into the suburbs it was Trump.  We have been hardcore mask wearers.  It wasn't mandated until July, but it was super rare to see someone who wasn't wearing a mask long before that.

I hear ya!  My H and I sometimes talk about where we want to move to someday with some of the same criteria you have.  There aren't any obvious choices that jump out, lol.  The cities we really like are too cold in the winter and, for the most part, too expensive.  San Diego is AWESOME!!!!  The weather is pretty much perfect all year.  But I'm guessing you would need to at least triple your salary to have the same standard of living.  Hence why I moved to NOLA after graduating from college, lol.  

I lived in Miami for three months after Hurricane Katrina.  I expected to like it, but I didn't.  It felt like a very shallow place.  It would also be a good bit more expensive then where you currently are.  It might be an oxymoron to say this, but I would put it at the low end of HCOL, lol.  But I've liked the other parts of FL I've been to.  FL might be a great choice and there are a few large cities where not being able to speak Spanish, wouldn't be as big of a deal.  I'm not even sure it would be in Miami anyway.

I keep leaning to North Carolina.  My H and I plan to visit Raleigh-Durham next year.  I was there once a gazillion years ago, right after I graduated from college, lol.  My H has never been.  I'm hopeful because there are so many things that seem great.  But, since neither one of us are very familiar with the city, we could get there and be, "Ugh!  No." 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VarunaTT said:
    @short+sassy Whew!  thank you for that write up!

Anytime!

My lawyer friend/tenant said the same thing about the Napoleonic Code.  He also said it takes the law literally and doesn't allow previous rulings to be considered, so it's more of a big deal to change laws as society changes.  From how he described it to me, I asked him if that meant when I hear stuff on Law and Order like, "Your Honor, in Johnson vs. Jameson, it was ruled blah, blah, blah.  So my client blab, blab, blab."  He laughed and said, "Something like that."   

On the plus side, it's the whole city (about 300K people) that is politically progressive and there are examples of that everywhere.  All the political yard signs I saw were for Clinton in 2016 and Biden in 2020.  But the moment you cross into the suburbs it was Trump.  We have been hardcore mask wearers.  It wasn't mandated until July, but it was super rare to see someone who wasn't wearing a mask long before that.

I hear ya!  My H and I sometimes talk about where we want to move to someday with some of the same criteria you have.  There aren't any obvious choices that jump out, lol.  The cities we really like are too cold in the winter and, for the most part, too expensive.  San Diego is AWESOME!!!!  The weather is pretty much perfect all year.  But I'm guessing you would need to at least triple your salary to have the same standard of living.  Hence why I moved to NOLA after graduating from college, lol.  

I lived in Miami for three months after Hurricane Katrina.  I expected to like it, but I didn't.  It felt like a very shallow place.  It would also be a good bit more expensive then where you currently are.  It might be an oxymoron to say this, but I would put it at the low end of HCOL, lol.  But I've liked the other parts of FL I've been to.  FL might be a great choice and there are a few large cities where not being able to speak Spanish, wouldn't be as big of a deal.  I'm not even sure it would be in Miami anyway.

I keep leaning to North Carolina.  My H and I plan to visit Raleigh-Durham next year.  I was there once a gazillion years ago, right after I graduated from college, lol.  My H has never been.  I'm hopeful because there are so many things that seem great.  But, since neither one of us are very familiar with the city, we could get there and be, "Ugh!  No." 
    I grew up in Durham and love the area (I think I may have told you that before). I still have high school and college friends that live there. If it weren't for the fact that  my kids and grandkids are all in the midwest, I'd be back in the triangle area in a  skinny minute!
  • My day is insane. This is the first time I've had a break between meetings to check in.

I wasn't going to post, except to say @short+sassy send me a PM with your email. I can get you discount tickets to world of coke. Also, check out Fernbank and the High. They are my favorite ATL museums. The Civil Rights museum is very cool, but it's emotionally exhausting.  
  • My day is insane. This is the first time I've had a break between meetings to check in.

I wasn't going to post, except to say @short+sassy send me a PM with your email. I can get you discount tickets to world of coke. Also, check out Fernbank and the High. They are my favorite ATL museums. The Civil Rights museum is very cool, but it's emotionally exhausting.  
    Thanks @m@MyNameIsNot!  I beileve we did the civil rights museum in Memphis but I also think it was very small!  The other two look really good too!

• I love that you guys are going on this trip - but I need to know, is a bra fitting appointment also going to happen @CharmedPam and @short+sassy
  • kvruns said:
    I love that you guys are going on this trip - but I need to know, is a bra fitting appointment also going to happen @CharmedPam and @short+sassy
    We are hopeful!  Pam contacted LiviRae's (Molly and Cynthia's place) and you can only make an appointment for virtual bra fittings right now.  But it sounds like they will also accommodate walk-ins, depending on how busy they are.

We are definitely visiting the store!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thanks!  I appreciate it.  I just sent you a PM with my e-mail address.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    I love that you guys are going on this trip - but I need to know, is a bra fitting appointment also going to happen @CharmedPam and @short+sassy
    We are hopeful!  Pam contacted LiviRae's (Molly and Cynthia's place) and you can only make an appointment for virtual bra fittings right now.  But it sounds like they will also accommodate walk-ins, depending on how busy they are.

Although we’re planning to visit them next month, they got a bra to beat.  I picked up this $17 bra on amazon on a whim and I LOVE IT!  It’s a sports bra but eff that noise.  It’s my every day bra!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091CFTH66/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZS6HHJ848AFWF5YHA0W4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• kvruns said:

Although we’re planning to visit them next month, they got a bra to beat.  I picked up this $17 bra on amazon on a whim and I LOVE IT!  It’s a sports bra but eff that noise.  It’s my every day bra!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091CFTH66/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZS6HHJ848AFWF5YHA0W4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    I am lmao off at this line being part of the description:

provide a double push-up power to support breasts more effectively, show your elegance and charm.

Apparently being elegant and charming is no longer just a personality trait.  Perky looking boobs show "elegance and charm" also, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2021
    I am lmao off at this line being part of the description:

provide a double push-up power to support breasts more effectively, show your elegance and charm.

Apparently being elegant and charming is no longer just a personality trait.  Perky looking boobs show "elegance and charm" also, lol.
    Oh, also there is nothing elegant and sexy about this bra. But it is comfy as fuck.  I got them in 3 black, one white and one beige.  I mean... buy them in the 2 pk and they’re $12.50.  This is a no briainer:  to bad I didn’t wait and I bought them before my $100/amazon gc’s!m came to me!

• kvruns said:

So how does the sizing run? I'm a 38 E on a good day.
  • Nevermind, I just saw that it only goes up to a D cup in the XL
    Yeah there’s a LOT of stretch to it so I’d only be worried about the band.  I’m a 42-44 band and xxl was great. First time a bra doesn’t stick into my skin! 

• @charmedpam I just ordered a two pack of those bras! I have been done breastfeeding for almost 2 years and still have nursing bras that I wear because they are so comfy. I despise underwire. I will wear a sexy bra for H for the 5 min until it comes off but otherwise no thank you!
  • Jstump2 said:
    @charmedpam I just ordered a two pack of those bras! I have been done breastfeeding for almost 2 years and still have nursing bras that I wear because they are so comfy. I despise underwire. I will wear a sexy bra for H for the 5 min until it comes off but otherwise no thank you!
    Okay what nursing bra do you like because I’m ready to throw all of mine out the window because they either have no support or are super uncomfortable. 
    Yeah there’s a LOT of stretch to it so I’d only be worried about the band.  I’m a 42-44 band and xxl was great. First time a bra doesn’t stick into my skin! 
    I run 42-44 in band, so I'm interested in the XXL.  Are you D or DD?  
  • Jstump2 said:
    @charmedpam I just ordered a two pack of those bras! I have been done breastfeeding for almost 2 years and still have nursing bras that I wear because they are so comfy. I despise underwire. I will wear a sexy bra for H for the 5 min until it comes off but otherwise no thank you!
    Okay what nursing bra do you like because I’m ready to throw all of mine out the window because they either have no support or are super uncomfortable. 

I liked ones from motherhood maternity the best although I don't need much support so I liked the lightweight cotton ones for home.  Are you needing real ones like for work or more just home use?
  • edited April 2021
    kvruns said:
    Jstump2 said:

I liked ones from motherhood maternity the best although I don't need much support so I liked the lightweight cotton ones for home.  Are you needing real ones like for work or more just home use?
    Work ones unfortunately. I tried the ThirdLove ones because I love their regular ones but the underwire is SO uncomfortable. 

I need some good support, I’m 36DD and hate feeling “loose” on video at work. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Nevermind, I just saw that it only goes up to a D cup in the XL
    I run 42-44 in band, so I'm interested in the XXL.  Are you D or DD?  
    I’m a D yeah

• kvruns said:
    Jstump2 said:

Work ones unfortunately. I tried the ThirdLove ones because I love their regular ones but the underwire is SO uncomfortable. 

I need some good support, I’m 36DD and hate feeling “loose” on video at work. 
    My favorite were actually ones from Target. Auden, Ingrid/Isabel, and Bravado.  They were all pretty cheap and I'm still wearing 2 of them.  Just enough support and pad to not feel exposed or jiggly, but soft and comfy enough to wear every day.  And easy returns if they don't work out!  I'm a 38 D most of the time.
  • Jstump2 said:
    I hope you enjoy them!  I’ve been going through bra’s like crazy in the last 2 years and this one is a gooder (to me anyway)

• GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @CharmedPam at least some of the museums in ATL (the frernbank and the space center [I remember liking the space center 15 years ago--but...15 years ago} are ASTC participants. Which means membership in an ASTC museum probably = free admission.
    SOmetimes that makes buying the local mus. membership make $ sense.
    (I know I know, I preach it often.  But I also do the math for people often @ work)