Wedding Woes
Options

Rain, rain go away Thursday

Another rainy day, but the weekend looks beautiful around these parts. 

Who has two thumbs and lost her vaccine card?  This girl.  After some digging, I found my status online and have a PDF copy of my record.  They didn't make it easy to find though. 

Yesterday was my day off and I met with one of my BFF's for lunch.  We hadn't seen each other in almost 6 months.  It was nice to get that one on one time.  I also built the coffee table we bought for our bonus room.  I wasn't sure, but now that we're adding stuff to the space I'm loving that it's becoming a nice den and extra living space. 

DH's uncle is coming to stay here tonight so DH can take him to the airport tomorrow. He's going to help DH's cousin move from NC up here. 

Watching Handmaid's Tale and looking over Prudie.  

SSDD otherwise. 

Re: Rain, rain go away Thursday

• Options
    It is GROSS outside today and I want to sleep.  I think the house got hot and it was hard to sleep and then I woke up with a sore throat - a sign I was snoring followed by DH poking me with his finger saying, "Can you roll over?" 

Hot Shots part Deux is today and I'm hoping I don' feel like crap tonight and into tomorrow. 

• Options
    I'm refinancing my HELOC and owe my hopefully soon-to-be new bank some paperwork.  I finally got that finished up and organized last night, so it's a big item off of my to-do list.  My current rate is 5.5%.  They new bank has a 12-month introductory rate of 2.99%.  But, to compare apples to apples, if they didn't currently have that special, the rate would still be much lower (4.5%).  There are a few other major benefits to refi'ing the HELOC, but I won't bore you with the financing/debt leveraging details, lol.

Other than that, happy that it is Thursday and the weekend is almost here.  Happy that it is Prudie day to help with my boring work day, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mild and cloudy today. We had rain yesterday, but it wasn't super warm so even though BK was home M opted to not bring her out.

We've been talking about BK's bday.
    We're probably going to my mum and her bf, MIL and SFIL - see if BIL and SIL want to join - for one party.

Then a week or 2 after go to M's nanny's place with FIL and his wife and do a small party there. M's nanny hasn't seen BK in almost a year because of covid and lock downs. She's had her first vax but also has a fairly large yard we could easily distance.

Even though we aren't pushing potty training, we have been going bottomless for about 40mins at night while we hang out in her room. The potty is right there, so we figured it works.
    Air out the bits, get her accustomed to the potty and see what she prefers - it's about 50/50 whether she wants bottoms or not still.

Anyways a bit before dinner, BK took her pants and pull up off and pulled on some shorts I have in a box for donation.
    I was not in the mood for fighting with her to get a pull up back on {my back was really sore} So we just rolled with it.
    She didn't wanna sit - despite having a lot of toots - so whatever.

Anyways, just as we go upstairs she was going to her toy box and FULL BLADDER RELEASE!!
    She was so embarrassed and panicked, that although she was close to the potty she didn't make it at all.

Good news is, she did wanna sit more afterwards lol
    I'm chalking it as a good sign so she knows why we keep asking her. M wanted her to be wearing shorts so she feels uncomfortable and same but overall it works.
  • Options
    I have yet to watch Handmaids Tale and basically one of the reasons I signed up for hulu.  I also heard hbo max is doing an advertisement option in June for $9.99, so I may look into that streaming service too. I also think taking a pic of my Vaccine Card is a good idea too, @mrsconn23. I maybe should have gotten my vaccine throught my doctor since they add that to your file, right?

SSDD.  May think if a Costco run after work. I hate waiting for weekends. Other than that, it’s dreary and I’m just waiting for the weekend.

• Options
    I slept in our guest room last night and my back and hips feel so much better than in our bed.  I feel so bad because we debated the new bed for like 2 years, finally pulled the trigger, and I'm afraid I don't like it.  We're going to go to the store sometime soon and try them again before we commit 100% to keeping it.  

G came home with bites for the 2nd day in a row yesterday (4th time in the last 8 weeks) and I'm super pissed.  I know kids go through this phase sometimes, but no, there needs to be some separation or consequences or something.  My kid LOVES school and I don't want that to change.  

Excited for Prudie!
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    I slept in our guest room last night and my back and hips feel so much better than in our bed.  I feel so bad because we debated the new bed for like 2 years, finally pulled the trigger, and I'm afraid I don't like it.  We're going to go to the store sometime soon and try them again before we commit 100% to keeping it.  

G came home with bites for the 2nd day in a row yesterday (4th time in the last 8 weeks) and I'm super pissed.  I know kids go through this phase sometimes, but no, there needs to be some separation or consequences or something.  My kid LOVES school and I don't want that to change.  

Excited for Prudie!
    FWIW, it is really hard when there's a biter in the class because you also need to teach the kids to get along and you can't just separate one biter from the entire group. 

Chiquita went through this and she and a little guy in her class had a rough go for a few weeks.  Eventually it did go away but that was the phase he went through at the time.  

is the school calling you when it happens?  Our daycare did say that if it becomes a pattern of behavior vs. a phase then kids could be removed.  
  • Options
    Yikes @Casadena how’s she doing? 

The baby fell asleep in like 30 seconds last night! Sleep training has legit been one of the hardest things we’ve done but it seems to be working! I’m starting to feel almost like a real persona again!

Rain here. Gloomy. Ready for the weekend. 
  • Options
    @MissJeanLouise, I'm so sorry to hear about loss of your pregnancy.  I'm glad you are doing fine, other then the hormones and irritability.  Have you spoken to your doctor about it?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise sorry for your loss. I hope you can take some time for yourself. It is always a hard emotionally and physically, I lost a pregnancy at 12 weeks and it hit me much harder than I thought it would.

It's a gloomy day here. I had a nice day off with my girls yesterday. We hit up the park and ended the day with snacks and cuddles in my bed to watch a movie. They were super excited to have a "girls day".
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss @missJeanLouise
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Im so sorry @missJeanLouise

Rainy and dreary here too.  Silver lining is a t-ball game I didn’t want to go to will be rained out because of it 😈
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I am really okay, just impatient. And cranky! Lol. @short+sassy I figured I would wait for my cycle to return to normal before I worried about it, tbh. But as the child of an ER nurse, I don't go to the doctor I less I am dying, lol.

I think I will try wine, see if that helps my mood. ;)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @missJeanLouise.  Drink that wine.  
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear that @short+sassy.  Wine should help! 

• Options
    I know you meant @missJeanLouise.  But I'll drink some wine tonight also in solidarity!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know you meant @missJeanLouise.  But I'll drink some wine tonight also in solidarity!
    Thank you for your support. xx Lol! 😂😂😂😘😘😘
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Casadena said:

Excited for Prudie!
    FWIW, it is really hard when there's a biter in the class because you also need to teach the kids to get along and you can't just separate one biter from the entire group. 

Chiquita went through this and she and a little guy in her class had a rough go for a few weeks.  Eventually it did go away but that was the phase he went through at the time.  

is the school calling you when it happens?  Our daycare did say that if it becomes a pattern of behavior vs. a phase then kids could be removed.  
    But they can separate the biter from the kid he's biting regularly or watch them more closely to ensure it doesn't happen.  I understand needing everyone to get along, but not at the expense of my kid getting hurt.  Also, it's not happening in any sort of scuffle, every report has indicated G is looking out the window or doing something individually and this kid just comes up and bites him.  No instigation (according to the reports).  I'd be more understanding if it was continued fighting or scuffles, but just getting bitten because you're playing quietly alone?  No.  

They send home "accident reports" at the end of the day, don't call unless it's a serious injury that requires picking up from school. 
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise so sorry about your loss. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    Goodness!  And then at first I also wrote mrsconn23 because she was the last to respond. I have Friday brain and it’s only Thursday.

wanted to add:
    last night, M was over and I went to look up something on my phone.  My internet is PAINFULLY slow at home so as I entered in my search; it stays on my last page I’ve been to (which happened to be this one).  He was watching my phone and we both stared at “wedding woes” for like 2 minutes as the new search was gearing up.  “What’s that?” He asked.
    ”oh just a message board I still go to”.

it’s really hard to describe this board and why I go here daily still, even after being divorced. And then of course the banner says “love’s not canceled and neither is your planning” and I didn’t even put two and two together till today.  I’m like.. does he think I’m some sort of psycho planning our wedding already?!? 🤦🏻‍♀️
    This has totally happened to me with H, too. He gets it now.
  • Options
    DH still just rolls his eyes.  Luckily he knows I'm on a chat board and not looking to indulge in some BS vow renewal. 

@missJeanLouise I am so sorry.  I hope you get the glass of anything. 
  • Options
    Goodness!  And then at first I also wrote mrsconn23 because she was the last to respond. I have Friday brain and it’s only Thursday.

wanted to add:
    last night, M was over and I went to look up something on my phone.  My internet is PAINFULLY slow at home so as I entered in my search; it stays on my last page I’ve been to (which happened to be this one).  He was watching my phone and we both stared at “wedding woes” for like 2 minutes as the new search was gearing up.  “What’s that?” He asked.

it’s really hard to describe this board and why I go here daily still, even after being divorced. And then of course the banner says “love’s not canceled and neither is your planning” and I didn’t even put two and two together till today.  I’m like.. does he think I’m some sort of psycho planning our wedding already?!? 🤦🏻‍♀️
    DH has gotten used to all of my really close friends that only live online.  LOL 
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise I'm sorry to hear that.  Yes, I also think you should treat yourself to wine!

It's rainy here, but my plants outside are really dry so the rain is making me happy.

Yesterday at lunch I went outside to check on my rabbits, and one was missing.  She had gotten into the neighbours yard.  People, I think I have enough evidence that my rabbit can teleport or walk through walls.  All that is left is video proof.  There is no way she can fit through any of the holes anywhere!  I don't understand how she is doing this!  This rabbit is a Houdini or getting help or something.  Anyways, it took me half an hour of trespassing on two neighbours' properties in order to catch her and get her back.  I left them notes to apologize.  I'm pretty sure the one neighbour was home and she and her kids were probably just watching me chase a rabbit around for twenty minutes.

Work today has been awful, and I had to step away from my desk at one point just to compose myself.  It's better now, but I'm having one of those days where other people aren't doing their share  of the work and are trying to pass it off, and I am just not here for it today.

• Options

wanted to add:

Hehe!  I have this issue too.  Hubby knows why I'm on it though, at least.  He knows that the people at WW were so awesome that I just never wanted to stop chatting.  It's too much fun talking to you all!

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:

wanted to add:

DH has gotten used to all of my really close friends that only live online.  LOL 
    Hahah same here.  I call you guys my "internet friends" when i'm talking to H.
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    mrsconn23 said:

wanted to add:

Hahah same here.  I call you guys my "internet friends" when i'm talking to H.
    My H knows you all as my Knottie friends.  Which is kind of funny to say out loud because the word Knottie sounds the same as naughty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kerbohl said:
    @missJeanLouise I'm sorry to hear that.  Yes, I also think you should treat yourself to wine!

It's rainy here, but my plants outside are really dry so the rain is making me happy.

Yesterday at lunch I went outside to check on my rabbits, and one was missing.  She had gotten into the neighbours yard.  People, I think I have enough evidence that my rabbit can teleport or walk through walls.  All that is left is video proof.  There is no way she can fit through any of the holes anywhere!  I don't understand how she is doing this!  This rabbit is a Houdini or getting help or something.  Anyways, it took me half an hour of trespassing on two neighbours' properties in order to catch her and get her back.  I left them notes to apologize.  I'm pretty sure the one neighbour was home and she and her kids were probably just watching me chase a rabbit around for twenty minutes.

Work today has been awful, and I had to step away from my desk at one point just to compose myself.  It's better now, but I'm having one of those days where other people aren't doing their share  of the work and are trying to pass it off, and I am just not here for it today.
    I was watching a show series on Animal Planet called something like "Bad Dog", though there were other animals on it too.  There were two crazy escapes on it.  Both owners couldn't figure out how their dogs were escaping.  One of them put a camera in their backyard and the other one put a camera collar on their dog.

For the parents of the first dog, their backyard looked like a fortress because he figured out how to escape all the time.  But they had done everything, including an 8' high fence, and couldn't figure out, how he was still escaping.  In the video, the dog went to a tree that was inches from the fence.  He braced himself between the tree and fence.  And shimmied up, using the tree to support him from the back, until he got to the top of the fence.  Just as cute...the only place he went to when he escaped was the front door.  To wait for his people to come back home, lol.

In the other escape, the people had totally fenced in the front and side of their yard.  At the end of their backyard was a waterway.  But their dog kept escaping and there was no evidence of him doing anything around the fence.  Turns out, he was jumping into the lake.  And would swim a few feet over to the neighbor's backyard, who didn't have a fence!  In the video, they also saw footage of their own SUV coming down the street and their dog ducking behind a hedge so they wouldn't see him, lmao.

They had a few days of footage and saw their dog had a routine.  He would go a few blocks over to a neighbor they didn't know.  The neighbor would grill up hamburgers or hot dogs every day around noon.  He would give some food to the dog, who then hung out with him on his deck for an hour or so, before heading back home.  The people ended up going to this neighbor's house to introduce themselves and laugh that they had just discovered their dog was a regular visitor there.  The neighbor said their dog was good company and he was welcome anytime!

Wedding Countdown Ticker