Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    kvruns said:
    ok wait so he bought the house for a cheap price 20 years ago but still can't afford it??

We refinanced to redo the house back in 2015. It was a small amount - not even that much. But yup, he can't even afford that. banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    @climbingsingle isn't this THE time that it would be in his best financial interest to sell?  Anyone I know who is selling is talking the # of days that the house is on the market to the point that your nail polish won't chip between listing date and going to contract.  Some are even going at over asking!  I suppose that makes finding something harder but he could rent and take the profits with him until the market cools. 
    Oh, you forget what a loser my ex-husband is. HE STILL LIVES IN THE HOUSE HE GREW UP IN. He bought it from his father (for a very cheap price) back in the early 2000s. He will never sell that house..lol. I imagine he'll have his mom or brother cosign for him. 
    So he grows up with a group of enablers as a grown adult!  

I cannot imagine asking my parents to cosign a loan for me.   
    He takes so much money from his mom it's seriously ridiculous. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    ok wait so he bought the house for a cheap price 20 years ago but still can't afford it??

We refinanced to redo the house back in 2015. It was a small amount - not even that much. But yup, he can't even afford that. banana468 said:

My personal home had previously been foreclosed on in 2010 and I bought it from the bank in 2011.  THAT was a similar story!  The previous owner had bought the house in the mid-80s for $36K.  How could someone possibly be foreclosed on for such a small amount of money?  Because it wasn't that small.  He overleveraged that house for far more then it was ever worth in the early 2000s and then walked away after a few years.

He did some kind of second mortgage, I think a Home Equity Loan.  Then Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005, though thankfully this house didn't flood.  However, the SBA was giving out loans like candy for affected areas.  He got a huge SBA loan with that house as collateral in 2006 or '07.  That loan by itself was for more than the house was worth at the time.

Less than one year later, he stopped paying on all three loans.  By the time I bought the house, the loans due were a total of $270K.  The property appraised for about half of that.

It's one thing to get upside down on a house if values drop like they did in 2008-2009.  But it's quite another to purposely set that situation up.  There isn't a doubt in my mind that at least the SBA loan was taken out with his intention being to take the money and walk away. 

Aannnddd, that's why banks are much stricter now with their loans and requirements!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    kvruns said:

My personal home had previously been foreclosed on in 2010 and I bought it from the bank in 2011.  THAT was a similar story!  The previous owner had bought the house in the mid-80s for $36K.  How could someone possibly be foreclosed on for such a small amount of money?  Because it wasn't that small.  He overleveraged that house for far more then it was ever worth in the early 2000s and then walked away after a few years.

He did some kind of second mortgage, I think a Home Equity Loan.  Then Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005, though thankfully this house didn't flood.  However, the SBA was giving out loans like candy for affected areas.  He got a huge SBA loan with that house as collateral in 2006 or '07.  That loan by itself was for more than the house was worth at the time.

Less than one year later, he stopped paying on all three loans.  By the time I bought the house, the loans due were a total of $270K.  The property appraised for about half of that.

It's one thing to get upside down on a house if values drop like they did in 2008-2009.  But it's quite another to purposely set that situation up.  There isn't a doubt in my mind that at least the SBA loan was taken out with his intention being to take the money and walk away. 

Aannnddd, that's why banks are much stricter now with their loans and requirements!
    Wow, that's crazy!  It's amazing how people can let things get away on them.

Can you imagine buying a house for $36K?  Goodness .... I think my parents paid $33k for their house in the 70s.  

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Congrats @climbingsingle on your new singledom.

I'm back at work today. Unfortunately, I've got an office manager who is too controlling. He took a call from a client and passed it on to me. This is a client I've never worked with before, but he insisted that I drop everything and call him because "priority." My actual supervisor, who is retiring, only works part time, and is the only person who has knowledge of his tax situation, isn't here. The manager refused to accept that I couldn't help the client. He pulled the "customer is always right" bullshit. So I called the client, only to receive a hostile attitude, a refusal on the client's part to speak with me about whatever, and a demand to speak to my supervisor. I let that office manager know that I did not appreciate the insistence that I speak to a client who didn't want to speak to me.
  • Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    Jen4948 said:

I'm back at work today. Unfortunately, I've got an office manager who is too controlling. He took a call from a client and passed it on to me. This is a client I've never worked with before, but he insisted that I drop everything and call him because "priority." My actual supervisor, who is retiring, only works part time, and is the only person who has knowledge of his tax situation, isn't here. The manager refused to accept that I couldn't help the client. He pulled the "customer is always right" bullshit. So I called the client, only to receive a hostile attitude, a refusal on the client's part to speak with me about whatever, and a demand to speak to my supervisor. I let that office manager know that I did not appreciate the insistence that I speak to a client who didn't want to speak to me.
    Wow, that's a crappy situation.  I hope this really proves your point.  You told him that you couldn't help the customer, and then when he forced you to call the customer, the customer confirmed that you couldn't help him and just got more upset .... it sucks that he put you in that position!

• Options
    Remember when we were all in a lockdown and there were no concerts, fairs or ball games?
    We also didn’t have any of this:
    https://wgntv.com/news/brawl-in-stands-during-white-sox-cardinals-game-goes-viral/?fbclid=IwAR2kyH8GPFtfwYoBturFpzuCwspkxQ0X39BQxfRtu0pqJDkU56Vpfq_zkyg

• Options
    @climbingsingle, Happy divorce day! I know it's a lot of mixed emotions, but I hope you're relieved at least.

To hell with Tuesdays. That's all I've got.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    kerbohl said:
    Jen4948 said:

Wow, that's a crappy situation.  I hope this really proves your point.  You told him that you couldn't help the customer, and then when he forced you to call the customer, the customer confirmed that you couldn't help him and just got more upset .... it sucks that he put you in that position!
    Yeah. I've told him not to automatically transfer calls to me but he does it anyway. He transferred one to me a little while ago, but since the person in the cubicle next to mine, who is a senior employee here, and the head of the firm were having a conversation right next to my cubicle, I couldn't hear the person on the other end. I had to ask him to call me back. I'm still waiting for him to call me back.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    @mrsconn23 I just watched below deck I need a clue on which one you knew 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Ditto this!!! One of the girls that's on now was on the Bachelor years ago. I recognized her right away. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Ditto this!!! One of the girls that's on now was on the Bachelor years ago. I recognized her right away. 
    She never got identified by the show, but she's the one who licked the dessert of J-L's abs.