Wedding Woes

THURSDAY!

Popping in early though might be a post and run, busy work day ahead 

Re: THURSDAY!

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2021
    I'm so glad it's Thursday.  It would be better if it was Friday, LOL. 

Poor DefConn had bad heat rash last night.  He was so itchy and miserable.  In my search for allergy liquid for him, I found a bottle of benadryl that expired in 2017. Whoops. We were worried that it was poison ivy, but he's been wearing a plastic poncho a lot this week at camp since it's been rainy AF and I think that irritated his skin.  

DH and I are mapping out our updated (loose) 5 year plan since he's pretty sure he's going to be job searching in the next year.  And I got a raise, which has us reevaluating my career timeline.  If I am going to keep doing this, which is fine for now, I do need to figure out some outlet.  IDK if I'm going to take some sort of classes (educational or like, a weekly yoga class or whatever) or join...something.  I just need an outlet and a thing that's just for me. 

I'm glad my period showed up a week before vacation instead of on vacation, but this month is rough.  I've been cranky and tired for days and now I'm just overall blah this morning.  I need a nap or TV binge or both, plus someone to bring me food.  Heh. 

Prudie coming up. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    Ugh!  Sorry @kvruns, that sucks. House buying these days are extra hectic!
    @mrsconn23 congrats on the raise! And I LOVE getting my period before or after a vacation, there’s just something about having it “on the go” and not near known restrooms I hate too. 

I had a dream that involved a spider (trantula actually) and then woke up early with a bug crawling on me. it was too blurry to see what kind it was, but it’s not exactly how I wanted to start the day.
    Last night I asked again for a simple phone call from M, and he still said it wasn’t necessary.  So I kinda cried myself to sleep but I hope that’s the end of it and I won’t bother texting that coward again.  I wasn’t trying to win him back and told him I was one for “closure” and deserved a call.  He sees it otherwise.  
    Tonight is conjuring 3 for me.  I misread the length of it, and if I went to the good show last night, I wouldn’t have been home at a good hour.  Tonight’s is earlier. Plus, I got to catch up on some backlogs of 90 Day fiancé.

• I'm so screwed up this week lol I thought it was Wednesday.

Good news front -
    June 25th daycare is closed - my mum is taking tot for day. Possibly overnight :)
    Work announced that July 2nd we're closed since July 1st is a "holiday" - daycare is closed, but we'd planned BK going to IL's for the day {maybe overnight also} She hasn't seen IL's alone so we're discussing it.

Also I'm glad we're training BK soon. She's more apt to take off her diaper lately. We aren't pushing but I'm not fighting her to keep on her diaper. We've given warning that if she takes off her diaper, she's gotta try to sit on the potty and pee. Which she doesn't fight either.

Anyways Frozen 3 is slated for 2023 ish - so BK will be 5 and we could take her to theater probably :) 
  • So nice theybare giving everyone an extra long weekend, @MissKittyDanger. They probably knew people would take it off anyway lol

you’re excited for frozen 3 in 2023 and I’m excited that Rob Zombie is making a Munsters movie (probably also released that year).  This is a case of there really are 2 people in the world... 😆 

• I'm crabby and tired and my SB drink wasn't as good this morning.  Pro - my boss isn't here today!  He rarely talks to me anyway (which i'm fine with) but it's just more relaxing to plow through my stuff when no one can look over your shoulder.  We might send G to the IL's again this weekend for a night/day so we can finalize a few things around the house. 

@CharmedPam what a jerk.  
    @mrsconn23 good luck with your plan!  It's so important to have something just for you!

• @CharmedPam Quite a few people take the time off, and tbh my work has been really nice about extra time off. Like last year they gave us the Monday of Easter weekend off {we're normally not off} They're entertaining doing this if it lands right before a weekend :)
    I'm just excited I get a day off with tot at IL's also lol
  • @CharmedPam, What a selfish AH!!  Considering how long you all had been going out, the least he could do was have a phone call with you if that would have helped give you closure.  A phone call?  Pfft.  He should have had the break-up conversation in person, to begin with.

Unlike some of you, my work day is pretty slow!  I had good stuff happen yesterday.  With one of my mystery shopping companies, I picked up an audit for a nail salon.  It pays $95 for 90 minutes of work!  I also got accepted by a marketing research company to be in a 90-minute online focus group for $125.  Both of those events are next week and both of them, unfortunately, involve me taking time off work.  But I have vacation time I need to burn up anyway, so it isn't that big of a deal.

For the focus group, it is next Thurs. morning at 10AM.  I'm debating just taking the morning off from work and going into the office after lunch.  Or really saying f**k it and take both Thurs. and Fri. off, to create my own personal 4-day weekend, lol.  I do have a lot of vacation time.  But then I'll have another 4-day weekend just two weeks later for the 4th, so maybe it is better to spread it out more?  I'm having a tough time deciding what I would rather do. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh @CharmedPam, he's not a man-child...he's a full on baby.  I'm sorry it's making you sad.  God he sucks. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Despite being super busy I've done nothing today. Took a walk, quick grocery shop, eating too much and avoiding work. Now its 5 min away from a webinar starting so clearly I wont be working much again. Ooops 
  • Right @short+sassy, I’m pretty sure on Sunday, he had already made up his mind about the break up.  Instead of telling me in person and telling me why, he insults me, leaves early and thinks ghosting me is the way out.  🙄  and yes @mrsconn23, even though I love the word “man child” that fits the bill more lol.

Those sound like fun mystery shops. Let me get this straight... they pay YOU to get your nails done? Or do you think that work will be more than a $95 bill? Either way, if you have the time to use, it’s a great way to use it!
    I can't fathom why there are people cowardly enough to think that is a good break-up strategy, smh.  Have at least an ounce of decency for someone you cared about and who cared about you.

This one actually isn't a mystery shop at all, even though that is the type of company that assigned it to me.  So, alas, I am not getting my nails done at all.  It is a true audit where I'll be checking on their stock, facings, and safety measures.

So it is truly a $95 fee for one hour of work.  These audits can last as long as 3 hours, which is why it is a flat $95 fee.  But my scheduler told me, for this location, it is only one hour.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got my therapy appointments lined up again.  I'm usually really good about making sure I make them about a month ahead and I had forgotten to do that.  I called and he actually has an opening next week.  I was shocked.  That sort of seems like the world isn't experiencing as much trauma, because even as an existing client, if I forgot, he didn't have openings for a month.

I have to go talk to him about "okay, not actively in trauma, but I'm self-sabotaging a lot" and get some help fixing that.  I have this weird thing of punishing myself.  I've been aware of it before, but it's pretty bad this time.  I had thought I could start just seeing him 1x/month, but I've left it at every 2 weeks for now.  I had the thought this morning that even close friends have been telling me how strong I am and how well I've kept this all together.  And how my therapist keeps telling me I compare myself to some unknown perfect person and how it should be handled.  And realizing that the iron fist I use to keep myself together through trauma is itself a trauma based response that isn't healthy and the aftermath of that exercise of level of control  is something I've never dealt with in a healthy manner.  So yeah...not finished yet.

I'm going to go see a very good friend this evening.  He's moved into a new home and I cant wait to see it.  He kept reminding me...there are 6 dogs, 3 cats, and 6 children here.  I said, Yes, I've been around your family before!!  I am his mini-me though (except for that parental urge) and I'm excited to get to see him and his brood.  Otherwise, SSDD.  I'm so overwhelmed at work I've been avoiding doing anything so far this morning, which is probably not the most wise decision.
  • *hugs* @CharmedPam what an ass. 

@STARMOON44 I hope kitty is doing well

It’s my Friday today! Which I’m sure means it will be crazy. I already had one person call off. There’s so much to do to prepare our place for the party on Saturday. Plus I’m trying to fit in my workouts and other errands too. I hope the weekend goes smoothly. It’s going to be 106 next week. No thank you, that’s disgusting. 

• Sorry about your bad night @CharmedPam it will get better. ((hugs))

My child didn't nap today. I can barely think straight because I have been chasing him all day. I can't wait to go to bed. 😭

Glad your kitty is feeling better @STARMOON44
  • Doggo vibes @ILoveBeachMusic!  Also, LOVE Mindhunter.  I hope they do another season.  
  • I started watching MindHunters yesterday and I'm hooked. 
    You're going to be so mad, b/c they aren't doing anymore seasons.  I don't remember it ending on a cliffhanger, but I really liked the show and wanted to see more.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I started watching MindHunters yesterday and I'm hooked. 
    You're going to be so mad, b/c they aren't doing anymore seasons.  I don't remember it ending on a cliffhanger, but I really liked the show and wanted to see more.
    I heard it isn't totally DOA/canceled, it's just Fincher didn't know when/if he'd be able to do more and they released everyone from their contracts.  But it could maybe still happen, but like...not any time soon.  Maybe I'm hoping against hope, but that show was soooo... good. 
  • With all the talk we've had about sky-high real estate prices on here, check out what a $20K house in NOLA looks like, lol (be afraid)...

3675 Paul St, New Orleans, LA, 70131 | realtor.com®

My favorite part is the last line in the description..."this will not go FHA, VA", lmao.  Houses need to be in good condition to qualify for an FHA or VA loan.  They can be ugly as sin and outdated, but they can't need any repairs.

I'd guess the lot is more valuable than that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That would get snatched up here for $20K.  You can’t even buy a lot for that here!  Lol.  Which is what the buyer would be buying...

• That would get snatched up here for $20K.  You can’t even buy a lot for that here!  Lol.  Which is what the buyer would be buying...
    For sure!  But it costs about $10K-$15K to tear down a house, so the lot is actually less valuable having a derelict house on it.

Oh!  Have you gotten your appraisal back yet for the HELOC?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    yikes on that house!!

For sure!  But it costs about $10K-$15K to tear down a house, so the lot is actually less valuable having a derelict house on it.

The over time value is my favorite. What’s the neighborhood like? A lot in our village would go for WAY more than that. Even adding in the costs of a year down. 

Nothing yet :( but I googled how long it took to get it application to finish and 6 weeks is the average.  I didn’t do the app till I got back. 
    In my google search it said I need to meet criteria and one of them was having 20% of the mortgage paid off.  I don’t.  I refi’d full cost last year.... they’d tell me before all this if that would be a problem right? 

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    That would get snatched up here for $20K.  You can’t even buy a lot for that here!  Lol.  Which is what the buyer would be buying...

The over time value is my favorite. What’s the neighborhood like? A lot in our village would go for WAY more than that. Even adding in the costs of a year down. 

Oh!  That's because it was recently $29,900.  The price just dropped by $10K.

It's a decent neighborhood.  Low crime, average income ranch houses (usually).

Edited to add:  a house in good condition would probably be somewhere in the $80-$100/square foot range.  On the lower side for NOLA, but that is because it's in an area across the MS river from the Downtown and "main" part of the city. 

It's actually a bit of a unique neighborhood, but in a good way.  It has a "country" feel because of the large lots and neighbors being more spread out.  But it's also only 10 minutes from busy streets with strip malls galore and about 30 minutes from the Downtown.

I had a former coworker who lived around there and he had a few pygmy goats as pets.  They might be small and super adorable, but they are still farm animals and need about a 1/2 acre each.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker