Wedding Woes
Options

Isn't this kind of universal? Also, we were just (are still?) in a pandemic, so...

Dear Prudence,

I’ve always considered myself pretty likeable and easygoing, though I’m aware everyone thinks this about themselves, and we all can’t be right, right? Though for the first time in my life, I simply cannot make friends. I’m 35, with a live-in girlfriend, we get along great, but it’s kind of just us two. My girlfriend is perfect, but I wouldn’t hate a small group to balance things out with. But I’m not sure how to find one.

— Kind of Alone and Wondering Why

Re: Isn't this kind of universal? Also, we were just (are still?) in a pandemic, so...

• Options
    I just had this discussion with my therapist last night.  With some of the lifestyle changes I'm making, friendships are going to have to change and some of them will be lost.  I'm sad, but good with my decision.  However, I'm still an extrovert and still want people to hang out with.

So, I'm reaching out to people that I always made the comment, "We should hang out" to with actual, "I am doing this thing, would you care to join me?"  Older friends that I adore that maybe life has made things a little too difficult to meet up.  Also, I'm just taking myself out.  Meetup.com is good for finding groups of like minded people with like minded interests.  There are avenues out there, but it won't just fall into your lap like it did when you were younger.
  • Options
    Get in a club!  Figure out what you like and then do that. 

• Options
    100% explore your interests. Join the Y, cinema clubs, sports clubs, darts league, learn something new.