Honeymoon Discussions

Delaying a Honeymoon?

My husband and I just got married. It was a fairly budgeted ordeal and we really don't have the money to go on a honeymoon. We're both trying to start new jobs.

I hope that maybe in a year we'll be in a better place financially. Do you think that waiting will take the magic away?

Re: Delaying a Honeymoon?

• It might, depends on your all personalities.  But, even if it does, I wouldn't think it would take the magic away by that much.

Vacations to someplace you want to go are usually fun and a bit magical!

I think delaying your all's honeymoon sounds wise.  If it works out with your finances, maybe plan a 1-year anniversary trip and start saving and planning for it now.

Something else you all can do in conjunction with that (finances permitting) is take a shorter honeymoon stay-cation for a couple nights that's driveable and not too far away.  Depending on what you all like to do, it could be going to the closest big city.  A weekend camping trip.  Hotel by a beach.

Congrats on getting married and starting new jobs!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    juliefrom1991ILoveBeachMusiccharlotte989875
  • ILoveBeachMusicILoveBeachMusic Indiana member
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    It might, depends on your all personalities.  But, even if it does, I wouldn't think it would take the magic away by that much.

Vacations to someplace you want to go are usually fun and a bit magical!

I think delaying your all's honeymoon sounds wise.  If it works out with your finances, maybe plan a 1-year anniversary trip and start saving and planning for it now.

Something else you all can do in conjunction with that (finances permitting) is take a shorter honeymoon stay-cation for a couple nights that's driveable and not too far away.  Depending on what you all like to do, it could be going to the closest big city.  A weekend camping trip.  Hotel by a beach.

Congrats on getting married and starting new jobs!  
    That is exactly what DD and SIL did when they got married.
    juliefrom1991short+sassy