Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Delaying a Honeymoon?

My husband and I just got married. It was a fairly budgeted ordeal and we really don't have the money to go on a honeymoon. We're both trying to start new jobs.

I hope that maybe in a year we'll be in a better place financially. Do you think that waiting will take the magic away?

Re: Delaying a Honeymoon?

• Options
    It might, depends on your all personalities.  But, even if it does, I wouldn't think it would take the magic away by that much.

Vacations to someplace you want to go are usually fun and a bit magical!

I think delaying your all's honeymoon sounds wise.  If it works out with your finances, maybe plan a 1-year anniversary trip and start saving and planning for it now.

Something else you all can do in conjunction with that (finances permitting) is take a shorter honeymoon stay-cation for a couple nights that's driveable and not too far away.  Depending on what you all like to do, it could be going to the closest big city.  A weekend camping trip.  Hotel by a beach.

Congrats on getting married and starting new jobs!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It might, depends on your all personalities.  But, even if it does, I wouldn't think it would take the magic away by that much.

Vacations to someplace you want to go are usually fun and a bit magical!

I think delaying your all's honeymoon sounds wise.  If it works out with your finances, maybe plan a 1-year anniversary trip and start saving and planning for it now.

Something else you all can do in conjunction with that (finances permitting) is take a shorter honeymoon stay-cation for a couple nights that's driveable and not too far away.  Depending on what you all like to do, it could be going to the closest big city.  A weekend camping trip.  Hotel by a beach.

Congrats on getting married and starting new jobs!  
    That is exactly what DD and SIL did when they got married.
  • Options
    You are wise to wait. So many couples go into debt for their wedding and honeymoon. Start saving for your trip whenever you can and then go somewhere neither of you has ever been. It will still feel magical.