Wedding Woes

Monday

Whew!  I'm still recovering from this weekend.  Friday night, one of my other dear friends from college came into town.  I didn't think we were going to be able to connect, but she ditched her family reunion for us all to go out.  Saturday night I went out of town with some friends to see other friends drag show. We had an absolute blast at the club we were at.  I didn't get back to the hotel until 4 am.  I'm still recovering today.  I think I have a full on midlife crisis going on, but I'm having fun, so....?

Otherwise, back to the grind at work.  I have to F/U on some job apps and my book is on it's way.

Re: Monday

• I feel like I'm still recovering also, but I can't figure out why. Friday we took the day off and finished choosing all our materials for the bathroom. 4 weeks until work starts! Then we had dinner with my parents at an oyster bar. Just, yum. Saturday was a game, and then yesterday was chores and a short hike. 

My excitement today will be going to the office. The floor that I used to work on in my prior role is being repurposed as a "neighborhood" when the office reopens, something about hotel spaces. Anyway, whatever, I need to go clear my stuff out of my storage drawer. My office is still basically shut down with a whole authorization process for anyone that needs to come on campus. Apparently it's very weird to be there. I'm just hoping to get down there and back without getting stuck in traffic. 
  • Happy belated birthday @charlotte989875

Great news about HI! @short+sassy We had a lot of fun at the Kualoa Ranch and also on a tour called Captain Bob’s Picnic and Sailing Adventure (https://www.captainbobspicnicsail.com/). The sailing trip was actually recommended to us by several people who live on Oahu and it was great. I was on the fence about it originally but I’m glad we did it. 

Weekend was okay. I died Friday night and slept ten hours, which is unheard of for me. I think it was residual jet lag and the exhaustion of bs shenanigans at work. What a way to come back, ugh. Saturday I got my nails done and then FI and I had a semi successful date night at home. He was in a little bit of a bad mood for some of it but he eventually snapped out of it. Yesterday I hiked with FSIL and then mostly just relaxed at home. I thought trying to clean the house might have been too much and the barely 6 hours of sleep I got last night are agreeing with that. 

Otherwise it’s off to work today for more shenanigans. I need to get a fire under my butt and put out some feelers for other things. 

• Sounds like a fun weekend @VarunaTT, I wanted to hear a report back on the movie “old” but I guess you didn’t make it?  I’m thinking of going after work tonight for it. 

I did not.  I was thinking about going to a movie tonight, but the truth of the matter is that I need to sleep more.  The movie group I belong to for my movie pass is very mixed bag about it and it seems to be either you like it or you don't.  Same with Snake Eyes.  I'll probably try to go tomorrow.

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2021
    @Jstump2, I'm glad your all's open house went so well!  Congrats on accepting a great offer.  

@levioosa, thanks for the recommendation!

@CharmedPam, your wreath is so pretty!  It sounds like it would smell good also, being made from lavender and eucalyptus.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Congrats @Jstump2 that's wonderful news on the excellent offer!
  • YAY for a niece or nephew @climbingsingle!! I love being an aunt.  Is this your first one?

Ugh at your ex.  What a fucking asshole.  
  • Eeeek @Jstump2 that is amazing! 20 offers.  I want to put my house up now.  Lol.

yes @short+sassy, smells great!

@VarunaTTM. Night Shyamalan‘s movies have been falling the last few times. I still want to see it though. It’s “free” or no more money out of my pocket anyway. 

• Jeez can’t he just leave you alone @climbingsingle? Ugh, maybe one day he’ll get it through his piddly little man child brain that it’s legally over.  Hopefully, new phone stays with you for awhile.

yay being an aunt.  It’s the best thing ever.

• @climbingsingle that's kind of scary... But also, why? 
    @mrsconn23 sorry things didn't go the way your sister hoped. FX next time is better. 
    @Jstump2 that's amazing! Congratulations!
    @ei34 ((hugs)) I imagine that just really has to suck. No way around it.

Ssdd. Slowly getting packed. Today I went downtown and bought the beaded slippers my mom was asking for, that is crossed off my to-do list. Tomorrow I may go to the post office and get my international drivers license. I think my UAE license will be accepted by the rental car companies but I *think* Connecticut requires the international license too? Better safe than sorry anyway. Wednesday I will go to the gym, then a doctor's appt to do the NIPT test and then coffee with a couple friends in the afternoon. My one friend has kind of seemed distant for the better part of a year. She is in our group coffee chats but never accepted an invite to meet up or said anything about a better time. I thought it was because she was working but then found out she hasn't been working since January! But she reached out to get together before I leave, and I am happy to of course. Thursday, not a lot planned. Friday, I might go get a massage and pedicure. Saturday we will hopefully just be twiddling our thumbs until it is time to go to the airport.
  • @climbingsingle that's kind of scary... But also, why? 

I don't really know why he so insistent on still trying to fuck with me. AFTER the divorce was finalized, he tried telling me that he owed money on my phone still. Which he never brought up in 12 months of divorce proceedings. 

Maybe a week or so before the divorce was signed off on the judge, he had shut my phone off. At the time, I was still on his bill. And I had told him both in email and through my lawyer that I wouldn't be able to move my phone off his bill without his Verizon pin number. He knew this. And then he shut my phone off. Thankfully I was with a friend so I contacted him from her number. He tried saying that he didn't think I was using the phone anymore because I never responded to any text messages. Ugh, his number was blocked because he took out an OOP against me! And we had only been communicating through our lawyers or email. He made me unblock his number to turn my phone back on. Not once did he mention owing money on my phone. 

I told him that week to let me know when he'd be around so I could take my phone off his bill and keep my number. He never got back to me, so I just changed my number and put it on my own bill. That's when he started this crazy shit about still owing on my phone. My lawyer told him to submit a bill proving this. I told him to show me a bill. Nothing. And then Memorial Day weekend he reports my phone as stolen. It was a huge fucking mess for me to fix, but Verizon assured me he wouldn't be able to do it again. 

Well, apparently he decided to pull this shit again last Thursday. I started getting the same messages saying my device wasn't approved for use. 

At this point, I've yet to see any bill proving he owed money on that phone. I've not been in contact with him. I can only assume it has something to do with control. Which, what the fuck bro? Our divorce has been final since May. I moved out of the house 9 months ago. You got what you wanted. Move the fuck on!
  • @climbingsingle is it possible to get a restraining order? {or worth it}
    Also can you call your phone provider and advise that anyone but you cannot say anything on your file?
  • kvrunskvruns member
    what a mess @climbingsingle guessing he is undiagnosed NPD?
  • kvruns said:
    Yep. 
  • kvruns said:
    What's NPD?
  • kvruns said:
    What's NPD?
    Narcissist Personality Disorder, I think. 
  • kvruns said:
    What's NPD?
    Yes, this is what NPD is. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    kvruns said:
    What's NPD?
    the other day my mom asked me if I'd ever heard of it bc she had just learned about it and said wow that kind of fits STBX and I was like why yes, yes it does. My therapist has been guessing that for years and this process is making it all the more evident thathe has to be somewhere on that spectrum even if it isn't full on disorder
  • kvruns said:
    kvruns said:
    What's NPD?
    the other day my mom asked me if I'd ever heard of it bc she had just learned about it and said wow that kind of fits STBX and I was like why yes, yes it does. My therapist has been guessing that for years and this process is making it all the more evident thathe has to be somewhere on that spectrum even if it isn't full on disorder
    That’s awful that this is what you’re dealing with KV.  When do you close on the house? 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    8/11, though it needs some work and the  plan is to move at the end of August. Unfortunately these traits are what is making this much more difficult and I can't simply just be like "take him to the cleaners" bc I'm trying to ensure he is happy with things and thus it makes things a bit easier on my end even if I'm coming out on the losing end $ wise.