Wedding Woes

Monday

I hope you all had a good weekend.  My grandmother's 96th birthday was yesterday!  I called to wish her a good bday.  She was born and raised in HI, so I was excited to tell her about my upcoming trip.  We reminisced together about missing Hawaiian food.  She's been living in OH for many years, near my aunt.

I took a random vacation day, today.  It feels so luxurious!  I'm not doing anything luxurious, lol.  But just having an extra day to lounge around with no responsibilities is good for the soul!   
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Monday

• @short+sassy 96! Whew! HBD to her!

@charlotte989875 what's a career coach? Like a person to help you change jobs?

Weekend was just *chefs kiss*
    Saturday we did beach. Such a difference since last year with BK!
    The water was so warm from it being hot a.f all week, but the air was cool.

BK wore water wings as we were in the shallow part. It was different as I didn't have to feel I needed to be "on top of her" during entire time. So I could half sit in the water {great for my back :) }
    If BK knew boundaries of the water {don't go past ropes or too deep} then I would have felt comfortable sitting on the beach and watching her.

We all crashed post lake lol BK slept in the car a bit, but she enjoyed her quiet time in her bed.

Sunday we ended up going to IL's for dinner. There was a little kid beyond the fence that BK kept saying hi, so the dad invited BK over to play in the grass.
    It was so fun to watch.
    Little girl got sad for a reason, and BK - my highly reactive to emotions child - was like near her asking if she was ok. Then they hugged.
    And I died a bit lol

For a kid who really hasn't had much socialization, the small amount she's had has been so good :) 
  • I wasn't here on Friday because they dilated my eyes at my doctor's appointment Friday morning. I was seeing double on a computer screen until around 3:30 pm.  Then went to sleep because of the headache it gave me.  They have to do it every time b/c of the eye disease and the mole on the back of my eye.  Also, my eyeballs are aging as well, so now I have more specialized contacts.  Ugh.

Just worked this weekend.  Did a zoom meeting on Saturday with a friend who is getting married, while she tried on wedding dresses.  That was fun.  The rest of the time I just relaxed, did house chores, etc.  Nothing special.

Both bosses are back at work.  Blerg.
  • @charlotte989875, I follow a couple of career coaches from hearing them speak at things, but I haven't been in a situation where I thought it was worth the cost to hire someone. I'm very curious about what you learn.

I had a good weekend, at least the first part. Saturday we started that hiking challenge and did about 3 miles of the 66 total. We actually hiked twice that, but you only get to count going one way! Then the best shower ever and went out for sushi.

Sunday morning one of my BFFs told me that she'd caught her husband cheating, so went to go check on her. She's doing remarkably well, but I'm so, so pissed for her. I want to go cut his head off.
  • mrsconn23 said:

We have been watching Cocaine Cowboys on Netflix. It's so entertaining.  The former traffickers are so enigmatic and the Feds are so boring that I find myself on the traffickers 'side', LOL  
    I'm listening to a podcast called Behind the Bastards.  One of the episodes is the Queen of Cocaine about Griselda Blanco.  The hosts said she is featured prominently in Cocaine Cowboys, but they go even more in depth.  
  • VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:

We have been watching Cocaine Cowboys on Netflix. It's so entertaining.  The former traffickers are so enigmatic and the Feds are so boring that I find myself on the traffickers 'side', LOL  
    I'm listening to a podcast called Behind the Bastards.  One of the episodes is the Queen of Cocaine about Griselda Blanco.  The hosts said she is featured prominently in Cocaine Cowboys, but they go even more in depth.  
    OMG, I *love* that podcast. I adore Sophie and Robert Evans.  
    I don't think I listened to that one, so I'll have to go look for it. 

Griselda's story isn't featured in the updated series, as it focuses on Miami, Willy and Sal.  

• mrsconn23 said:
    VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:

OMG, I *love* that podcast. I adore Sophie and Robert Evans.  
    I don't think I listened to that one, so I'll have to go look for it. 

Griselda's story isn't featured in the updated series, as it focuses on Miami, Willy and Sal.  

It's from Jun 5, 2018 (still had it downloaded).  It's really one of the very first episodes.
  • Oh, I've been meaning to watch Cocaine Cowboys. 

I had such a fun weekend. Drove down to Atlantic City Friday to see Phish. I'm not really a huge fan, but my friends are and I tagged along. I was only going to stay Friday, but they all convinced me to stay Saturday too. Drove home last night. Thankfully not much traffic, but I'm tired and my knees hurt from dancing..haha. 
  • Oh, I've been meaning to watch Cocaine Cowboys. 

Do it.  It's so entertaining and interesting.  Also, the music and film footage of 80's and 90's Miami is *chef's kiss*.  Ohh and Alexia from RH of Miami is featured in interviews because she was engaged to one of the guys and had a kid with him.  AND Roy Black, Lea Black's (from RHOM too) husband, is heavily featured in throwback clips because he was one of the trafficker's lawyers. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Oh, I've been meaning to watch Cocaine Cowboys. 

Do it.  It's so entertaining and interesting.  Also, the music and film footage of 80's and 90's Miami is *chef's kiss*.  Ohh and Alexia from RH of Miami is featured in interviews because she was engaged to one of the guys and had a kid with him.  AND Roy Black, Lea Black's (from RHOM too) husband, is heavily featured in throwback clips because he was one of the trafficker's lawyers. 
    Oh wow. I saw that about Alexia but didn't realize Lea Black's husband is in it too. 
  • Did anyone see the explosion of #bamarush on tiktok?  I am obsessed with the parody videos with the outfit descriptions.  I was saying, "HEY Y'ALL!" at DH all day yesterday. LMAO 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Oh, I've been meaning to watch Cocaine Cowboys. 

Oh wow. I saw that about Alexia but didn't realize Lea Black's husband is in it too. 
    They didn't interview him, but he's ALL over the news footage and talked about by the other players. 
  • @CharmedPam no lake but you got a river ;) 
  • @CharmedPam, DH and I tried to get into season 3 of Virgin River and we just...can't get through it.  We keep finding other stuff to watch instead.  Have you finished it?  I know Hope never comes back because the actress who plays her couldn't get to set due to Covid.  

Does it get any better?  LOL 

SITB

Yup; help you change jobs/ career, review resume, identify skills and what careers would fit. 
  • @charlotte989875, I follow a couple of career coaches from hearing them speak at things, but I haven't been in a situation where I thought it was worth the cost to hire someone. I'm very curious about what you learn.

I had a good weekend, at least the first part. Saturday we started that hiking challenge and did about 3 miles of the 66 total. We actually hiked twice that, but you only get to count going one way! Then the best shower ever and went out for sushi.

Sunday morning one of my BFFs told me that she'd caught her husband cheating, so went to go check on her. She's doing remarkably well, but I'm so, so pissed for her. I want to go cut his head off.
    Would you mind sending who you follow? I’m researching ideas and curious if you found anything useful from them. 

SITB

Yup; help you change jobs/ career, review resume, identify skills and what careers would fit. 
    Ah okay!
    I know when M was job hunting, he was working with a recruiter - he helped M with finding right job, etc. They tweaked the resume and Linked In page also

SITB

Ah okay!
    I know when M was job hunting, he was working with a recruiter - he helped M with finding right job, etc. They tweaked the resume and Linked In page also
    Yah, recruiters are generally working for a company (or a few companies specifically) and are going to help you gear your materials specifically to that company, whereas a career coach is going to help you more figure out if you’re making a career change how to do that, how to figure out what type of job to look for, and then put together materials. So moreso helping the individual rather than going between a candidate and a company. 
  • Apparently career coaches need to be named Lindsey? 

Lindsey Pollak  https://www.linkedin.com/in/lindseypollak/

Lindsay Mustain  https://www.linkedin.com/in/lindsaymustain/ 

Stacey Guith https://www.linkedin.com/in/staceyguith/

• @mrsconn23 I lost interest in Virgin River, I still watched but it didn't do much for me. Then again I always compare it to Hart of Dixie and can never move past that
  • Side note my kitchen is starting
    I'm doing this corner first because it's easiest and that way after the 2 week cure time, I can move my microwave there

• @ILoveBeachMusic, oh no!  I'll cross my fingers for your all's little boy dog.  It would be so awful to have to put both your dogs down around the same time.  I'm sorry your son got in a car accident, but sounds like he is okay.  At least the other driver has insurance.  In my lifetime, I've been in an accident THREE times where it was 100% the other person's fault, but they were uninsured.  Never even got a dime just to pay my deductible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m so sorry about the pups @ILoveBeachMusic. And about DS’s accident. *hugs*

Weekend was pretty good for the most part. Saturday we went over to FSIL’s and went out to dinner. It’s probably one of the last times we’ll go out with surging cases in the area. We were able to sit outside and were literally the only party out on the patio which made me feel more comfortable. I wore a mask every time I used the restroom inside and man did I get some sour puss looks from other patrons for doing it. Sunday we just hung out and went to the pool. It’s *supposed* to start cooling down a little to the low 90s and mid 80s and I can’t wait. 

Otherwise, SSDD at work. FIs mom has COVID. She won’t get tested to confirm (and she’s an anti-vaxxer), but she’s had fatigue, weakness, diarrhea, and loss of taste and smell, so… His parents were like “how could this have happened? We have no idea.” Um, you’re not vaccinated and your church has been completely full every Sunday with 1000 person capacity. I’m shocked, shocked I tell you. *eye roll* We primed a pulse ox over to them yesterday and I hope they don’t put off seeking help if she gets worse. Ugh. 

• Nice @MissKittyDanger, is that a special kinda paint for countertops? 
    Oh no @ILoveBeachMusic what a week you’re having.  I’m so sorry if it comes down to both pups in a week. Let’s hope not!
    @levioosa… I hope they’re just mild conditions but I hear your frustration.  Does she at least wear masks out?

• @CharmedPam Yep! :) Amazon! I've been so impressed with it. The paint cans are so small but they've done 2 bathrooms and will finish my kitchen counters with likely some to spare! I'm using extra grey paint to do BK's toy box

Giani Granite Countertop Paint Kit- White Diamond, House Paint - Amazon Canada
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sending good vibes @ILoveBeachMusic

Weekend was uneventful enough if I count mastering drowning out STBXH’s bs.  Well, not mastering, but getting better at it.  Got all the kids’ back to school supplies and toying with new backpacks except that I bought the current ones at PB Kids so they’re still in terrific condition, even though this will be their 3rd year with them.  Im on the fence.