Wedding Woes
Options

Finally Friday

This weekend is going to be decision time.  DH passed the Wednesday interview and we're waiting on the official offer letter.  He's also trying to get a firm offer on the internal position he interviewed for yesterday.  I'm exhausted from discussing and weighing all the damn options, LOL.  My brain hurts. I can also feel myself holding the tension in my jaw.  

Tonight, my friend L and her son are coming over for dinner because our friend M is working and we haven't seen each other in a few weeks.  Tomorrow is boating.  Sunday is a Scouts thing.  I'm experimenting with a recipe idea DefConn suggested probably on Sunday.  If it works out, I'll share it.  

What's up for your weekend?? 

Re: Finally Friday

• Options
    I watched the first episode of Emily in Paris and just could not.  Phil Collins' daughter is a disappointment, LMAO. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I watched the first episode of Emily in Paris and just could not.  Phil Collins' daughter is a disappointment, LMAO. 
    YUP
  • Options
    Good luck with the camping @charlotte989875.  I hope baby does well.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Same! OMG, it's so bad.

We watched the first episode of White Lotus last night. I hate everyone, but I think you're supposed to.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Hair appointment tomorrow morning and then hopefully doing something social. Sunday is the anniversary of my brother's death, so we have to go do this gathering BS with my family and his old friends. I don't really like doing it, but it's a big deal to my mom. I'm hoping to get in a hike on Sunday morning, but I'm not supposed to wash my hair for a couple of days after the color and I don't want to show up icky to the thing. #FWP. 
  • Options
    Sounds like fun @charlotte989875!  I hope it goes well and that you have good weather!

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    Sounds like fun @charlotte989875!  I hope it goes well and that you have good weather!
    Thank you!! Fingers crossed the rain misses us!
  • Options
    I'll be spending time at church today helping make adjustments to our Sunday liturgy in a small attempt to acknowledge the unacceptable losses in Afghanistan. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 you're braver than me ;) We did a cabin when BK was just over a year and terrible decision for us lol
    Enjoy though :) 
  • Options
    YAY @missJeanLouise!!!  Congrats!  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Same! OMG, it's so bad.

We watched the first episode of White Lotus last night. I hate everyone, but I think you're supposed to.

I felt that way when I watched Friends from College.  I hated all the characters.  They were all terrible in their own way, super selfish and their marriages all failed due to their selfishness. The acting was well done but I rooted for them all to hate each other.

I have GOT to get on the ball for the weekend.  Kiddos need new shoes for school and I found out that Chiquita needs a gym uniform for school so at lunch today I guess I'm taking the kids shopping at the MS for gym clothes. (because the school picked the SUPER convenient time for working parents of noon to 2:30 to do this.   How do they think we can afford to live in this town?  Parents have jobs - I'm just lucky I have the opportunity to flex some hours.) 

DH and I need to put the finishing touches on Chiquito's birthday stuff and then get the kids prepped for 1st day of school.  I'm mourning the end of summer even though the weather should be beautiful once the kids are in school and I'll love 6 hours of quiet.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Same! OMG, it's so bad.

I felt that way when I watched Friends from College.  I hated all the characters.  They were all terrible in their own way, super selfish and their marriages all failed due to their selfishness. The acting was well done but I rooted for them all to hate each other.

Was that the one where one couple had a threesome in the living room with the babysitter? I fell off of that one too, because no one was very likeable. But then, I felt the same way about the office. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 you're braver than me ;) We did a cabin when BK was just over a year and terrible decision for us lol
    The nice thing is the cabin is ours so if it ducks and we leave early we haven’t spent any money. Also we know what’s there/ where everything is. And there’s indoor bathrooms or else I wouldn’t be going. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Same! OMG, it's so bad.

Was that the one where one couple had a threesome in the living room with the babysitter? I fell off of that one too, because no one was very likeable. But then, I felt the same way about the office. 
    I don't remember if that was part of it. The cast was Fred Savage, Coby Smulders, Billy Eichner, Keegan Michael Key and a few others.   They cheated on their spouses with each other, kept secrets from each other and it was like watching a car crash. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Same! OMG, it's so bad.

I don't remember if that was part of it. The cast was Fred Savage, Coby Smulders, Billy Eichner, Keegan Michael Key and a few others.   They cheated on their spouses with each other, kept secrets from each other and it was like watching a car crash. 
    I watched it.  It was like a very dark version of the show Happy Endings where none of the characters had redeeming qualities.  
  • Options
    The nice thing is the cabin is ours so if it ducks and we leave early we haven’t spent any money. Also we know what’s there/ where everything is. And there’s indoor bathrooms or else I wouldn’t be going. 
    Oh good! We had to room share with BK and she was teething GUESS WHO FORGOT ANYTHING FOR TEETHING {teether, motrin, etc}
    So BK didn't sleep great. Luckily we were with IL's so they took her for awhile so M & I could rest lol
  • Options
    I have to make a game plan for this evening.  I need to do laundry, get a small grocery list, and clean my apartment for company tomorrow evening.  I need to go over to my parents on Sunday to set up a few last things for mom.  My dad had the 2nd toe on his foot amputated to get an infection under control (he is a long time diabetic) and things are looking really good.  Which is a massive relief.  I love my father; he is also a massive PITA baby about anything medical and I didn't want this to become a major amputation issue.

Otherwise, just working and studying.  I'm so looking forward to the 2nd weekend in September, b/c I will be off for 3 days in a row and out of town!  In new clothes!  Having fun!
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Same! OMG, it's so bad.

It's so refreshing to see someone else who didn't like The Office!  I know some of the characters were supposed to be unlikeable and terrible.  But even the characters that I think people were supposed to like were just in the "at least I don't hate them" category, for me.

I have a mystery shop with a big bonus to complete when I get off work.  I was always planning to go to Sam's Club after that and I still am.  But now with Hurricane Ida headed straight for Louisiana, that place is going to be a madhouse and I am really dreading it.  Oh well.

They don't have a mandatory evacuation for NOLA.  Hopefully that doesn't change because it's stressful enough without it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh! I was going through my H’s cheating escapes when someone recommended Friendw from College so I coudlnt get past the first ep. office.  Office is amazing!
    @mrsconn23 I think whatever you decide your going to be better off! I think any decision at this point will be great for you!
    @missJeanLouise congrats!! One of each! ❤️ 

i’m heading to my parents today.  They were supposed to come and visit me but I’ll have more time with my nephews if I make it to them this weekend.  It’s a five hour drive but I’m stopping SO MANY times for gas, potty breaks, food, lotto tickets etc! LOL its more like 6. Plus I took my time getting ready this morning too.

• Options
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Same! OMG, it's so bad.

It's so refreshing to see someone else who didn't like The Office!  I know some of the characters were supposed to be unlikeable and terrible.  But even the characters that I think people were supposed to like were just in the "at least I don't hate them" category, for me.

Yes! Like people love Pam and Jim and I just don't get it. I feel like they're both people who you knew from high school and deliberately don't stay in touch with. 
  • Options
    Great walk on the beach today with my college friend then a bike ride with H. After getting cleaned up we drove through a new development - boy I wish we could afford one of those houses! H is fixing shrimp and grits tonight so yum! 
  • Options
    Yes! Like people love Pam and Jim and I just don't get it. I feel like they're both people who you knew from high school and deliberately don't stay in touch with. 
    The Jim & Pam plot was a boring storyline. They were not my top choice of characters. There’s an office pop up bar coming to Chicago and usuay people dress like characters when they go (my friends did for the Schitts Creek one).  I’d be Meredith.  Mostly because I’d ruin casual Friday’s at the office too. 

• Options
    Thinking of you @short+sassy . Hope Ida is kind to y'all.
  • Options
    Thinking of you @short+sassy I hope you all stay safe. 

• Options
    Yikes! Just tracked the map. Hope you’re ok @short+sassy

• Options
    Really hoping you’re all safe @short+sassy!!