Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    I don’t think they have an eta on that.  Usually it does take a long time :( last years tornadoes in the NY area had power down for a week! 
    I was hearing estimates from my customer that it was about a week - and that was for the production facility.  Usually companies restore power to business before residential areas.  
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    I don’t think they have an eta on that.  Usually it does take a long time :( last years tornadoes in the NY area had power down for a week! 
    I was hearing estimates from my customer that it was about a week - and that was for the production facility.  Usually companies restore power to business before residential areas.  
    My NOLA friend said Ida was a wind storm vs. Katrina being a flooding storm.  There's downed trees all over in the area and they, of course, have to be super careful about removal.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    My NOLA friend said Ida was a wind storm vs. Katrina being a flooding storm.  There's downed trees all over in the area and they, of course, have to be super careful about removal.
    That's exactly what I heard as well.  

My understanding is that if the hurricane eye goes west of you then you get the heavy winds.  If it's east of you then you get the major rain.  Obviously w/ a category 3 it sucks no matter what.  But this time the storm went west of Baton Rouge I think - so much of that area of Louisiana is affected by tons of wind.

Two weeks ago w/ Henri we were west of the eye and got a ton of rain.  To our east in RI it pulled a buoy from Block Island to the mainland.