Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress Preservation - Help an Old Knottie Out (15 Years Later!)

Hello all - I got married waaayyy back in 2007 and was a regular here at that time. I am still happily married, but after my wedding, I shoved my wedding dress in the back of my closet and have ignored it since (it's still on the hanger, wrapped in plastic). I really need to get it preserved, to save some space and finally protect it. 

In 2021, is there a go-to for wedding preservation? I know there are local dry cleaners that do it, but at the national level, is there an online service or something that everyone uses and loves, or is the general consensus to use someone local? My top priorities are 1) quality and 2) convenience. Please send me in the right direction so I can FINALLY take care of this, many thanks!

Re: Dress Preservation - Help an Old Knottie Out (15 Years Later!)

• FWIW - go with your local dry cleaner that you trust.  There's not really a go-to national company for this.  
  • Well darn. I don’t have a local dry cleaner that I trust because I just don’t need dry cleaning very often. Was hoping there was a “send off” option that everyone loved. But appreciate it, thanks.
  • I used a local cleaner years ago for my wedding dress. When my grandsons were born I had baptismal outfits made for them from my dress and had those cleaned and boxed at a local cleaner after the baptisms.
  • I used a local cleaner years ago for my wedding dress. When my grandsons were born I had baptismal outfits made for them from my dress and had those cleaned and boxed at a local cleaner after the baptisms.
    I love that!  What a wonderful way to recycle your wedding gown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker