Wedding Woes

Tired Tuesday

My kid hates sleeping and I’m exhausted. Work is busy and I need a nap. 

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but I’m too tired for excitement today. 

Re: Tired Tuesday

• and it’s Tuesday. Used to be a good day with 1/2 off movies but I don’t go to those anymore - plus I have the pass. Yesterday I caught up with my tlc shows, and it looks the same tonight.

• @charlotte989875 what's happening? also weird question, how old is baby M? {BK may have gone through similar issue}

Good news, BK is likely going back to prek next week!

Other news, BK is signed up for kindergarten and I'm all over the feels lol
    M & I are anticipating another lockdown next year, so this summer we're prepping things. Getting BK a table for work. Likely also getting an inexpensive tablet for her specifically.

We have a bunch of stuff I'm listing that we need to do/buy for her before September
    {ex: buy splash pants, hats, back pack, extra water bottle, practice lunch kit use etc}
  • FYI it's been a year since my nana passed.
    My aunt put her "in memoriam" today 

Not gonna lie. It's weird. Original stated M, BK, my dad & my cousin's gf
    This does not.

Moreen Ursula "Molly" Miller | Obituary | Ottawa Citizen (remembering.ca)
  • Ugh, @charlotte989875 i'm sorry.  The no sleep thing is kicking my butt right now too. H has been taking on a little more of the nighttime baby stuff since I'm starting to wean and getting bottles overnight a lot.  So that's been really helpful at least.   

I'm sick and should hear my COVID results today.  My family cannot catch a break in this department.  I think it's just a sinus infection and it feels different than when i had COVID in Nov but who knows. 

I'm waiting for some feedback on a project then i'm napping the rest of the afternoon.  

• So I spent the weekend in Memphis with a bunch of friends for a girls' weekend. I had taken Friday and Monday off. Originally I had a direct flight to Memphis for early Friday morning. Except United canceled that flight on Wednesday, and I had no choice but to rebook a flight that connected through Houston. 

Friday morning my flight took off almost 3 hours later, and not even because of the snow. They couldn't find anyone to tow the aircraft over from the international terminal. 

I missed my connected flight once I arrived to Houston at 2:55pm. United rebooked me on the next flight to Memphis, which was to take off at 7:45pm. Ok, that sucks, but I can make it work. I've certainly been stranded for longer at airports. 

At 6:30pm, I get an alert that my flight to Memphis was canceled. And they were trying to rebook me on a flight that left Saturday at 8pm! I found an AA flight, but not even direct. I still had to fly through freaking Dallas. 

United put me up in a Super 8, I got some sleep and went back to the airport at 4am. Finally got into Memphis at 10am on Saturday. 

Anyway, once I got there, it was so much fun. My flight home was direct and uneventful. But I am still exhausted and had about 400 emails to read just from Friday and Monday. Thankfully we're still working from home next week too - I think a lot more people tested positive over the weekend. 
  • @climbingsingle what a clusterfuck! Glad the outcome was good and you enjoyed your time but holy moly!  I love Memphis.  Did you do Beale? What’s that like?

• Trying to motivate myself to go walk even though it's maybe 30 degrees outside. I did workout videos inside yesterday but not sure I'm in the mood for that today. My wellness program at work has bonus points when you have 20 days in a month of 10K steps per day + 30 day exercise so I try to get that. So much harder to do when it's cold and I'm not motivated

Getting inundated with questions from clients about the new info that came out yesterday on getting reimbursed for at home covid tests from insurance. Clients think we should have the answer already but the insurance companies don't even know how they're going to handle it yet so until they know, we don't know
  • And of COURSE my rapid test came back positive.  I'm getting a PCR done this afternoon to be sure but the labs are so backed up i just hope I get results relatively soon.  
  • Casadena said:
    And of COURSE my rapid test came back positive.  I'm getting a PCR done this afternoon to be sure but the labs are so backed up i just hope I get results relatively soon.  
    Where are you going for pcr? I did mine at cvs 12:30 pm on the 8th and got it back yesterday on the 10th at 4:00

• @climbingsingle what a mess.

I'm supposed to attend a conference in March and I am secretly hoping that they cancel it due to Covid.  There are NO direct flights into that airport and with the current status and this happening as spring break week starts I am imagining a lot of sitting around in an airport finding an outlet to work near people at their breaking point.   I don't mind travel for work but the latest stories are making me want to rent a car and drive if I have to (it would be 14 hours with no stops!).  

Hugs for all of you testing positive.  I fear it's a matter of time but did send the kids to school in KN95s this week instead of their previous fabric masks w/ filters.  I hope that's the better choice as stated by the CDC. 
  • Casadena said:
    And of COURSE my rapid test came back positive.  I'm getting a PCR done this afternoon to be sure but the labs are so backed up i just hope I get results relatively soon.  
    booooooooooo
  • Casadena said:
    Where are you going for pcr? I did mine at cvs 12:30 pm on the 8th and got it back yesterday on the 10th at 4:00
    I'm going to a CVS too.  There was only one clinic (any "brand") I could find within ~30 miles with appointments today. 
  • To add to the testing frustration sites near here are closing the tests for today because of the cold.  I understand why - it's only 16 degrees!  However the inability to test is only going to make things worse especially for those who need a PCR. 
  • banana468 said:
    @climbingsingle what a mess.

I'm supposed to attend a conference in March and I am secretly hoping that they cancel it due to Covid.  There are NO direct flights into that airport and with the current status and this happening as spring break week starts I am imagining a lot of sitting around in an airport finding an outlet to work near people at their breaking point.   I don't mind travel for work but the latest stories are making me want to rent a car and drive if I have to (it would be 14 hours with no stops!).  

Hugs for all of you testing positive.  I fear it's a matter of time but did send the kids to school in KN95s this week instead of their previous fabric masks w/ filters.  I hope that's the better choice as stated by the CDC. 
    Yeah, flying is really just such a toss up right now. We had planned this girls' weekend months ago, and we actually surprised our friend that lived down there. Otherwise we would have postponed, but there was already so many plans in motion, and a lot of moving parts with pet care, child care, etc. My boyfriend is supposed to fly to Nola next month and he's even thought about driving. 
  • @charlotte989875 what's happening? also weird question, how old is baby M? {BK may have gone through similar issue}

M & I are anticipating another lockdown next year, so this summer we're prepping things. Getting BK a table for work. Likely also getting an inexpensive tablet for her specifically.

We have a bunch of stuff I'm listing that we need to do/buy for her before September
    {ex: buy splash pants, hats, back pack, extra water bottle, practice lunch kit use etc}
    He’s almost 1.5 and he’s waking up at night, screaming, and won’t go back down into his crib. He will fall back asleep on me but when I put him down will start crying again unless he’s out out. And we’ve done sleep training- he will cry for an hour or more if we’d let him. 

He will also cry harder if H tries to pick up. 
  • It's Tuesday.  SSDD mostly. 

In a weird space between wanting to be excited about my trip later this month, but also stressing a little bit on ::looks around:: the state of things.  We bought insurance, so if it doesn't happen at least the money is covered.  But imma need damages for a 3rd ruined bday...LOL 

Trying to come up with a bday list for my sisters and dad (they asked).  I'm so bad about making lists or saving things that I want to put on a wishlist.   So of course I'm all sorts of "IDK" at everyone.  

He’s almost 1.5 and he’s waking up at night, screaming, and won’t go back down into his crib. He will fall back asleep on me but when I put him down will start crying again unless he’s out out. And we’ve done sleep training- he will cry for an hour or more if we’d let him. 

He will also cry harder if H tries to pick up. 
    Has anything changed recently? Maybe something's thrown him off?
    I mean aside from Covid. It could also be a developmental change. BK use to get so off when she had a developmental change

FYI We're struggling with BK - she won't go down if I put her to bed. She literally will meltdown if I try to leave 
  • @charlotte989875, has he had any issues with ear infections or reflux?  

I'm sorry to hear it's been so rough.  That sucks. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    It's Tuesday.  SSDD mostly. 

In a weird space between wanting to be excited about my trip later this month, but also stressing a little bit on ::looks around:: the state of things.  We bought insurance, so if it doesn't happen at least the money is covered.  But imma need damages for a 3rd ruined bday...LOL 

Trying to come up with a bday list for my sisters and dad (they asked).  I'm so bad about making lists or saving things that I want to put on a wishlist.   So of course I'm all sorts of "IDK" at everyone.  

Oh man, a third ruined birthday. That really sucks. I'm sorry. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    It's Tuesday.  SSDD mostly. 

Oh man, a third ruined birthday. That really sucks. I'm sorry. 
    I'm trying to will it into existence that by Jan 28th shit's a lot calmer than it is currently.  LOL   I'm hoping the insurance is 'wasted' money.  
  • banana468 said:
    To add to the testing frustration sites near here are closing the tests for today because of the cold.  I understand why - it's only 16 degrees!  However the inability to test is only going to make things worse especially for those who need a PCR. 
    Are the sites walk-up and they're worried about people waiting outside?  It they're drive-up, it makes no sense.  Our testing site by our house is drive-thru and we did drive-thru vaccinations for DefConn's two rounds and my booster. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    To add to the testing frustration sites near here are closing the tests for today because of the cold.  I understand why - it's only 16 degrees!  However the inability to test is only going to make things worse especially for those who need a PCR. 
    Are the sites walk-up and they're worried about people waiting outside?  It they're drive-up, it makes no sense.  Our testing site by our house is drive-thru and we did drive-thru vaccinations for DefConn's two rounds and my booster. 
    I think it's for the workers in the drive thru? Those driving can stay warm but those swabbing could only stay outside for a short time.

I get it.  It's super cold - but the managing of this needs to be better.  

Also, I can't remember how old you'll be for this birthday but if it makes you feel like misery gets company I threw DH a big 40th birthday party 2 years ago.   I turned 40 in April of 2020.   I finally just decided to throw out all the 40th birthday recommendations.   Hopefully I stay healthy and earn something for my 45th or 50th?  

(DH did good and bought me a gorgeous ring for my 40th but I haven't had a birthday party with friends since my 30th - womp womp)
  • banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    I think it's for the workers in the drive thru? Those driving can stay warm but those swabbing could only stay outside for a short time.

I get it.  It's super cold - but the managing of this needs to be better.  

Also, I can't remember how old you'll be for this birthday but if it makes you feel like misery gets company I threw DH a big 40th birthday party 2 years ago.   I turned 40 in April of 2020.   I finally just decided to throw out all the 40th birthday recommendations.   Hopefully I stay healthy and earn something for my 45th or 50th?  

(DH did good and bought me a gorgeous ring for my 40th but I haven't had a birthday party with friends since my 30th - womp womp)
    Ugh, what a cluster with the testing.  I get the people can't stay out for too long.  But yes, there has to be a better way. 

It's my 40th.  Also I'm going with my two oldest and best friends, one turned 40 near the end of last year and the other turns 40 this spring.  Going now was to 1) get the eff out of winter and 2) this falls right in the middle of all our bdays.  We're all still holding on to hope we'll get to go and things will happen without incident.  But COVID is a bitch that sometimes has other plans. 

Jan 2020, mom was in ICU on my bday and no one felt like celebrating anything, myself included.  Last year, we had to go to DH's grandma's funeral and got back the day before my bday; and then DefConn got quarantined for our rescheduled date.  
  • @Casadena, that totally sucks!  Especially since you just had it in Nov.  Geez!

I still don't have any of the "typical" COVID symptoms and I feel fine, but I think I have it.  I happened to catch a post on my Type 1 diabetes subreddit where everyone was talking about how much their blood sugars had inexplicably spiked when they had COVID.

An entire day (Sunday) before I read that on Monday, my BGs (blood glucoses) had been super bizarre all day.  Weirdly high and I'd have to take 2-3x the amount of insulin I normally do to bring it back down.  It would be back down for a little while.  But then it would shoot back up even if I hadn't eaten anything.  The same thing has been happening yesterday and today, though now I'm keeping it in better control because I learned I need to take 2-3x the insulin.  But that's scary too because it could suddenly go back to normal.  Thank God for my BG sensor.  I've been watching it like a hawk for the last two days.  It would be way more of a PITA if I was having to do the old-fashioned finger pricks 20+ times/day.

The CDC guidelines said I shouldn't try testing until tomorrow.  There is a testing site in town through a big local medical group that has very rapid, free tests.  They advertise that the results are generated in 5-15 minutes.  I tried calling for an appointment today, but they only let you call the day of.  It's a drive thru deal and they also take unscheduled drive-ups, but I assume I'll have a shorter wait if I make an appointment.  I'm going to try to make an appointment online.  I'm not sure if that also has to be the "day of" or not.  I just hate doing a whole registration for one, stupid thing.  But better than waiting an even longer time, in line. 

---------------------------------------

Ugh!  So I just had a long text message conversation with the tenant I complained about the other day.  This is with the daughter, not the mom.  Recap: they still owe $155 from last month, $310 from last year's overdue rent that they're on a payment plan for, and normally pay half the rent on the 10th and 24th.

Last week, she said she was waiting for a check that should arrive on the 19th, but could pay the $705 (Jan. half plus Dec remainder) with it.  Oh, but she also has COVID and will be losing more work because of it.  I'm already PO'ed because Dec. is short and now Jan.'s 1st payment will be 9 days late.  But whatever.  I agreed to that.

Today she texts and asks if it would be okay if she paid all the rent at the end of the month.  No.  That is not okay.  At all.  I said it more nicely than that but, wtf.  I told her she could pay the second half of Jan's rent at the end of the month.  But between owing $300 in rent for over a year, plus still being short on Dec.'s, I just couldn't allow no money to be paid until then.  I also told her they didn't have to pay their $50/month toward arrears for last month and this month.

So now she tells me she has the money in her "work savings account", but isn't allowed on the premises until she has a negative COVID test.  So I'm thinking, "Oh okay, no problem.  She can Venmo it to me or use my online payment portal."  Because I'm picturing it's a small real bank branch or offshoot office of a real bank.

Except according to her description, it's not.  The absolute only way she can access the money is by walking in and withdrawing it.  I'm guessing it's cash, which actually just makes this story even more bizarre.  FWIW, I'm not totally sure where she is working.  Last I heard, it was a jail.  But that was 3-4 years ago. 

Serious questions, "Have any of you ever heard of anything like this?"  I don't want to think this is total bs, but I've never heard of it and it sounds completely bizarre.  There just can't be that many people who would agree to be paid in a "work savings account", that they can only access at work.

I've worked at facilities that had a bank on the premises.  But it was a real bank.  I've also had a tenant who didn't have a bank account and her employer paid her paycheck onto a debit card.  But that was a card in her possession.  

So then, my next question was, "I don't want to pry into your medical stuff, but is there a reason you don't think you will test negative until the end of month?"

Her:  "I didn't say I wouldn't be negative by then, but if I'm not then what?"

Uh...yeah ya did, just not those exact words.  I even scrolled back to her first message and it was, "Would it be okay to just pay the entire rent at the end of the month?"  That's a question of what she would like to do.  It is NOT, "what IF I'm still testing positive and can't get to the bank by the 19th."  When I said "no" to her first question, now I feel like she made up this elaborate story of "really, I have the money, I just can't access it because (COVID)".  And is already setting me up for "oh no, I'm still testing positive and still can't go to my work".

What I actually replied was that I would need to talk to my H and get back to her.  

I looked it up.  Apparently people can potentially test "positive" for weeks or months with the PCR test.  But not the antigen test, which happens to be the test I'm taking tomorrow.  The guidelines are isolation for at least 10 days from first symptoms or first testing positive, as long as symptoms are gone.  If symptoms are not gone, than 3 days after symptoms disappear.

So. Yeah. The 19th is after that window, as long as her symptoms have disappeared.  I'll pass along that info to her about being sure to take an antigen test and can even tell her exactly who has them, where to go, and they're free.  Except I won't mention if "symptoms are gone".  That's just giving her another ready-made excuse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Follow up question:  For those of you who have had or a loved one has had COVID and the work is "in person", is that normal for a workplace to demand to SEE a negative PCR test before letting someone come back to work?  I'm not saying it isn't and it would make sense.  I'm just not so sure most employers do that.  I'm pretty sure mine doesn't.

And spiked again with my BG!  With the indicator arrow pointing straight up, which means it is trending high and fast, smh.  I usually take three shots/day of my fast acting insulin, which is taken shortly before meals, but I'll also occasionally take an extra shot of that if my BG is too high.  I've been taking 7-8 shots/day since Sunday (sigh).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy it almost sounds like her "work savings account" is because she works for a pawn shop or a check cashing place and she cannot go into that place or into those places until she has a paycheck that can be cashed. 

I cannot imagine that there is any kind of legit bank tied to work that requires you to be on site in order to get your money or else this would be a way that shady employers can easily fire workers and hold their money hostage. 
  • According to our HR department, HIPAA applies to COVID-19 testing results.  In addition, if employees at my employer test positive, they can return to work after the 6th day of isolation if they are fever-free with no medication for at least 24 hours.  They understand that loss of taste and smell and a cough can linger and one does not need to be symptom free to return to work.  While I WFH we have numerous employees who must be on site in order to perform their jobs (we are a mfg company).  

Is your tenant Shirley Temple?  She's tap dancing all over the place. 

• edited January 2022
    @short+sassy I can't speak to the bank thing but you can test positive up to 90 days after asymptomatic with covid. A friend of mine had it this summer and her doctor told her that (she was traveling domestically so she asked - not an issue if domestic but yes if international).