Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

How many servings does a 10" bundt cake have??

For my wedding, we are planning on getting a fake cake and then a bunch of bundt cakes on the side for serving. I was wondering how many servings do you guys think each cake will give? On the nothing bundt cake website, it says 18, but I wanted to see if I could stretch that more? We're expecting 180-200 guests.

Re: How many servings does a 10" bundt cake have??

• I don't think you can stretch it more than that.  

Consider that an average cake mix makes a layer cake, sheet cake or a bundt cake.  It makes about 18 cupcakes so 18 servings of a bundt are about the most you'd get.

Could you work with a baker and go with sheet cake instead?  You'd likely need fewer and they can be frosted easier than a bundt.
  • For my wedding, we are planning on getting a fake cake and then a bunch of bundt cakes on the side for serving. I was wondering how many servings do you guys think each cake will give? On the nothing bundt cake website, it says 18, but I wanted to see if I could stretch that more? We're expecting 180-200 guests.
    Nothing says "I didn't plan well for this dessert" like a sliver of bundt cake. I would have said 16 servings, because most of my bundt pan designs are based on 8 design motifs.
  • What I will say:  years ago I had my daughter's 1st communion and I had delicious sheet cake made by the local bakery and it wasn't that expensive. 

My wedding cake was $500 in 2007.  My one 1/2 sheet cake served about 40 people if my memory serves me.  

• For my wedding, we are planning on getting a fake cake and then a bunch of bundt cakes on the side for serving. I was wondering how many servings do you guys think each cake will give? On the nothing bundt cake website, it says 18, but I wanted to see if I could stretch that more? We're expecting 180-200 guests.

If your budget is that tight, consider getting sheet cakes from Costco, GFS or another local food warehouse.  The cakes are just as good, if not better, and everyone can get a decent portion for dessert.
  • Definitely get a sheet cake or two rather than bundt cakes! I know that a single bundt looks prettier than a sheet cake, but for a wedding, multiple bundts scream "church potluck."