Wedding Woes
Options

Monday came back around again.

How was the weekend?

Ours was OK.  I worked Saturday.  DH helped FIL install floors all.damn.day and then we had a friend that was in town handling his mother's home (she passed last year) that stopped by.  I saw him for a few and then I went to bed because I was too tired to entertain and didn't want to crash on the couch. 

Yesterday, we didn't do much.  We watched The Batman (great, but too long) and our friend's M+L came to dinner.  

DH didn't sleep well last night.  He's so grouchy. He's going into work super late.   At least it's gloomy out, so his mood matches the weather. 

I hope all the Covid-ers are on the upswing.  

Re: Monday came back around again.

• Options
    Weekend was decent. I have to make a float (push or pull) for PreK graduation parade. Have been putting it off for the 1-2 months I've known about it because I hate crafty crap. Finally figured it out to make a train that he will pull.  Spray painted boxes on a windy day (bad idea); now DS will have the job of doing the decoration type stuff. 

Tomorrow is a super busy day with work, today is just mildly busy so i'm taking it a little easy. Hopefully having someone come buy my gas mower. It worked last summer and then stopped but I found an electric set I'd wanted so I didn't worry about trying to fix it. I think it just needs a carb cleanout type thing so I was trying to sell it for $25 since someone with a little handy knowledge should be able to get it working just fine.
  • Options
    Saturday I did laundry and cleaned the bathrooms.  When I finished I figured after I started to feel tired and my throat was scratchy I should test.  And then my double line pos showed up on the Binax.

Chiquita remained neg and is still so she served Sunday at Mass staying masked.  

Yesterday I washed all the blankets and pillows on our couches and then took a 2 hour nap. After that I put on a mask and made peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2022
    @kvruns you = me on projects.  My best work is last minute work!
    @Jstump2 wtg on the time being beat. Still 4.5 is a long time! I’m probably the last person you want on your team to assemble something. Instructions are always in a different language to me.

Saturday was a slow start, I kept on going back to sleep after waking up.  But I was up and ready to go to a winery lunch with a meetup group nonetheless. Sunday was more productive for me.  Worked out, cleaned the house a bit. Colored my hair, spent almost 3 hours at the salon to get my multicolored extensions put in (didn’t know it was such a process!). I have black hair and chose some caramel/reds to put in, but the black blends them so well, you can really only see it in the daylight. I’m wondering if I wasted a lot of $$$ on it.  It’s barley noticeable. Oh well. What’s done is done. 

Eta for pic: I’ll save you the view of my face blown up, and all the craters, pores and imperfections lol. Don’t know how large it’ll be.  See? Has to be taken outdoors or you don’t see anything!

• Options
    Thanks @charmedpam! I had mentally prepared for it being a 2-day project so I was stoked we got it done in 1. I was always the person to assemble ikea type furniture growing-up but H is leagues above me in his handiness. 

Bummer about the hair. I always feel that way when I get highlights, They are usually subtle and I wonder if the time and money was worth it.
  • Options
    @Jstump2 good job on the swingset build - that's impressive on the timeline!  I'd like a small one for DS but no way I'd be able to do it, I'd give up

• Options
    @CharmedPam I used to be so on top of life but now if I get a super far out deadline like this I'm definitely not touching it until a little too close for comfort

• Options
    Our weekend trip went well.  Friday we drove through wind and heavy rain for a few hours.  Temps in the 40s when we left home and it was 89 when we arrived in Nebraska!  The wedding was beautiful.  We had a nice time visiting with my Sister's family.  The highlight of the weekend was meeting our new puppy nephew, Romeo!  He's an 8 week old Jack Russel.  OMGosh so tiny and cute.  They were planning to pick him up next weekend but plans changed and they brought him home on Friday.  His big brother (9 yr old min pin) is not sure what to think of the new kid.  

Back at work today.  SSDD
  • Options
    The weekend always goes too fast. 

Phish was super fun, though I'm exhausted after two days of shows. My whole body hurts, I'm assuming from all the the dancing.

Found out this morning that a coworker I work closely with tested positive, along with a friend that I was hanging out at the shows with. I feel fine now, but will just have to wait and see. 
  • Options
    The weekend always goes too fast. 

Phish was super fun, though I'm exhausted after two days of shows. My whole body hurts, I'm assuming from all the the dancing.

Found out this morning that a coworker I work closely with tested positive, along with a friend that I was hanging out at the shows with. I feel fine now, but will just have to wait and see. 
    FWIW DH was hanging out with Friends Fri night and by Sun night he complained that his sinuses bothered him and affected his sleep.  Monday night he slept poorly enough that he decided to WFH and he couldn't stay awake after 1:30.  It was at about 5 PM that he got a pos.   

Starting that day  he kept his distance and I made it 3.5 days before my pos result. 

Not saying that all covid cases work the same way but since we aren't far from each other and it could be the same variant I figured I'd share my experience.

• Options
    It took me 5 days from exposure to test positive on a rapid test. 
  • Options
    @Jstump2, congrats on the quick swing set assembly!  "Swing set picnic" is so cute!

The S8 rental applicant I was talking about on Friday did have her job reference come through fine.  Her background check also came back clean.  I offered her the home and she CashApp'ed me the deposit.  We met on Saturday and signed both the lease and her Section 8 voucher paperwork.  She said she will turn it in today.  That's what starts the long (sigh) process.  It's a bummer to be waiting at least until June 1st, and possibly longer before I'll start being paid rent.  But then it's sweet, because the majority of the rental payment is directly deposited into my account like clockwork.

It's also so nice to have made a decision.  Pulled the ad down.  No more calling references.  No more answering FB messages.  My H can refocus on finishing the reno's at other properties, instead of answering the phone and going to showings.  Phew!  

Last night, my neighbor invited my H and I out to go and get pizza at a local Italian restaurant that is walking distance to our house.  Wow!  The pizza was terrible.  It's been years since we've been there.  It was never great pizza, but it wasn't this bad.  For example, I got a Spicy Shrimp.  I can only guess that they minced shrimp and mixed it with the cheese or something.  Because it tasted like shrimp, but there were no pieces of shrimp.  WTF?!?!  It was at least good enough to eat, but it felt more like eating a cheese pizza which is something I never order.

She's been working really long hours, so it was nice to catch up with her.  But she ended up inviting a bunch more people after we agreed to go, which ended up making it a little chaotic because then we didn't know how much of a table to get.  Then we ended up not ordering for awhile as we waited for other people to arrive.  At least it was nice to meet new people.

This particular restaurant doesn't have a liquor license, but you can bring in your own stuff.  There's a handy small grocery store the next block over.  Our friend went to get three bottles of wine.  We suspected she was already pretty buzzed when we got to the restaurant.  But man.  By the time we were leaving, she was "that" drunk person.  Slurring her words.  Repeating herself.  She started being mean and insulting people, for no reason.  It was hard to get her to leave.  At least she could still walk back to our street.

She's a good friend of mine, but my H isn't too fond of her.  For exactly these reasons.  He walked her back to her door.  She called him a f**cking AH because he told her she needed to go inside and she didn't want to (sigh).  He's not much of a drinker himself and it's definitely a pet peeve of his when people get so drunk, you need to babysit them.  He rarely wants to hang out with her and this did not help!  Oh well. 

I still chalked it up to being a good night, overall.  We don't go out much, so it was nice to socialize.  I had a lot of wine myself and am fortunate that I'm feeling just fine this morning.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The weekend was too short.  I was exhausted apparently, b/c I slept a lot.  I did go out for a bit on Friday, just to get some hugs from friends that I needed, but I was home by 8.  Just kinda vegged all weekend.  Got my haircut finally (it was 3 weeks overdue).  Watched The Bubble on Netflix (highly recommend, I laughed out loud multiple times), saw The Batman in the big screen (worth it, but that movie is just too long).  

Going to see The Northman tonight.  Really hoping for lots of hot people running around mostly naked.  However, I have also heard it's gruesomely violent, so also a little hesitant.  It's nice to be seeing movies again, it was like I had to break the ice or something to start going and now I'm all in.

Just grinding away at work and SSDD most of the time.  Trying to make a plan to go see my good friend in StL sometime in May.
  • Options
    Friday was good. Really good. Like "didn't realize I needed it" kind.
    So BK was home Thursday and Friday because of snots - allergies - but Friday she was tired but upswing at least.
    My mum met me at starbucks instead, we got coffee then went to our spa appt.

Guys never go to a boujee spot for your nails lol I usually go to places that are good but inexpensive, and this was just so ... idk. Fancy. I was texting M joking that I felt like a housewife because I'm at the spa in the middle of the day lol

Afterwards my mum and I went for food and did groceries. I did a place I don't normally go. If it weren't for deals, I would have been way under budget lmao
    BK needed sleep pull-ups {after her being sick, we didn't wanna stop them yet} and then I was $10 from a deal .... so I grabbed a pair of $29 shorts I had just been looking at.
    I helped my mum bring her groceries home, chatted briefly and then headed home.
    It was good day.

Saturday was ok.
    BK had gymnastics and she so missed it lol she's still in a class where a parent has to be with her, but we figure next fall she can be solo while we sit in a little lobby.
    M got a great shot of her in the foam pit lol

Sunday was just a day.
    8th anniversary of my dad's passing.
    I got paint etc to start bathrooms next weekend. I also got dry dex because I need to fill some cracks and holes. We're removing/replacing the shelf in the half bath and I'm adding a mini shelf in master bath
  • Options
    I just took a test at work. Negative so far but I grabbed a bunch more. I'm starting to feel crappy, but I honestly don't know if it's just from overdoing it this weekend. 
  • Options
    I just took a test at work. Negative so far but I grabbed a bunch more. I'm starting to feel crappy, but I honestly don't know if it's just from overdoing it this weekend. 
    If you were with Covid + people I would guess that you'll test +. 

DH's first test was neg on Mon and pos Tues.  My test on Saturday was a faint line.
  • Options
    Weekend was totally low key since we can't go anywhere. The weather was really nice. I did some yard work - oh why do weeds have to grow so well- and got our screened porch set up for warm weather. I even took a nap on the couch out there - it was glorious. The third grandson tested positive yesterday. The boys are all acting normal though so thankfully it looks like mild cases. As I said on the other post, DD and SIL are still negative. They are all suppose to be down here next week. After tomorrow, I can go out while masked (according to CDC guidelines).

I also spent the last couple of days and today cleaning. I know on the first floor it is a moot cause because of the construction, but I have to try and keep the dust down or I'll sneeze and cough all day long. My eyes are an itchy mess - the joys of springtime in Indiana!
  • Options
    @Casadena we used an independent person - well it was a team of 2. From what I found independent was cheaper, but the downside is if the person is sick or otherwise flakes there isnt someone to take the place. the cost savings was still worth the occasional hassle to me. 
  • Options
    I feel like I need to update my LinkedIn page but I just don't want to, it seems like so much of it is more "social" now and not just like a resume type things.  "I'm an innovator with a passion for helping seals find their passion in the ocean" or whatever. Not my jam. But I haven't updated it in like 8 years so I feel like I should
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    As if my family isn't crazy enough right now - i got called for jury duty next week.  I'm still hopeful i can defer .I am not anti jury duty, i would actually be excited to do it if it wasn't during G's next chemo treatment and also my busiest day of the quarter.  We'll see.  My boss just laughed when I told him.  

We are insane at work right now, definitely not the slow ramp up I was hoping for.  

We have about a million things to do around the house.  I think we're officially hiring a housekeeper/cleaner.  Those who have one, do you use a company or an independent person?  I like certain things about both options but don't really know where to start. 
    Murphy's Law at work!

I've never served on a jury.  I think I'm disqualified from serving because I'm a Type I diabetic, at least in my area.  I've never been flat-out told that.  But I've gotten a letter a couple times over the years, that require me to go to the courthouse to register/qualify (for lack of a better phrase) for jury duty.  That first visit is only 15-30 minutes.

I always tell them I have insulin-dependent diabetes, plus (I think) it's one of the diseases listed on the form.  They've always told me they'll check me off for showing up, but I don't need to take any more actions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Casadena, We use an individual. She's grown her business and sometimes has someone come along and help, but she always comes. The thing I didn't like about a service is that they send different people. Scheduling can be a drawback with an individual, though. 

This weekend went too fast. I don't know how I'm always tired on Monday, even after a mostly chill weekend. Friday we went ahead and knocked out yard work before dinner and then pretty much laid around. I don't even know what happened to Saturday. I worked a couple of hours, did a little organizing and then it was suddenly time for dinner. We watched the Batman at home. It was so long that we ended up having to finish it yesterday. I liked it; I thought H's summation "emo batman" wasn't completely off. I was surprised to not hate Robert Pattinson. I thought I couldn't stand him, but I guess I just really couldn't stand twilight. 
  • Options
    @Casadena - we use a small family-run business and they always send the same 2 ladies.  Prior to this, I used individuals.  The first one quit because she got a job with benefits.  I ghosted the second one because she kept missing obvious things, even after I repeatedly asked her to be sure to clean them (like dusting the night stands).
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2022
    Weekend was great! I went out to Ohio to run a half marathon with my running bestie and we had a fantastic time. It was super warm but we had a really great time running then just vegging out together. It was amazing. We also watched both seasons of Ted Lasso and now I’m obsessed. 
    Did you see the story that came out yesterday how Olivia Wilde was served custody papers from Jason Sudekis while on stage introducing the movie she directed at some festival this week?  Awkward.  

I do want to think it was some process server that was feeling bold that day, but however it was handled...it was very cringe.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Weekend was great! I went out to Ohio to run a half marathon with my running bestie and we had a fantastic time. It was super warm but we had a really great time running then just vegging out together. It was amazing. We also watched both seasons of Ted Lasso and now I’m obsessed. 
    Did you see the story that came out yesterday how Olivia Wilde was served custody papers from Jason Sudekis while on stage introducing the movie she directed at some festival this week?  Awkward.  

I do want to think it was some process server that was feeling bold that day, but however it was handled...it was very cringe.  
    I was thinking the same thing!  I want to think better of Jason Sudekis and think he is working with a lawyer who hired a process server doing this but the optics make him look like a jerk.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

I saw that! Ted would never intentionally do something like that. 

I read that Jason Sudeikis made a statement saying the company was responsible for the timing and he never would have done something so inappropriate. That sucks. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

I saw that! Ted would never intentionally do something like that. 

I read that Jason Sudeikis made a statement saying the company was responsible for the timing and he never would have done something so inappropriate. That sucks. 
    Yeah, I saw the statement he made.  I really do think it was a 5 secs of fame grab from the process server.  Most public people don't want this type of stuff playing out publicly.  They're much happier with TMZ finding it and reporting it and it going away after a day or so because it's on to the next 'scandal'.