Wedding Woes
Options

Monday came back around again.

2»

Re: Monday came back around again.

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Weekend was great! I went out to Ohio to run a half marathon with my running bestie and we had a fantastic time. It was super warm but we had a really great time running then just vegging out together. It was amazing. We also watched both seasons of Ted Lasso and now I’m obsessed. 
    Did you see the story that came out yesterday how Olivia Wilde was served custody papers from Jason Sudekis while on stage introducing the movie she directed at some festival this week?  Awkward.  

I do want to think it was some process server that was feeling bold that day, but however it was handled...it was very cringe.  
    I saw that! Ted would never intentionally do something like that. 

I read that Jason Sudeikis made a statement saying the company was responsible for the timing and he never would have done something so inappropriate. That sucks. 
    Yeah, I saw the statement he made.  I really do think it was a 5 secs of fame grab from the process server.  Most public people don't want this type of stuff playing out publicly.  They're much happier with TMZ finding it and reporting it and it going away after a day or so because it's on to the next 'scandal'. 
    This makes me feel better.

My understanding is that process servers go where they feel like so hopefully this is a guy who enjoyed those few minutes. 
  • Options
    She also could've been ducking the process server.  They'll chase someone down (that's what they're being paid to do) and if they absolutely know that person will be at this place at this time, they don't care what that person is doing.  Their job is to put those papers into the person's hands.  For such a public moment, I suspect she was ducking the service, most process servers don't really want any moments of fame.  It'll interfere with their jobs.  I've only given specific instructions one time to make a service as public as possible and there were reasons behind it.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    She also could've been ducking the process server.  They'll chase someone down (that's what they're being paid to do) and if they absolutely know that person will be at this place at this time, they don't care what that person is doing.  Their job is to put those papers into the person's hands.  For such a public moment, I suspect she was ducking the service, most process servers don't really want any moments of fame.  It'll interfere with their jobs.  I've only given specific instructions one time to make a service as public as possible and there were reasons behind it.
    I thought about that too.  Who knows in Hollywood though?  I'm sure there's process servers who really want to become actors (which this is NOT the way).  LOL

But I would love to see her asked if she was ducking being served and see what the response is from her (or more likely, her flack).  
  • Options
    I will say that when I filed for divorce, the process server was put in touch with me directly, and informed me exactly when and where she was going to serve my ex. Obviously for a high profile case like this, things could be very different.