Wedding Woes
Options

Prudie Day!

So it is actually Thursday. Finally. 

Finishing up things then I’m off until Tuesday. I’m going to a running camp this weekend. It’s sponsored by a womens running apparel company and it’s summer camp for adults. I’m so excited! 

Re: Prudie Day!

• Options
    Sounds fun!  I'm about to eat because I'm hangry and then I'll post Prudie.  

SSDD around here.  
  • Options
    That sounds dope @charlotte989875 have a great time!

I spent too much time this morning pricing places to have DS's birthday. Most of our core friends have left and he will be in nursery so maybe we invite the class? But our house/yard isn't very big so I am trying to find out if we can use the communal green space behind our house. I would love to rent one of those big inflatable slides. Or we could do it at the splash park but it is kind of pricey and they only give you 2 hours. 

My last friend and I have plans for cocktails tomorrow and I am so looking forward to it. 50% chance she flakes though. 

Some good news though. Yesterday the Sohail star was spotted on the horizon, marking the end of summer and bringing cooler temperatures. And today was only 94*! Amazing! Lol.
  • Options
    Sounds like great fun.  For a runner lol @charlotte989875.  Have fun!

last night was trivia night with meetup.  We once had 10 yeses and 1 on the waitlist.  Ended up with 3.  Yes, 3. And one was the list owner who showed up only as a number (but she did get us some answers!).  We were 6th out of 11 I think? So not bad for 3 non regular trivia go-ers.  Why is it so hard to get people to commit? 

Tonight is game night! 

• Options
    Nothing too much going on.  I stayed home yesterday because I just hit a wall.  I slept most of the day and watched silly kids movies the rest of the time.  Ordered some frivilous things on Amazon and a few books, as well as new wireless headphones that are stupid expensive, but I'm hoping they last better than my cheap-o ones have.

Otherwise, SSDD.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2022
    I had to do that too, @VarunaTT.  Get new wireless buds.  I like the waterproof ones for hottubbing, and my last pair was less than 3 months old and the charging nodules started to leak and corrode acid all over them.  I wrote a bad review because it was out of amazon’s policy.  Sucked!  I hope you’re feeling better today.  Maybe the retail therapy helped?

right @missJeanLouise.  I feel like everyone cancels around me and I’m never one to cancel on someone

editwords

• Options
    That sounds like so much fun, @charlotte989875! I keep seeing ads for them on social media. Are you going with a friend or just by yourself? 

Last night's impromptu date night wound up being trivia as well. We've only been to this place one other time, but it's the local trivia group that's everywhere. We came in first place! H knows a lot of trivia so we usually do ok, but it was pretty fun to see the group of 8 who were very serious stay in first through the whole game until we beat them on the final. Then we came home and stayed up too late, but it was worth it. 
  • Options
    I've been especially exhausted since I woke up and I'm not sure why.  I got about 7 hours of sleep, not great but not too bad, and didn't wake up at all.  A mystery.

My blood donation went well.  My iron levels we on the low end of the scale, but still high enough to donate.  My gift was a 24 oz. water bottle that has gradations on one side for how much water you should be drinking per one hour period.  So, for example, it will have 8AM.  Then about 4 ounces down it will have 9AM.  I decided I'm going to keep it at work and try to UP my water game.

It's just the first day but, from a psychological perspective, it seems to be working.  It sits on my desk as a "reminder" and I can visually see by the lines how much water I drank.  When I finish a piece of work, I take a 30 second break and drink down to the next "line".

Unfortunately, today is my Costco day, so it will be a long one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Almost packed for vacation. Had my eyebrows done this morning. This afternoon I see my podiatrist and will hopefully get a cortisone shot in my heel. It is getting worse and I want to be able to walk on the beach. Pizza for dinner tonight since we have cleaned out the fridge.
  • Options
    Rough day.  Hubby still not doing well.  I'm dragging at work - one of the people in my class just won't do their job, and I'm done with it.  And we had a crisis involving suicide that I had to deal with first thing in the morning, so part of my mind is really occupied with that.

But ... I have fluffy rabbits that are spoiled and happy.  Focus on the good things.  Friday is coming!

I would love to do a trivia night, but I would probably suck.  Unless the categories were horse racing, rabbits, and the medieval period.

• Options
    I've been exhausted this week too.  Been sleeping ok I think so maybe stress?  Fortunately, I was able to take a power nap at lunch yesterday since I wfh.

I'm going out with a work friend for dinner/drinks tonight.  We have so much to discuss!  We don't work in the same unit but used to sit next to each other before we went home 2.5 years ago.  

Tomorrow night my work unit is having a happy hour so that should be fun as well.  

This weekend I want to get some junk cleaned up at home.  We still have some boxes tucked away from when we moved a year and a half ago.  Time to get that taken care of.  I have a feeling I'll be making a trip to donate and a trip to the county recycle center.  If the weather is good, I'll do some clean-up outside too.  
  • Options
    @MyNameIsNot I’m probably not going to go back to Hotlanta anytime soon, but if I ever do, me, you and your H are going to do trivia one night!  
    You’d be surprised at the questions @kerbohl.  I don’t know much, but sometimes it’s just common knowledge and “things that make sense”.  And someones if they play songs inbetween the questions, listen to the songs because there may be a hint in that too. I got a few questions right yesterday and I was pretty proud of myself because usually I’m the trivia rounder upper - but I’m petty much there to eat and drink and do something away from netflix. 
    I want you to be able to walk on the beach too @ILoveBeachMusic!

i’m not going straight home tonight after work, and I want to quickly run home during work hours to drop off some stuff and change out some very uncomfortable sandals (there was a reason they weren’t on my regular shoe rack) - but I also want to wait for UPS to drop off my fabfitfun box that’s on the truck, so hopefully they do that soon!

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @CharmedPam that's ridiculous about the attendance rate!
    @kerbohl ugh I'm sorry
    @VarunaTT any silly kids movies you can recommend? :)

Just going through motions over here.  Taking the kids to a Mets game later.
  • Options
    @MyNameIsNot I’m probably not going to go back to Hotlanta anytime soon, but if I ever do, me, you and your H are going to do trivia one night!  
    You’d be surprised at the questions @kerbohl.  I don’t know much, but sometimes it’s just common knowledge and “things that make sense”.  And someones if they play songs inbetween the questions, listen to the songs because there may be a hint in that too. I got a few questions right yesterday and I was pretty proud of myself because usually I’m the trivia rounder upper - but I’m petty much there to eat and drink and do something away from netflix. 

i’m not going straight home tonight after work, and I want to quickly run home during work hours to drop off some stuff and change out some very uncomfortable sandals (there was a reason they weren’t on my regular shoe rack) - but I also want to wait for UPS to drop off my fabfitfun box that’s on the truck, so hopefully they do that soon!
    Exactly. One of the ones where I contributed was that I knew Barbie's little sister was Skipper. And it's a date!
  • Options

Exactly. One of the ones where I contributed was that I knew Barbie's little sister was Skipper. And it's a date!
    That's right!  I forgot that she had a little sister!

• Options
    One of the questions was “with her song “hold it against me” in 2011, this solo artist became the third woman to make the billboard top 10 (or maybe 1?) song spanning 3 decades after Janet Jackson and Madonna”.

And I’m like “this is 100% Britney Spears”.  But we were in the second-to-last round and they progressively get harder so I only doubted myself because it was so close to the end and I’m like they couldn’t put one THIS easy in there so late in the game!  

• Options
    ei34 said:
    @CharmedPam that's ridiculous about the attendance rate!
    @kerbohl ugh I'm sorry
    @VarunaTT any silly kids movies you can recommend? :)

Just going through motions over here.  Taking the kids to a Mets game later.
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was just as silly and fun as the 1st one.  I re-watched Megamind b/c that's just one of my favorites.  Then I watched Sea Beast, which is new-ish on Netflix  It's 100% "How to Train Your Dragon", only with sea monsters, but still okay.