Wedding Woes
Options

Prudie Day

Happy Thursday!  Battling a hormonal headache but otherwise well.  Several of my family members are currently sick though, including my 8 month old niece who has enterovirus. No one has tested positive for Covid yet, so fingers crossed.

Had some extra time yesterday, and the sage from my herb garden is on its final days, so made us a papperdelle, peas and sage for dinner. I don’t usually have carbs with dinner (especially with cream sauce 😳) but sometimes spaghetti squash or zoodles just doesn’t cut it. Still dreaming about it…just wanted to share, lol 

Hope everyone is doing alright!

Re: Prudie Day

• Options
    Well had you pick baby M up early from school yesterday with a fever so he’s home again. I’m 2 weeks he’s been to school 3 times. How did people do this for all of 2020?! 
  • Options
    Well had you pick baby M up early from school yesterday with a fever so he’s home again. I’m 2 weeks he’s been to school 3 times. How did people do this for all of 2020?! 
    We did it in 2012.   In a span of 3 weeks Chiquita had an ear infection, croup and then pneumonia and they were separate events.  My mom was retired and came to watch her (and got sick herself).

What sucked back then was my job was absolutely not remote and so it was either use up PTO, ask for a favor from mom or....nothing?  
  • Options
    @ei34, I tried spaghetti squash for the first time a few weeks ago.  Costco carries them in a really convenient way.  They are frozen in a bag, but already portioned out in coils.  Seemed like a great way to finally try it.  I liked it!  Such a good way to reduce carbs and add more veggies into the diet.  But it did feel like I was just eating sauce with veggies in it.  I forget I have them in the freezer though, lol.  My H made sauce a few nights ago and it just hit me I can use those for the leftovers, instead of boiling more noodles.

The clean out has begun!  I threw out a box and half a contractor bag full of stuff last night.

I also found one of Nip's old cat toys.  It's one of those where there is a ball trapped in a plastic container and the cat can push the ball around in it.  I brought it out for Maple Bar to see if there was an interest.  She investigated it thoroughly.  We showed her how it worked.  She walked away, without playing with it (womp, womp).  But about 10 minutes later, returned and was having a good time pushing the ball around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no @charlotte989875.  I'm sorry.  Daycare illness bingo is the worst cycle to be in. 

I also remember in 2012/2013, it felt like I was constantly keeping DefConn home with ear infections and other crap.  It was also Murphy's law that if DH went on a business trip, DefConn or I got sick.  I remember having strep for the first time since I was a teenager and DH was in PA.  It felt like he barely called me and kept posting 'tourist' pics (they had a lot of downtime after work).  He's lucky he's alive, j/k. 

I've been MIA this week because we had a massive company-wide phone system launch over the weekend (we are a call center, so it's one of the most major things we've ever done).  So last week and most of this week, everything felt like it was on fire.  The emails and team messages have slowed way down, thankfully.  I am having a team meeting later so I can share updates and let them vent, LOL. 

Work and home have felt so busy recently and we're not slowing down any time soon.  We have a night out this weekend and are staying downtown.  Next weekend, we're going to do the Bourbon trail for our anniversary.  At least I'm off most of next week. 

Prudie in a few.  :)

• Options
    A few moms in my June 2018 group have had their kids home a lot too. We got lucky so far, and idk if it's because BK was in PreK last year or what but not as sick as often here.
  • Options
    Ugh sorry @charlotte989875 that stinks!  Poor baby M and poor you!  2020-21 school year was a nightmare...I didn't mind if one of my kids sneezed and were sent home for a few days, I get it, covid symptom.  But younger DD scratched her throat eating pretzels at snack, but when she went to the nurse the nurse misunderstood and sent her home with a sore throat, no coming back until we had a negative PCR Covid test which back then took 72 hours.  It's so hard trying to work in person and also be a mom!  Good luck to you guys and hope he begins to feel better
  • Options
    I have to buy halloween candy and purple colour for BK
    As promised, I'm doing BK's hair this weekend.

Also on Sunday my friend A & I are surprising our friend T
    Her hubby is away on training. Unfortunately because he's now special forces, he can't have his phone - so he can't even facetime. He's unfortunately missed 2 of his kid's bdays now :( 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. It would be easier if we didn’t have so much construction happening bc then one of the grandmas could come but now it’s too hard for that. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2022
    I haven’t had spaghetti sqash as noodles in a loooooong time.  I remember liking them done up in restaurants vs home cooked ones.  Actually, that goes for all foods.  Better when a chef makes it and I don’t know why?
    Sorry the sickness keeps on going around @charlotte989875
    @ei34 that’s crazy that she was sent home for a scratched throat.  But back then (even now) better to be over cautious than under.
    @MissKittyDanger hope the surprise goes well. I tear up mad crazy at those surprise reunion videos of soldiers coming home.  Like, they’re NSFW for me.

SSDD. I have tomorrow off, so I’m planning the botanical gardens in the afternoon and a paint and sip at night. Normally the halloween picture options are better this time of year, and maybe I should have looked early October? It’s also self assessment time which I absolutely loathe - and I have to get that in before 12:00 tomorrow. I have a new boss rating me this year and I have no idea if she’s stricter on ratings or softer than my old one. I think my old one rated me well.  Never got a perfect score, but he even said that was impossible for anyone. 
    Edit; does anyone watch netflix’s “love is blind”? Or Comedy Central’s “inside Amy Schumer”?

• Options
    @ei34 that dinner sounds awesome.  I put a roast in the crockpot this morning and i'm very excited for that later....maybe we'll do good pasta tomorrow!

G has his *fingers crossed* last chemo appointment of the intense treatment phase today (delayed from last week!) If liver levels are still high we'll be delayed another week but we're hopeful. H is with him today and we should find out pretty soon what the plan is.  

No plans this weekend, it feels weird bc we've been very busy the last few weeks.  Still looking forward to the weekend though!
  • Options
    I haven’t had spaghetti sqash as noodles in a loooooong time.  I remember liking them done up in restaurants vs home cooked ones.  Actually, that goes for all foods.  Better when a chef makes it and I don’t know why?

Butter and salt. 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam A & I are meeting down the street and driving there together. I'll make her record it ;) 
  • Options

Butter and salt. 

• Options

Butter and salt. 
    I was coming here to write this. 
  • Options
    I haven’t had spaghetti sqash as noodles in a loooooong time.  I remember liking them done up in restaurants vs home cooked ones. 
    Guess what I'm actually having for lunch lmao!

How I do it is veg oil and whatever spices for cooking, then just parm when eating.

Very good.
  • Options
    I love spaghetti squash!  And I'm also a butter and salt person for it.  It's my favourite squash, though I like buttercup squash as well.

Been very productive at work, so productive that I'm going to randomly take tomorrow off, lol.  But I'm filling it with dentist and doctor visits, though I might see if my parents want to go out for lunch.

Looking forward to a long weekend - I'll do yardwork, hike, and I have book club.  I haven't finished the book and I'm not even close to done, maybe a quarter of the way.  Its "The Boys in the Boat".

• Options
    I am run down and I’m worried I might be getting a cold. My parents definitely had one last week and my dad coughed right in my face at one point so this is on track for the incubation period. I took 50 mg of Zinc earlier hoping I can knock it out. I desperately wanted to go to the gym today because I have barely exercised in the past month and it’s showing, but I think I should rest instead. I need to clean the house up so I might try to that before getting to bed early. 

One of our good family friends died unexpectedly last week and the funeral is today. I’m in a funk about it. I really wanted to go but I’ve taken so much time off recently and I might have to take more depending on what happens with my dad. I talked to my manager about going to 3 twelve hour shifts hopefully in December. The response was a little unsatisfactory to me and I got some push back. And then I pushed back because the 3 12’s were what I was originally hired to do. Just ugh to everything. I need a long sleep and a week off with zero responsibilities. 

I hope you and M feel better soon @charlotte989875. Daycare and the beginning school years are rough while kids get their immune systems sorted out. And then it rears it’s head again in jr high/ high school when their hygiene takes a hit. 

• Options
    So so happy for you all @Casadena!!!
  • Options
    I’m so happy for you and your family!!! @casadena

• Options
    @Casadena, awesome!  I'm so glad for you and your family and especially for G.  He is going to start feeling so much better and get on a more routine weekly schedule.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hooray for G, @Casadena!  What wonderful news!

• Options
    Amazing @Casadena amazing!

• Options
    @levioosa why the pish back if that’s what you were hired for? And you like WANT it!!! 
    Sorry you can’t be there for the funeral.  That’s never easy 😔 

• Options
    For fellow Wendys lovers out there, I just found out that on Nov. 15th, they are going to be offering Peppermint Frosties through the holidays.  I was not a fan of the Strawberry one they had over the summer.

I should buy one of those Halloween booklets that have 10 coupons for a free kid-sized Frosty!  Except they will all be for me...muhahah.  No time to waste, I only have until Monday.  They are across the street from my work so I am a (too) frequent customer.

They are also going to start selling garlic fries and an Italian Mozzarella chicken sandwich or hamburger.  I hope the garlic fries are permanent, but I suspect they will also be for a limited time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Casadena that is the best news!! 
  • Options
    @Casadena What wonderful news!

@short+sassy I also didn't care for the strawberry, but I'll try the peppermint ones.  I'll admit, I'm an OG gal and like the chocolate.
  • Options
    @Casadena - Wonderful news!

• Options
    VarunaTT said:
    @Casadena What wonderful news!

@short+sassy I also didn't care for the strawberry, but I'll try the peppermint ones.  I'll admit, I'm an OG gal and like the chocolate.
    A choco-peppermint mix might be the best of both worlds ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Casadena, AMAZING!  I'm so glad you've moved into this phase of the journey.  Onward and upward for your sweet boy, you, and your family.  Continued good vibes for G's health.