Wedding Woes

Monday

2»

Re: Monday

• Well, now I'm hungry for cookies!
    It is snowing here, we are supposed to get a good wallop.  
    Had a good, quiet weekend.  This week starting with a punch though.  I was at work, on a call with a colleague.  All of the sudden, I look out my window to see this MASSIVE bird of prey (still don't know what it was) with what looked like something white in its talons.  And my white rabbit was outside.  So I basically yell at the person I was on a call with that I had to step away to save my rabbit, run outside .... rabbit is fine, was smart to go into his pen.  But my chickens are cowering under one of my many "shade" things in the yard, so the bird was trying to get them.  I don't know what I thought I saw in its talons, all my animals are fine.  My chickens were not amused. 
    So operation stay the F out of my yard is going to commence soon.  Decoy owl, flashy cds in the trees ... this bird and I are at war now.    

• I made cookies last night and they were super good! I love baking on Sundays! Pop something in the oven for 15 minutes while we're eating and everyone gets treats after :)

I will probably buy the tagalong/PB patties if i run into anyone selling in person though!
  • @kerbohl I'm so glad your animals were safe.

Which then leads me to  I wonder how I would've reacted if someone I was on a call with started yelling about this.  Granted, I'd probably say, "Go save the rabbit!!!", but it would be odd.

Ah, 2023.  :D
  • kerbohl said:
    Well, now I'm hungry for cookies!
    Had a good, quiet weekend.  This week starting with a punch though.  I was at work, on a call with a colleague.  All of the sudden, I look out my window to see this MASSIVE bird of prey (still don't know what it was) with what looked like something white in its talons.  And my white rabbit was outside.  So I basically yell at the person I was on a call with that I had to step away to save my rabbit, run outside .... rabbit is fine, was smart to go into his pen.  But my chickens are cowering under one of my many "shade" things in the yard, so the bird was trying to get them.  I don't know what I thought I saw in its talons, all my animals are fine.  My chickens were not amused. 
    So operation stay the F out of my yard is going to commence soon.  Decoy owl, flashy cds in the trees ... this bird and I are at war now.    
    I have all those! They work! These do in the spring - when my trees are bare, but once the leaves start to fill in, it’s hard to see;

KKY 10 Pack Bird Repellent Rod-A Hanging Bird Repellent Rod for Viewing Spiral Control Devices, Which Can Drive Birds Away from The House Garden Swimming Pool (11.8 inches) https://a.co/d/07v8nKG

• kerbohl said:
    Yikes!  I'm glad all your animals are okay!

Not nearly as stressful as that, but there is a stray cat who has been harassing my Maple Bar.  MB likes to sit in windows, as many cats do.  This orange, territorial cat sometimes goes over to the window she is looking out of it and gets in her face.  She's an inside cat and the glass is always between them, but she doesn't necessarily know she's safe.  It upsets and scares her.  The orange cat primarily hangs out at a house that is two doors down from mine, so it's at least not bugging MB every day.  I shoo it away every time I see it.  But that's about all I can do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kerbohl said:
    I have all those! They work! These do in the spring - when my trees are bare, but once the leaves start to fill in, it’s hard to see;

KKY 10 Pack Bird Repellent Rod-A Hanging Bird Repellent Rod for Viewing Spiral Control Devices, Which Can Drive Birds Away from The House Garden Swimming Pool (11.8 inches) https://a.co/d/07v8nKG
    Ah, I was thinking of these - thanks!  I didn't know where I could find them.  I can hang them from both ends of my shed too, even when the leaves come back.

• I’m intrigued by alternate names like caramel delites/PB Patties.  @CharmedPam I like the lemon ups too! Though my faves are both classics (Tagalongs and thin mints). 
    My older daughter is a Brownie and her online shop opened yesterday too, but raspberry rally is sold out for us too. One of the troop leaders or the cookie mom ordered a bunch and I have six boxes coming my way through that order (five going to coworkers, one for us)…will they even live up to the hype?  I don’t like the adventurefuls, they always strike me as dry.
  • I haven't tried any of the new flavors of GS cookies since I haven't bought them in years (don't need the extra calories). I will sometimes just donate money to a troop. My favorites have always been thin mints and trefoils.
  • One thing you can do if you're interested in supporting the GS while also not eating them is to donate directly as you did @ILoveBeachMusic or you can also buy boxes that are donated to local heros - usually veterans either at home or overseas. 
  • banana468 said:
    One thing you can do if you're interested in supporting the GS while also not eating them is to donate directly as you did @ILoveBeachMusic or you can also buy boxes that are donated to local heros - usually veterans either at home or overseas. 
    This is how we ramp up sales for our granddaughter.  5 boxes for Grandpa and 20 for their Gift of Care Program.  That girl sets a high bar goal and grandpa can’t stand if she doesn’t achieve it.  Grandma is not as much of a cupcake LOL